Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Combine thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
JWingate wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:
HaHa is more of a run support safety than real center fielder if I'm not mistaken. He'd be another Church, we need more of a playmaking center fielder.

You are wrong sir. HaHa is a true playmaking centerfield type free safety. He would compliment Church very well.

I disagree he is a center fielder. I have watched a good amount of film on him and the problem I have is he struggles to get there to make a play. The true center fielders get there to make the play not just the area to almost make the play.

I've watched a fair amount of film as well, and most Bama games in general, and he is not the center-fielder I once thought he was - definitely no Earl Thomas. But I still personally think he will be noticeably better in that area than Pryor. I've watched quite a bit of him too, and I just don't see what everyone else sees. He is NOT a center-fielder! He's a decent all around safety, but no where close to an Earl Thomas (quite honestly, he's one of my biggest BUST targets). One or two great plays by him does not make him a true FS. Unfortunately, that's the trouble with this draft. There is NO Thomas-like safety, imo.

What about Jimmie Ward?

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
JWingate wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:
HaHa is more of a run support safety than real center fielder if I'm not mistaken. He'd be another Church, we need more of a playmaking center fielder.

You are wrong sir. HaHa is a true playmaking centerfield type free safety. He would compliment Church very well.

I disagree he is a center fielder. I have watched a good amount of film on him and the problem I have is he struggles to get there to make a play. The true center fielders get there to make the play not just the area to almost make the play.

I've watched a fair amount of film as well, and most Bama games in general, and he is not the center-fielder I once thought he was - definitely no Earl Thomas. But I still personally think he will be noticeably better in that area than Pryor. I've watched quite a bit of him too, and I just don't see what everyone else sees. He is NOT a center-fielder! He's a decent all around safety, but no where close to an Earl Thomas (quite honestly, he's one of my biggest BUST targets). One or two great plays by him does not make him a true FS. Unfortunately, that's the trouble with this draft. There is NO Thomas-like safety, imo.

Well if you're gona compare him to Earl Thomas then of course he is goin to look bad. Nobody in this league has the range that Earl Thomas does. But comparing HaHa to Pryor I do believe HaHa has the better ball skills. I agree that this is a very weak safety class. I'd rather sign Delmas in free agency and be a stop gap until the team drafts someone. Cuz one thing I know Heath is bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DallasPride28 wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:

Really? I thought the opposite. I felt at least from what I read he could excel at being the center fielder we have been lacking since Woodson. Even being viewed by "some teams" as having potiential as a cornerback. Calvin Pryor being the typical in the box safety.

FYI...Woodson wasn't a center fielder safety type. He was a box safety who covered slot receivers. That unique ability along with his unmatched tackling is what made him so special.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
JWingate wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:

Well if you're gona compare him to Earl Thomas then of course he is goin to look bad. Nobody in this league has the range that Earl Thomas does. But comparing HaHa to Pryor I do believe HaHa has the better ball skills. I agree that this is a very weak safety class. I'd rather sign Delmas in free agency and be a stop gap until the team drafts someone. Cuz one thing I know Heath is bad.

I disagree that Clinton-Dix has better ball skills than Pryor. I believe Pryor displayed over his career to have better skills than Clinton-Dix. He also is always in the area when a big play happens whether it is an interception or a fumble; I love seeing that out of a prospect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
Baixis wrote:
JWingate wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:

I disagree that Clinton-Dix has better ball skills than Pryor. I believe Pryor displayed over his career to have better skills than Clinton-Dix. He also is always in the area when a big play happens whether it is an interception or a fumble; I love seeing that out of a prospect.

I'd still take Ha Ha over Pryor any day, and I would take Ward over both! At the spot he will most likely get drafted, I would also rather have Brooks. Get him much later that Ha Ha or Pryor, and let him and Wilcox battle it out - or split time according to the defense being played each play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: