Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner reinstated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Brandon Browner reinstated Reply with quote

http://tracking.si.com/2014/03/04/seahawks-brandon-browner-reinstated/
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone remembers I had said this would happen.

NFL really tried to screw Browner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets can work things out with Cromartie, bringing in Browner on a small deal wouldn't be the worst idea as an insurance policy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
If the Jets can work things out with Cromartie, bringing in Browner on a small deal wouldn't be the worst idea as an insurance policy.

I wouldn't want a fellow member of the 30 and older club as the insurance policy. If we choose to go with a stopgap like Cromartie, then the back-up should be a rookie that is developing. Overall, our CB depth is fine with Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

I wouldn't want a fellow member of the 30 and older club as the insurance policy. If we choose to go with a stopgap like Cromartie, then the back-up should be a rookie that is developing. Overall, our CB depth is fine with Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls.

The thing is though, Cromartie might be nearing the end, as guys his size who have relied on their athleticism to compete in their twenties tend to hit the wall early. I like Wilson more than most, but not enough to imagine a starting backfield of him and Milliner. I would envision Browner as more of a bridge player, who might be a guy to see some starts over the next couple years until a drafted player was in a position to compete to start.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love his size. He brings that to the table and no other CB in the NFL can match that with him. Plus he should be hungry to prove himself. I'd take him in a heartbeat. But rather than Cro, not as a backup plan. He's not a back up,he's a legit starter, he's just 30. So not a long term answer.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly I'd rather Cro and then draft a guy somewhere in the 4-6 range to develop.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I love his size. He brings that to the table and no other CB in the NFL can match that with him. Plus he should be hungry to prove himself. I'd take him in a heartbeat. But rather than Cro, not as a backup plan. He's not a back up,he's a legit starter, he's just 30. So not a long term answer.

Correct me If I'm wrong, because I'm not up to speed on the details of his personal situation, but wouldn't he be one of these one-strike guys? I don't think I'd be comfortable depending exclusively on a guy like that as a starter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
honestly I'd rather Cro and then draft a guy somewhere in the 4-6 range to develop.

This is exactly what I want. I would give Browner a shot if he could play safety.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be fools to pass up on Vontae Davis or Alterraun Verner to pay Cromartie 2 mill less who isn't that great anymore.

Cornerback IMO could be the one position we could improve and it would solidify a spot we never expected to be solidified for a long time. Verner and Davis are both only 25. Its smart to lock up YOUNG players not over pay for guys in there late 20's.

Our safety spot still has room to grow its not something we need to spend 9-10 million dollars on.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather Bring in Vontae Davis. He fits our scheme perfectly and is only 25.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspended the 1st 4 games instead of the whole season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: