Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ware Released?!?!?! Fisher denies report
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, I hope no one wants him and we can sign him for cheap. He is my all time favorite player.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
If this is true, I hope no one wants him and we can sign him for cheap. He is my all time favorite player.

Oakland would snag him instantly. Lots of caps space and we have a number of former Cowboys there.
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to put up or shut up!!!

Words spoken by Mr. Ware himself last offseason when Romo got paid. He put up, unlike you, now it's time for you Mr. Ware to shut up and take a paycut or get released.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ware will always be loved by Cowboy Nation but I personally feel that if we can't restructure then we need to cut ties. He's just injury rittled and on the backside of his career. He only has 9 seasons in the league but his play suggests he's been doing battle for 15 seasons. He can't stay on the field and he just hasn't been able to create pressure on most plays. You think it would be the opposite since he has more opportunities to rush the passer.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:

Words spoken by Mr. Ware himself last offseason when Romo got paid. He put up, unlike you, now it's time for you Mr. Ware to shut up and take a paycut or get released.

He put up for 8 years with double digit sacks while Romo sat for 3 years before he had to produce. It's not that he is old and past his prime its more that he fits more in a 3-4 scheme. How are some of you going to feel if he goes to a 3-4 team, and puts up 10-12 sacks next year for say the Packers or 49ers.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
parker1035

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think this Ware crap is getting out of hand. Everyone is saying since he has been having these nagging injuries the last 2 seasons that he's done for. The other side to this is that he is not a scheme fit for the 4-3. Has anyone even considered that it may take a future HOF maybe a season to adjust like other players? Or possibly the fact that he never had his damn elbow operated on last off-season, but he did this off-season. ONE mediocre season from our best player for the last decade and we all want to cut ties just to get under the cap. Wanting that move to be done is saying we're not going to do anything this season and we might as well cut ties with Romo and Witten. I'm all for moving on with Austin, Hatcher, and Spencer (unless huge dicount), but you just can't demand after one mediocre season, that Ware does not deserve his contract that he has earned for nearly a decade. The Jones' will get us under the cap easily without cutting Ware, so why even discuss cutting our best player if we can get under the cap. Not to mention we would have to replace all four DL positions.
buddy_z34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

He put up for 8 years with double digit sacks while Romo sat for 3 years before he had to produce. It's not that he is old and past his prime its more that he fits more in a 3-4 scheme. How are some of you going to feel if he goes to a 3-4 team, and puts up 10-12 sacks next year for say the Packers or 49ers.

Is that not what the man said though??? I'm just using his own words that he said himself just last year. Or do his words not count against him??

Quote:
"I feel like, you know, everybody is deserving of whatever is given to them," Ware said on Sirius XM. "But at the end of the day, to me, it's put up or shut up. I'm just being straight up honest with you. Get out there and be productive, and that's with any player. Whatever they get, they're deserving of it. You just got to get out there and play.

Get out there and be productive. Last year he wasn't productive. So by his words his standards he doesn't deserve the contract he has going for him right now but yet he doesn't want to take a pay cut. If he goes to a 3-4 team and puts up numbers again then so be it. Last I checked we don't run a 3-4 anymore.

Romo also put up by all these years of great stats he puts up year in and year out. Has almost all the Cowboys passing records. So yea he might have sat for 3 years but the man also put up, let's not kid yourself on that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

Is that not what the man said though??? I'm just using his own words that he said himself just last year. Or do his words not count against him??

Quote:
"I feel like, you know, everybody is deserving of whatever is given to them," Ware said on Sirius XM. "But at the end of the day, to me, it's put up or shut up. I'm just being straight up honest with you. Get out there and be productive, and that's with any player. Whatever they get, they're deserving of it. You just got to get out there and play.

Get out there and be productive. Last year he wasn't productive. So by his words his standards he doesn't deserve the contract he has going for him right now but yet he doesn't want to take a pay cut. If he goes to a 3-4 team and puts up numbers again then so be it. Last I checked we don't run a 3-4 anymore.

Romo also put up by all these years of great stats he puts up year in and year out. Has almost all the Cowboys passing records. So yea he might have sat for 3 years but the man also put up, let's not kid yourself on that.

Like I said he put up for 8 years, and the QB has a lot more influence on the game than an OLB/DE. Ware earned his contract over the years, but would rather keep him at 8-9 million a year rather than just cutting bait. Romo's records mean squat as Aikman and Staubach were in run first offenses so they didn't put up gaudy numbers, and plus since the NFL is a pass happy league stats are going to become significant when it relates to a QB greatnes. Would you rather have a QB that delivers 1 or 2 SB or one that is all time passing leader in the NFL or for you particular team.

buddy_z34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parker1035 wrote:
I really think this Ware crap is getting out of hand. Everyone is saying since he has been having these nagging injuries the last 2 seasons that he's done for. The other side to this is that he is not a scheme fit for the 4-3. Has anyone even considered that it may take a future HOF maybe a season to adjust like other players? Or possibly the fact that he never had his damn elbow operated on last off-season, but he did this off-season. ONE mediocre season from our best player for the last decade and we all want to cut ties just to get under the cap. Wanting that move to be done is saying we're not going to do anything this season and we might as well cut ties with Romo and Witten. I'm all for moving on with Austin, Hatcher, and Spencer (unless huge dicount), but you just can't demand after one mediocre season, that Ware does not deserve his contract that he has earned for nearly a decade. The Jones' will get us under the cap easily without cutting Ware, so why even discuss cutting our best player if we can get under the cap. Not to mention we would have to replace all four DL positions.

His tackles have gone down the last 4 years. His sacks have gone down the last 3 years. He is having more nagging injuries as he is getting older. If you have been watching the last few seasons he isn't the same player as he once was before. Teams are starting to block him one on one with their tackles. Hell the team has had to start moving him around just to get pressure on the QB and that isn't even working. What more do you need to see that the guy is on the down with his NFL career.

The people on this forum who want him cut or traded are looking at this as a business move. A move that will stop the team from having to cut players and restructure contracts every offseason just to get under the cap. Why pay a DE 17 million a year when he is being blocked one on one by the opposing teams?? The team picked up Selvie off the streets for a tiny fraction of what they are paying Ware and he outperformed Ware!! He didn't need time to adjust to the scheme. Neither did Hatcher who guess what was playing in the same 3-4 that Ware was playing in last year.

The guy is on the decline and it's a smart business move that will set up this team in the future. Sure the Jones' will get the team under the cap and probably won't have to mess with Ware this year. But I can assure you if he doesn't put up this coming up year he has a good chance at getting traded or cut the next offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
buddy_z34 wrote:

Quote:

Like I said he put up for 8 years, and the QB has a lot more influence on the game than an OLB/DE. Ware earned his contract over the years, but would rather keep him at 8-9 million a year rather than just cutting bait. Romo's records mean squat as Aikman and Staubach were in run first offenses so they didn't put up gaudy numbers, and plus since the NFL is a pass happy league stats are going to become significant when it relates to a QB greatnes. Would you rather have a QB that delivers 1 or 2 SB or one that is all time passing leader in the NFL or for you particular team.

If the QB has more influence on the team then he should have kept his mouth shut when Romo got paid. But he didn't did he. Karma is a beesh!! If it's a pass happy league then that means the all mighty Ware should be getting more opportunities to sack the QB but yet his numbers keep going down while Romo's keep going up.

Give Romo the defenses that Aikman and Staubach had while playing for the Cowboys and see how many SB's he wins. But that topic is neither here or there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
parker1035 wrote:

His tackles have gone down the last 4 years. His sacks have gone down the last 3 years. He is having more nagging injuries as he is getting older. If you have been watching the last few seasons he isn't the same player as he once was before. Teams are starting to block him one on one with their tackles. Hell the team has had to start moving him around just to get pressure on the QB and that isn't even working. What more do you need to see that the guy is on the down with his NFL career.

The people on this forum who want him cut or traded are looking at this as a business move. A move that will stop the team from having to cut players and restructure contracts every offseason just to get under the cap. Why pay a DE 17 million a year when he is being blocked one on one by the opposing teams?? The team picked up Selvie off the streets for a tiny fraction of what they are paying Ware and he outperformed Ware!! He didn't need time to adjust to the scheme. Neither did Hatcher who guess what was playing in the same 3-4 that Ware was playing in last year.

The guy is on the decline and it's a smart business move that will set up this team in the future. Sure the Jones' will get the team under the cap and probably won't have to mess with Ware this year. But I can assure you if he doesn't put up this coming up year he has a good chance at getting traded or cut the next offseason.

If you would have read my original post I pointed out that I understand that he has to take a pay cut, and that his decline relates more to switching from 3-4 to 4-3. Sturm had a segment on this on Monday saying that Elite pass rushers don't start to decline if we can use past history until about 34 or 35. You can look at Bruce Smith, Reggie White who didn't start to decline until after 35. He is an OLB, not a DE as they take more of a beating in the 4-3. And switching to a 4-3 maybe wasn't the best thing to do when your best player is an OLB in his 30's.

buddy_z34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ that's the thing though. He doesn't want to take a paycut. So what else is the team suppose to do?? Restructure his contract and go through this again next year??

And I know Ware is a HoF caliber player but you're comparing him to 2 of the greatest DE's that ever played the game. Plus you have to realize the players body will breakdown at a much faster rate nowadays considering how much bigger, stronger and faster the players are compared to just 10-15 years ago.

Do I wish Ware would take a slight pay cut and put some incentives in his contract where he can make up any difference if he outperforms his cut in pay, yes. But he has stated he won't. And that puts the team in a bad situation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Romo laid the poop last season like, I don't know, 29 INTs like Eli all of us would be calling for his head. Ware was not really productive last year, his lack of practice because of injuries he refused to deal with proper surgery have hurt the team for the last two years. That elbow as I recall could have been taken care of after the 2012 season, but no, he waited until this time to do so. Because of his lack of QB pressure and sacks the secondary got exposed time and time again. Mo Claiborne, who was really good in college, is now being labeled a bust. Brandon Carr lost his mojo and was burned time and time again.

Dude should just take a paycut because restructuring his contract will only hurt the future cap. Or is it really possible to cancel his old contract and do a new one? What are the cap implications?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: