Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A slightly Different Forum Mock - Pick 6!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg robinson. he's the next Walter jones

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Looks like I've really made my impression on the Falcons forum with all the votes for Donald. Laughing

I believe I was the one that first suggested Donald would be a great fit for this team.
Haha, definitely not. Someone posted a thread about him in October and you said he was way too undersized for the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Looks like I've really made my impression on the Falcons forum with all the votes for Donald. Laughing

I believe I was the one that first suggested Donald would be a great fit for this team.
Haha, definitely not. Someone posted a thread about him in October and you said he was way too undersized for the NFL.

and I thought he was at the time. There were tons of question marks about his game and size then. Whether he would be 6 feet tall, if he was 280+, and if his arms were a good length.

I went through that thread, and you said nothing about liking him. In fact, once that thread died in October, it wasnt until January 20th of this year when his name was mentioned by me in the draft thread stating that he will shoot up my draft board because of his weigh ins at the Senior Bowl.

#JDI
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Robinson
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

and I thought he was at the time. There were tons of question marks about his game and size then. Whether he would be 6 feet tall, if he was 280+, and if his arms were a good length.

I went through that thread, and you said nothing about liking him. In fact, once that thread died in October, it wasnt until January 20th of this year when his name was mentioned by me in the draft thread stating that he will shoot up my draft board because of his weigh ins at the Senior Bowl.
I didn't know enough about him to comment on him back then, but then again I'm not claiming "I was the one that first suggested Donald would be a great fit for this team" like you are. Regardless, even if you were (which is factually wrong), it's irrelevant. If it was relevant, you could say rednblackblood1 has made a bigger impression on the Falcons forum when it comes to Donald than the both of us. False claims and no relevance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson or Donald i'll take either one. Matthews is a last resort for me.

My top 4 guys i want are Mack, Clowney, Robinson, and Donald.

So im happy with any of them.

I guess if i had to take one of the 2 im going donald. Just something about that kid i like. Next Rod Coleman for the Falcons Very Happy
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

I guess if i had to take one of the 2 im going donald. Just something about that kid i like. Next Rod Coleman for the Falcons Very Happy

Why dont you like Matthews? Keep in my that "because he cant play guard" is not a reasonable answer. TD has already said baker can play both tackle spots.
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
with no trades, Robinson is the only option here. He can play guard for a year or two until Baker is gone, or until we give up on the Holmes experiment. I dont think Matthews would make a good guard.

Holmes was benched midseason last year until injuries forced him to start. We clearly arent that attached to him, Matthews is the clear answer to me.
Agreed. Either he or Robinson..
atown_falcon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Robinson at 6...i like Donald but not that high.

Props to Arem20 4 da sig!
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Why dont you like Matthews? Keep in my that "because he cant play guard" is not a reasonable answer. TD has already said baker can play both tackle spots.

I never said i didn't like Matthews. I have said on a number of occasions that i would take Matthews at 6 if Clowney, Mack, Robinson, and Donald are gone. Those are the only guys in this entire draft i would take over Matthews. So who told you i didn't like Matthews?

I have said on numerous occasions also that i think he is a bit soft at the point of attack at times and plays with alot more technique and finesse. Which to me translates to a better Lt prospect than a RT prospect. I know he has played RT for quite a few years now but even then i think he was a better LT than a RT when given the chance.

If im drafting a OT in the 1st round and im knowing Baker is my LT for atleast the next few years then im taking a guy who can play either Rt or RG right now who i think translates at those positions better which is Robinson who i also think has a much higher ceiling of the 2.

The 3 defensive players are self exlanatory i think we need tons of help along the d-line as i think their is an extreme lack of talent there and lack of bodies at DT. I personally like Donald alot and think DT needs a good player there more than RT does right now as Holmes > travian if we are comparing the 2 spots right now Smile

DE/LB is just the highest priority to me and Clowney and Mack are amazing talents so i want one of them 1st.

But again if we can't get Clowney, Mack, Robinson, or Donald then give me Matthews all day long he is still a top 5 talent player and a pretty good LT in the future i think. Maybe not a pro bowler but a pretty solid one none the less.

also i don't care what TD said about Baker playing both Tackle spots we have seen him play RT and by god he was straight terrible. We all saw it and he equally as bad at OG. Baker is a finesse technician as well like Matthews they are fit to be LT guys at the next level. Although i think Matthews is better than Baker at the Rt position thats without a doubt. Baker was just straight trash.

If we took Matthews i would put him at RT without even thinking twice about it until Baker leaves or plays out his contract.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

For the record, I agree about Matthews, but TD sort of said the opposite. The rest of it was just Vaughn Mcclure spitballing

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/54383/could-sam-bakers-future-be-at-right-tackle

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

I never said i didn't like Matthews. I have said on a number of occasions that i would take Matthews at 6 if Clowney, Mack, Robinson, and Donald are gone. Those are the only guys in this entire draft i would take over Matthews. So who told you i didn't like Matthews?

I have said on numerous occasions also that i think he is a bit soft at the point of attack at times and plays with alot more technique and finesse. Which to me translates to a better Lt prospect than a RT prospect. I know he has played RT for quite a few years now but even then i think he was a better LT than a RT when given the chance.

If im drafting a OT in the 1st round and im knowing Baker is my LT for atleast the next few years then im taking a guy who can play either Rt or RG right now who i think translates at those positions better which is Robinson who i also think has a much higher ceiling of the 2.

The 3 defensive players are self exlanatory i think we need tons of help along the d-line as i think their is an extreme lack of talent there and lack of bodies at DT. I personally like Donald alot and think DT needs a good player there more than RT does right now as Holmes > travian if we are comparing the 2 spots right now Smile

DE/LB is just the highest priority to me and Clowney and Mack are amazing talents so i want one of them 1st.

But again if we can't get Clowney, Mack, Robinson, or Donald then give me Matthews all day long he is still a top 5 talent player and a pretty good LT in the future i think. Maybe not a pro bowler but a pretty solid one none the less.

also i don't care what TD said about Baker playing both Tackle spots we have seen him play RT and by god he was straight terrible. We all saw it and he equally as bad at OG. Baker is a finesse technician as well like Matthews they are fit to be LT guys at the next level. Although i think Matthews is better than Baker at the Rt position thats without a doubt. Baker was just straight trash.

If we took Matthews i would put him at RT without even thinking twice about it until Baker leaves or plays out his contract.

This is almost like the Mack Is a better coverage guy so I want him ver clowney logic. It just doesn't make much sense to me comparing Matthews vs Robinson. Ignoring that we haven't seen baker player rt for any extended period of time, you don't want to draft him because his best spot is lt. I'd be fine with both, but there's no question Matthews is a more refined lt right now vs Robinson. Your reasoning just doesn't make sense.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said he wasn't better at LT than Robinson right now. that is actually true which i did agree that he is a very good LT prospect.

We have no need for a LT right now with Baker there on his brand new contract. So i would rather take a better RT prospect to play either RT or RG depends on who we get in FA is where he would go i guess which would be robinson how is that hard to understand?

You can't deny that overall Robinson has more upside as a Ot in general LT or RT if given the time to learn under a good line coach which you may think tice is or isn't i have no clue what you think on him.

Taking Robinson who is a better Ot prospect in the long run of the 2 and putting him at RT for the next few years while he is coached up makes more sense to me. He is allowed to play a more needed position at a higher level that he fits best right now while we coach him to his full potential which could then be an all pro LT if you so choose to move him there later after Bakers time here ends.

What i would like to know is why are you not asking everyone else in this forum why they all want robinson over Matthews which it seems the majority on here do looking at all the robinson picks in this thread. It's not just me we all see the same thing Smile It seems their are only 2 or 3 of you who want Matthews more than robinson.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I didn't know enough about him to comment on him back then, but then again I'm not claiming "I was the one that first suggested Donald would be a great fit for this team" like you are. Regardless, even if you were (which is factually wrong), it's irrelevant. If it was relevant, you could say rednblackblood1 has made a bigger impression on the Falcons forum when it comes to Donald than the both of us. False claims and no relevance.

I have caught alot of flack for my man crush on Mack and Donald as well Very Happy Almost had my FSU fan card taken away from me when i said he was better than Jernigan it felt like lol. Even more so when i was calling for him at 6 people blasted me for it and still do at times Razz but i'll hold my ground and continue to beat his drum until he busts and proves me wrong like Peria Jerry did. I'll take claim on wanting him badly and getting my wish and it failing. But by god i'll hold my Jamaal Anderson is a 5th rounder at best card till the day i die during that draft. I hated him so much coming out he was so lanky and slow off the edge. My guys were Calvin, Willis, AP, and Nelson. Mostly because they all hit our needs and i thought they looked solid. Wasn't a huge fan of Landry thought he was ok coming out but Nelson was my dude there he sorta backfired as well Very Happy
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Robinson.

Thanks for picking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: