Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molecular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone like the look of Christian Jones? Linebacker from Florida State, looking like he'd be a mid third rounder.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molecular wrote:
Anyone like the look of Christian Jones? Linebacker from Florida State, looking like he'd be a mid third rounder.
I really like him and he would be a nice add with Bowman injured and not ready until mid season.
Molecular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
Molecular wrote:
I really like him and he would be a nice add with Bowman injured and not ready until mid season.
Exactly my thought process, I love his motor and the way he chases down the ball.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molecular wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
Molecular wrote:
Exactly my thought process, I love his motor and the way he chases down the ball.

We had the discussion of taking an ILB in the 3rd rd earlier in the case of Smallwood; doesn't seem like a lot of people are in favor of drafting one that high with Wilhoite playing well last year and likely being retained, and having Moody ready and available for the entire year. Skuta also has the versatility to move inside. I don’t hate the idea, but at the same time, if I had a preference, I like the idea of drafting another rush olb and moving Skuta inside then I do straight up taking an ILB.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Molecular wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
Molecular wrote:

We had the discussion of taking an ILB in the 3rd rd earlier in the case of Smallwood; doesn't seem like a lot of people are in favor of drafting one that high with Wilhoite playing well last year and likely being retained, and having Moody ready and available for the entire year. Skuta also has the versatility to move inside. I don’t hate the idea, but at the same time, if I had a preference, I like the idea of drafting another rush olb and moving Skuta inside then I do straight up taking an ILB.

Just an idea but what if we moved brooks to the MLB and started Corey OLB? probably won't work but just wanted to throw it out there..

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:
Molecular wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:
Molecular wrote:

Just an idea but what if we moved brooks to the MLB and started Corey OLB? probably won't work but just wanted to throw it out there..

Without calling it a "move" to ILB, we should experiment with different fronts, where Brooks would have ILB-like responsibilities. He's one of our more cerebral defenders, I'm sure he would be able to process the extra workload. Plus he has experience inside, and would have the opportunity to blitz from a different angle (which, incidentally, is one of Bowman's biggest quality, and something that will be missed). So yeah, I'd like to see Wilhoite and Lemonier rotate a little, and have Brooks slide over. Not to the point of "moving" Brooks inside more permanently. Just in certain packages.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 2m
Marqueston Huff a safety/CB from Wyoming in the Eric Berry mold met with the 49ers at the combine.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 23m
Ahmad Dixon said that he had a formal meeting scheduled with the 49ers this past Monday.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 51m
On Sunday I spoke to Jaylen Watkins, CB from Florida that I really like said he had meeting scheduled with 49ers this past Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
Hey, I did call out Taylor Mays as a bust!!!

What do you mean, a bust? He had that amazing TD where he tiptoed in the endzone on a blocked punt, or something.

then he taught all of us how to dougie..

If that's not worth a second rounder, I don't know what is...

After that every body dougied I mean every body

LANiner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Quote:
TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 2m
Marqueston Huff a safety/CB from Wyoming in the Eric Berry mold met with the 49ers at the combine.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 23m
Ahmad Dixon said that he had a formal meeting scheduled with the 49ers this past Monday.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_BSN 51m
On Sunday I spoke to Jaylen Watkins, CB from Florida that I really like said he had meeting scheduled with 49ers this past Monday.

Really like Dixon and jaylwne Watkins. But after the combine I have a new cb draft crush

rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

What do you mean, a bust? He had that amazing TD where he tiptoed in the endzone on a blocked punt, or something.

The fact we only got a 7th for that move-busting touchdown machine really makes me wonder why we held on to Baalke... it was only beginning, but it was the beginning of the end.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

The fact we only got a 7th for that move-busting touchdown machine really makes me wonder why we held on to Baalke... it was only beginning, but it was the beginning of the end.

Apparently it was between him and Jimmy Clausen, so.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to us not selecting Jimmy Clausen... really did not want.

A Chiefs guy posted this in the NFL Draft section here. Good and detailed report on Phillip Gaines... may be a little harsh or nit-picky on some things.. but overall solid. I know that Gaines may not be an ideal fit in our scheme... but I always wanted that scheme to be more aggressive.. and still think he isn't a square peg/round hole prospect for us. As expected, he is now moving on up the draft boards into the rd 2-3 discussion. I am still fine if we choose to select more of a quality NCB in the early rounds... seeing as we have the outside corners already, but nothing proven at NCB. (thinking guys like Verrett, EJ Gaines, Hampton)

Quote:
Draft Projection
Phillip Gaines has shown he has a tremendous amount of ability and still has potential to be a terrific cover corner in the NFL. With better ball skills, he has the upside to be one of the best in the league. Still, his tackling and run support needs to improve to be a well-rounded player. Gaines warrants a top 100 pick, but a pure man team could take him in the second round, provided his injury history is not believed to be a lingering issue.
Some of the film used in this scouting breakdown was provided by the good folks at draftbreakdown.com

http://withthefirstpick.com/2014/03/03/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report-phillip-gaines-cb-rice/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

___
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Q safely back in the fold for 2 years, I don't know that a first round guy is a definite need at wide receiver for us now. I'd love to target corner/safety in the first, and really target Adams in the second. He's raw, but he has a very good ceiling in my opinion. He would do very well to learn from Boldin. This gives him a year to be a wide receiver 4, learn the ins and outs of true route running, and then stepping into a more pronounced role (possibly a starter if Crabs doesn't resign) the following year.

Out of all the receivers who look to be mid/late round second round picks, he's my favorite, though Moncrrief certainly has a very high ceiling as well. Robinson seems more of a possession guy and will be good at moving the chains and exploiting weaknesses in zone coverage, but I want a guy who has the potential to be a more complete guy.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
With Q safely back in the fold for 2 years, I don't know that a first round guy is a definite need at wide receiver for us now. I'd love to target corner/safety in the first, and really target Adams in the second. He's raw, but he has a very good ceiling in my opinion. He would do very well to learn from Boldin. This gives him a year to be a wide receiver 4, learn the ins and outs of true route running, and then stepping into a more pronounced role (possibly a starter if Crabs doesn't resign) the following year.

Out of all the receivers who look to be mid/late round second round picks, he's my favorite, though Moncrrief certainly has a very high ceiling as well. Robinson seems more of a possession guy and will be good at moving the chains and exploiting weaknesses in zone coverage, but I want a guy who has the potential to be a more complete guy.

its not really a need at all. with how we treat rookies, hes probably number 4 his entire rookie season.

and since we draft what seems to be strictly need first round.
looks like were gong safety in the first round.
and if we resign whitner than corner

once fa settles down, then we can pinpoint positions better. then specify those by arm length, athleticism, and then tape too

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 NFL Draft Top 32 Big Board: Jimmie Ward Rising

http://nflmocks.com/2014/03/04/2014-nfl-draft-top-32-big-board-jimmie-ward-rising/

Quote:
25. Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
Rangy safety who can make plays everywhere, can line up as nickel CB, and do everything. Love his skill set.

___

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 62 of 102

Jump to: