Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

g. smith vs. t. pryor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pegasus0420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: g. smith vs. t. pryor Reply with quote

was wondering what are the major differences between the two?? http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/statistics/player/passing/conference/afc/2013
proyer threw the ball 171 times less than geno and went 156-272 for a total of 1,798 . geno went 247-443 for a total of 3,046. proyor ran for 576 yards with only 2 rushing touchdowns. geno ran for 366 with 6 rushing touchdowns.
all together pryor was accounted for 9 touchdowns n 11 turnovers. geno accounted for 18 touchdowns and 21 turnovers. both need work but kinda don't undertand why the Jets stayed away from pryor in the supplemental draft (2011) but then jump to smith last year. from the 2012 draft there are 3 players who aren't even on the team anymore (griffin, Jordan white, genaway.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause their completely different players? Pryor is an Athlete Trying to Play QB while Geno is a "real" QB. Pryor was really nothing more than a project IMO when he came out.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is a better pure passer. I don't like judging him by his stats last year, bc he had no weapons. Pryor literally would rather run than pass. He doesn't have weapons either, but he takes off and runs. Not a player you want as your QB. I don't ever think agent will be able to sling it like Elite QBs but I do think with talent around him he can get to a high level.
pegasus0420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013gsmith.php a scouting report on smith. I understand he had no weapons. just for the record I am Geno Smith fan.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that can actually pass.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch enough Pryor to judge him. System, weapons, and drops would count for the most when comparing these two since they both don't have the same amount of throws.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith actually had a QB rating in the 70s when Kerley played. It was when Holmes, Kerley, CUmberland, and Winslow were gone that he played really really bad.

Geno Smith has actual potential as a starting QB, I can see him at least being an average QB. Terrelle Pryor on the other hand IMO has no potential and is just a runner. I saw nothing out of Pryor as a passer in college and in the NFL. Gifted athlete, but not a gifted QB.

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: