Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTF4L Mock Offseason V.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: TTF4L Mock Offseason V.1 Reply with quote

The idea was simple in my mock. Get players to fit the new defense while adding leadership and to add talent to the offense. Some may say it's a little unrealistic but it's my mock and it's what I wish would happen.

Released/Cut/Not Resigned
QB - Rusty Smith
RB - Chris Johnson
FB - Quinn Johnson
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Marc Mariani
WR - Kevin Walter
OT - David Stewart
OT - Mike Otto
OC - Robert Turner
OC - Kevin Matthews
DE - Kamerion Wimbley
DT - Antonio Johnson
MLB - Moise Fokou
CB - Alterraun Verner
CB - Tommie Campbell

Resigned
SS - Bernard Pollard - 3 Year Deal
We need him back imo. He was a leader in our secondary and made Griffin actually look serviceable. We need his attitude on this defense.

OG/OC - Chris Spencer - 1 Year Deal
Depth to the interior.

DE - Ropati Pitoitua - 2 Year Deal
Fits in the 3-4 at a position we need.

WR - Damian Williams - 1 Year Deal
Solid player that provides depth.

RB/RS - Leon Washington - 2 Year Deal
Looked good in his limited time last year. Role increases this year.

Free Agent Signings
ILB - D'Qwell Jackson - 2 Year Deal

Brings leadership to young LB group. He won't be the main guy like he was in Cleveland because we have Brown but can help at the opposite ILB spot for leadership and still a pretty solid player.

OLB - Anthony Spencer - 1 Year Deal

CB - Jabari Greer - 1 Year Deal

Both Spencer and Greer are coming off season ending injuries but sign here for a 1 year prove-it deal. Both before injuries were very good players. Some may say why sign two players coming off season ending injuries and being on the wrong side of 30? Well they should come relatively cheap and Webster has shown he'll give out the 1 year deals like he did last year. They don't work out, we move on.

Trades
Titans trade Derrick Morgan to Minnesota for pick 3rd(96).
I don't see Morgan fitting in this defense as a 3-4 DE or a OLB and we need more picks especially gaining back a 3rd. It's a late 3rd but I value Morgan around a late 3rd-early 4th.

Titans trade pick 11 to Browns for pick 26 and 35. Some may say this is unrealistic but on the draft value chart, it matches up evenly at 1250. They move up potentially to grab a QB or their new defensive leader, Mosley.

Draft
1st(26) - Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame

We're moving towards a 3-4 and we need a NT. Nix is by far the best NT in the draft but falls because of knee issues last year and NT's always seem to fall on draft day.

2nd(35) - Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

With our first 2nd round pick, we go defense again and select Nix's college teammate, Tuitt. Tuitt had a down year last year due to weight gain in the offseason and injuries throughout the season. However, when he's around 300, he's an animal. Would make a hell of a 5-Tech for us. Why draft Tuitt if we resigned Pitoitua? Simple, Pitoitua isn't the long term solution and Casey is a FA after this season. We don't know how Casey will do in the 3-4. If he's bad, we have Tuitt and Pitoitua going forward while trying to trade Casey. If Casey thrives, we resign him and have Casey at one DE spot and Tuitt at the other. I don't many if any teams would be able to run on a front 3 of Casey - Nix - Tuitt.

2nd(42) - Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech

Can't you tell I like defense by now? Laughing Spencer is on a 1 year prove-it deal and who know's if Ayers will actually start to look good. Attaochu played out of position at GT. Basically played all over the field. If he was able to just rush the passer, he likely would've led the nation in sacks. We need PRs and Attaochu is one of them.

3rd(96) - Ja'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee

Finally a pick for you offense people. James looked better than Richardson last year but everyone fell in love with Richardson for some reason. James comes in a competes with Stingily at RT.

4th(108) - Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia

Very good all-around RB who can potentially be a starter in this league. Problem with him is he runs too upright at times instead of lowering his pads and you can see it clear as day. Still had a pretty good year last whether it was rushing the ball or being a receiver. The idea is to have Greene as the power back, Sims as the prospect/all-around guy, and Washington as the 3rd down back.

5th(143) - Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming

Another prospect I've come to fall in love with. Amazingly quick release, great athleticism, and with great short and intermediate accuracy. His deep ball isn't the greatest but it's not Andy Dalton bad. Wyoming's offense is built around a lot of WR screens and short passes. Rarely did they throw deep. If Locker doesn't work out, Smith could compete in 2015. Surprised to see so many draft websites say 5th-6th round rating but I'll take it.

6th(182) - Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt

Was very impressed with Hal this past season. He shut down some big name WR's. Another mid-round who potentially be another gem for us. Battle for the roster spot and the #4 CB spot should be a good one between Hal, BWW, and Wooten.

7th(224) - Zack Kerr, NT, Delaware

Homer pick here. Got to get my boy from Delaware, big Zack Kerr. Having a backup NT isn't so bad and considering I don't think Hill will be able to play NT, Kerr makes some sense. Some don't like doubling on picks but we need depth at NT and Kerr can definitely bring it. Great athleticism for a big guy and has worked as a NT in a 3-4.

Final Depth Chart
QB: Locker, Fiztpatrick, Smith
RB: Greene, Washington, Sims, Battle
FB: Mooney
WR: Washington, Hunter, Preston
WR: Wright, Williams
TE: Walker, Stevens, Thompson
LT: Roos
LG: Levitre
C: Schwenke, Spencer
RG: Warmack
RT: James, Stingily
DE: Casey, Klug
NT: Nix, Hill, Kerr
DE: Pitoitua, Tuitt
OLB: Ayers, Attaochu
ILB: Jackson, C-Mac
ILB: Brown, Gooden
OLB: Spencer, Edwards
CB: McCourty, Sensabaugh, Hal
CB: Greer, BWW
FS: Griffin, Wilson
SS: Pollard, Stafford
K: Bironas
P: Kern
RS: Washington

Bring on the criticism. Laughing

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy with all of this. I'd like to get an OT in free agency too though to go with a rookie OT.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 70 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 11 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is very good, I think Morgan holds a little bit more value than you gave him....and I would agree we could use a veteran tackle, Tyson Clabo is a player I would not mind he played well toward the end of the season and we could have James, Stingly and Clabo battle for the starting job.

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
I think this is very good, I think Morgan holds a little bit more value than you gave him....and I would agree we could use a veteran tackle, Tyson Clabo is a player I would not mind he played well toward the end of the season and we could have James, Stingly and Clabo battle for the starting job.

Yea signing a vet OT would be beneficial to the young guys.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TrojanMan217

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite mock I've seen so far. I agree completely with your philosophy. We would like to think the players we have now can fit a 3-4 but until they show it on the field consistantly then I'm not gonna believe it. This draft needs to be Defense focused.

Also Nix is my pick at 11, getting him later is cake. I like him in a 4-3/3-4 hybrid.

Quinney makes the best sigs ^^^^^^^^^
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving that more people here are hopping on the Brett Smith train!Laughing Great mock though I'd love it if we could get some more picks. Landing a game changer like Nix at 26 is awesome, and I love what Attaochu can potentially bring as a pass rusher.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely get on board.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the trading of Morgan. I know there are questions on him fitting in, but I'm one that thinks he can make the transition. Also, I don't feel that those trades would happen.
I think the most we'd get for Morgan is a 4 maybe 5th.

I have questions about Nix and Tuitt. Nix's injury and ability to play at his college level and Tuitt's overall ability.

The rest of the picks are good, just a matter of preference for the positions but the positions are hit on.

FA is cool. I wonder if Jackson is going to sign with us. If he did I'd love it!
I been wanting Spencer for a while, I dont know if it's too late for him now.

And as you mentioned signing players coming off injuries is a risky move. Not money wise, just roster spot wise. Might be left with two holes if they don't pan out.

The center of your mock is the trades and I can't see those happening which would really derail your whole mock. But if it happened, wouldn't be mad at the picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: