Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Slightly Different Forum Mock Draft - Pick 11!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr is a way bigger joke than Mosely. I'm starting to doubt whether or not you all have eyes. He is the most technically flawed player at his position that will go in the first 3 rounds. I actually think Barr will fall out of the top 15. Slightly above average athlete with great size and well below average technique.

Lewan.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Barr is a way bigger joke than Mosely. I'm starting to doubt whether or not you all have eyes. He is the most technically flawed player at his position that will go in the first 3 rounds. I actually think Barr will fall out of the top 15. Slightly above average athlete with great size and well below average technique.

Lewan.

Well in Barr's defense, I think he's still learning the position. He's only been playing it for a couple of years, so it's understandable that he's still a bit unpolished at it. I'm not worried about his combine numbers, actual game film always trumps workout numbers IMO. He's got tremendous upside, but the question is, can he continue to put it all together at the pro level?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Lewan.

You do realize that was only Barr's 2nd year playing the position right? He was a RB before that. Technique is expected to be "below average". It's called being raw. Just like many players before him were who went high in the draft. Potential is through the roof and yes I do have eyes. I saw him put up back-to-back 10+ sack seasons against some NFL caliber LTs. Coaching will help correct his issues with technique. His athleticism is better than above average. His athleticism is why he's a very good prospect. He needs work with simple things in his technique like hand placement. A player with great athleticism, great production on the field, potential through the roof, good instincts, and who's main problem is simple technique adjustments is definitely worth the 11th overall pick to me. Looks like you're paying too much attention to combine #'s.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Lewan.

You do realize that was only Barr's 2nd year playing the position right? He was a RB before that. Technique is expected to be "below average". It's called being raw. Just like many players before him were who went high in the draft. Potential is through the roof and yes I do have eyes. I saw him put up back-to-back 10+ sack seasons against some NFL caliber LTs. Coaching will help correct his issues with technique. His athleticism is better than above average. His athleticism is why he's a very good prospect. He needs work with simple things in his technique like hand placement. A player with great athleticism, great production on the field, potential through the roof, good instincts, and who's main problem is simple technique adjustments is definitely worth the 11th overall pick to me. Looks like you're paying too much attention to combine #'s.

If you frequent this forum, which I know you do, you should know I thought Barr was completely overrated well before the Combine. He just doesn't impress me at all. 4 tapes of him I've found and in every one he's 9 yards deep in the backfield when he rushes the passer. Doesn't even attempt a counter move if the LT is smart enough to take a big first step and let him go outside. He blocks himself. Doesn't dip or bend around the edge. He had decent sack numbers, but he didn't pressure the QB near enough in the film I've seen. This potential ceiling everyone talks about isn't as big as his potential bust factor considering the hype around a player with absolute terrible technique.

I wouldn't touch him just like I wouldn't touch Manziel. You can post sacks in college without being a great NFL pass rusher. Against a NFL LT and a QB that doesn't hold on to the ball, he's not going to get there very often.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr it is. Thanks for voting.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD NEWS: D'Qwell Jackson is not coming to the Titans

WORSE NEWS: He signed with the freakin' Colts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/linebacker-d-qwell-jackson--cut-by-cleveland--lands-with-the-colts-144622964.html
utkjoe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/linebacker-d-qwell-jackson--cut-by-cleveland--lands-with-the-colts-144622964.html

Some good news in there is that the Colts paid too much for him. I like when our competition invest large sums into average players. I wanted him on the Titans, but not for that amount.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utkjoe wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Some good news in there is that the Colts paid too much for him. I like when our competition invest large sums into average players. I wanted him on the Titans, but not for that amount.

The colts paid for a "name". Irsay has a bad habit of doing that. DHB, Vontae Davis & Trent Rich. He loves to give his twitter followers a reason to follow him. Keep the hits coming Jim. Rolling Eyes He needs to fix that OL, but I am not complaining. Laughing Twisted Evil

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they overpaid for him by all that much. Slightly over 5 million per year. He's probably a 4 million per year guy that had a favorable market due to being released before free agency begins.

Edit: Ehhh but 4 years to a 30 year old player on the downslope of his career... yeah I'll pass. What was I thinking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: