Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

post combine mock (5 Rds)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Holmes at times, heck - the majority of the time, has been awful at both left and right tackle. What makes you think better interior play will make him better? Its very rare you see interior OL play mask poor blocking outside.

it was his first year. u have to give him more time. we all knew he was raw coming out. we can atleast give him 1 more year.

As a developmental guy, sure. Cant let him go in without competition though. Ryan will get absolutely destroyed. Mike Johnson could play RT, but then you are just handing the RG spot to Jackson.

so what exactly are u suggesting we do?

I understand what you said, and i dont mean to change topics with your draft, but we have to either address OL earlier in the draft or pick up another FA. Gabe Jackson is ok, but hes not really a guy you think of as an instant above average starter, although i think he will be at some point.

in a perfect world we'd be able to upgrade the 4 weak parts of our line. but as of right now we are stuck with some of them and have to use them for atleast right now.

and if u think Gabe Jackson is just ok then to fix our OL we'd have to have 4-5 first round picks lol Jackson is a mauler and exactly what we need for our run game. only G that would be considered "elite" would be Robinson and im not willing to pass on Clowney for him.

and u know our F/O...we dont sign alot of FAs.

only other possibility i can really think of for this mock would be sign maybe a Willie Colon in FA and drafting a Richardson/Bitonio in the 2nd. and drafting Easley/Jones in the 3rd.

Johnson/Colon battle at RG
Richardson or Bitonio/Holmes battle at RT.

but thats alot of FAs and i dont see that happening.

We normally do sign a good amount of FA's. I really dont care baout the run game, I care about keeping our best chance of winning healthy and in position to produce the best results. What i said was Jackson see Jackson as just being ok in his early time in the league. Its a undeniable ?. Then youre hoping all these injuries and time off hasnt effected Johnson or Holmes develops, we saw what happened last year and justr doesnt seem like enough to fix things. Theres plenty of options. Richardson or Moses in the 2nd, Yankey in the 2nd maybe, Thomas or Cyril. Henderson in the 3rd-4thish.

Henderson? the biggest raw project in this draft? lol or Cyril Richardson, the one that Donald abused at the senior bowl? lol both of them are bigger question marks than Holmes and Jackson. Yankey would be great in the 2nd. jus dont see him being there. and the guy im REALLY high on is Zack Martin. he would be IMO the 2nd best G in this draft behind Robinson but i dont see him being available in the 2nd either.

and what do u mean u dont care bout our run game? lol im done talkin to u now Think

I dont care about Donald "abusing" a guy for 10 reps across a couple days. I care that hes a good player. And isnt Henderson a lot like Holmes was except with a lot more natural talent and playing against elite competition. Holmes has prove to be pretty awful so far, how is he not a bigger question mark?

Latly, no I dont care about the run game. Its a passing league. In 2012, we had a 3.7 ypc and reached the nfc championship. In 2013 we had a 3. ypc and are picking 6th. We could protect tthe QB at least decently in 2012, we were pathetic in 2013. We haven't crossed 4.0 ypc in 4 years, we've been plenty successful.

AGAIN Holmes only had 1 season to start. if thats the way u wanna do things then Roddy should of been gone after his first year lol u gotta get real on this. he deserves atleast 1 more year and if he doesnt pan out, then we can go into 2015 looking for a RT which shouldnt be too hard to find.

u are also forgetting that Mike Johnson was suppose to be our starter last year. so there will be competition at the RT spot with Holmes and Johnson.

I agree with you, and as for not needing a run game as some poster thinks try asking Peyton Manning how he felt a lack of run game in the Superbowl helped him? Most of the dominant teams had a run game last year. Even the best QB in Aaron Rodgers switched to a run game. If we can't become more balanced we will never be champions. But you know how "smart" some folks think they are even though they lack the resume.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Holmes at times, heck - the majority of the time, has been awful at both left and right tackle. What makes you think better interior play will make him better? Its very rare you see interior OL play mask poor blocking outside.

it was his first year. u have to give him more time. we all knew he was raw coming out. we can atleast give him 1 more year.

As a developmental guy, sure. Cant let him go in without competition though. Ryan will get absolutely destroyed. Mike Johnson could play RT, but then you are just handing the RG spot to Jackson.

I understand what you said, and i dont mean to change topics with your draft, but we have to either address OL earlier in the draft or pick up another FA. Gabe Jackson is ok, but hes not really a guy you think of as an instant above average starter, although i think he will be at some point.

in a perfect world we'd be able to upgrade the 4 weak parts of our line. but as of right now we are stuck with some of them and have to use them for atleast right now.

and if u think Gabe Jackson is just ok then to fix our OL we'd have to have 4-5 first round picks lol Jackson is a mauler and exactly what we need for our run game. only G that would be considered "elite" would be Robinson and im not willing to pass on Clowney for him.

only other possibility i can really think of for this mock would be sign maybe a Willie Colon in FA and drafting a Richardson/Bitonio in the 2nd. and drafting Easley/Jones in the 3rd.

We normally do sign a good amount of FA's. I really dont care baout the run game, I care about keeping our best chance of winning healthy and in position to produce the best results. What i said was Jackson see Jackson as just being ok in his early time in the league. Its a undeniable ?. Then youre hoping all these injuries and time off hasnt effected Johnson or Holmes develops, we saw what happened last year and justr doesnt seem like enough to fix things. Theres plenty of options. Richardson or Moses in the 2nd, Yankey in the 2nd maybe, Thomas or Cyril. Henderson in the 3rd-4thish.

Henderson? the biggest raw project in this draft? lol or Cyril Richardson, the one that Donald abused at the senior bowl? lol both of them are bigger question marks than Holmes and Jackson. Yankey would be great in the 2nd. jus dont see him being there. and the guy im REALLY high on is Zack Martin. he would be IMO the 2nd best G in this draft behind Robinson but i dont see him being available in the 2nd either.

and what do u mean u dont care bout our run game? lol im done talkin to u now Think

I dont care about Donald "abusing" a guy for 10 reps across a couple days. I care that hes a good player. And isnt Henderson a lot like Holmes was except with a lot more natural talent and playing against elite competition. Holmes has prove to be pretty awful so far, how is he not a bigger question mark?

Latly, no I dont care about the run game. Its a passing league. In 2012, we had a 3.7 ypc and reached the nfc championship. In 2013 we had a 3. ypc and are picking 6th. We could protect tthe QB at least decently in 2012, we were pathetic in 2013. We haven't crossed 4.0 ypc in 4 years, we've been plenty successful.

AGAIN Holmes only had 1 season to start. if thats the way u wanna do things then Roddy should of been gone after his first year lol u gotta get real on this. he deserves atleast 1 more year and if he doesnt pan out, then we can go into 2015 looking for a RT which shouldnt be too hard to find.

u are also forgetting that Mike Johnson was suppose to be our starter last year. so there will be competition at the RT spot with Holmes and Johnson.

Roddy White wasnt protecting our $120 million , was he? Which is clearly what I said I care about. ROddy also was not a full time starter, in fact he only started a handful of games. I never said cut Holmes either, in fact I said he should be kept on as a developmental player, you know, kinda like with Roddy. I also addressed Mike Johnson youre either handing Holmes a starting job or Jackson. Neither deserve that.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Roddy White wasnt protecting our $120 million , was he? Which is clearly what I said I care about. ROddy also was not a full time starter, in fact he only started a handful of games. I never said cut Holmes either, in fact I said he should be kept on as a developmental player, you know, kinda like with Roddy. I also addressed Mike Johnson youre either handing Holmes a starting job or Jackson. Neither deserve that.

seriously? lol im done talking with u.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

That happens when you run out of outs.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Do you think Clowney is going to fall to 6?

It's not impossible.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

sure. if thats what helps u sleep at night guy! lol smh
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Ok. With out addressing any point since your done, what did i reply with that was so outrageous. lol, smh, wink wink, whatever other thing people put on here.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

yeah i believe that he can. jus depends on how much the teams like the QBs and how much Oakland likes Watkins.

Hou - Bortles/Bridgewater
Stl - Robinson/Matthews
Jax - Bortles/Bridgewater
Cle - Manziel/Watkins(MAYBE)
Oak - Watkins
Atl - Clowney

i give it a chance, but not very likely lol
birdman70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

It's not impossible.

Only highly improbable. Doesn't seem very realistic to me, but it's not like I've never been wrong. This time, I'm hoping I'm wrong.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Ok. With out addressing any point since your done, what did i reply with that was so outrageous. lol, smh, wink wink, whatever other thing people put on here.

ur entire argument lol its ridiculous. u dont like the "project" of Holmes being our RT, yet u bring up Henderson, who is a "project". atleast Holmes already has a year under his belt right now. i also have us picking up Jackson, yet u arent ready to give him the starting spot. if Jackson cant start right away in ur opinion, then none of the Gs in the draft can lol

tell me what u would like for us to do with our FS, DT x2, DE, TE, C, RG and RT spots.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

ur entire argument lol its ridiculous. u dont like the "project" of Holmes being our RT, yet u bring up Henderson, who is a "project". atleast Holmes already has a year under his belt right now. i also have us picking up Jackson, yet u arent ready to give him the starting spot. if Jackson cant start right away in ur opinion, then none of the Gs in the draft can lol

tell me what u would like for us to do with our FS, DT x2, DE, TE, C, RG and RT spots.

Not really going to address your 1st paragraph since you said you were done. Almost none of it has anything to do with the post you replied to with seriously though. As i said, seems like a cop out.

I already put a mock draft out there, but i would resign Hawley, sign a top or tackle/guard and draft the same, at least one of them. Creates more depth and competition. Both sides have already commented on wanting to be back, so letting Babs walk seens a little puzzling. Dont really think we need a TE, at least not early, HD can take a lot of the looks Gonzo had. And then some combination on drafting and signing S, DE, DT. We're freeing up all this cap that has to be spent, literally. Its very obvious we plan on bringing several FA's.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Not really going to address your 1st paragraph since you said you were done. Almost none of it has anything to do with the post you replied to with seriously though. As i said, seems like a cop out.

I already put a mock draft out there, but i would resign Hawley, sign a top or tackle/guard and draft the same, at least one of them. Creates more depth and competition. Both sides have already commented on wanting to be back, so letting Babs walk seens a little puzzling. Dont really think we need a TE, at least not early, HD can take a lot of the looks Gonzo had. And then some combination on drafting and signing S, DE, DT. We're freeing up all this cap that has to be spent, literally. Its very obvious we plan on bringing several FA's.

exactly why i said i was done lol
Lentz33

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
swoosh wrote:

yeah i believe that he can. jus depends on how much the teams like the QBs and how much Oakland likes Watkins.

Hou - Bortles/Bridgewater
Stl - Robinson/Matthews
Jax - Bortles/Bridgewater
Cle - Manziel/Watkins(MAYBE)
Oak - Watkins
Atl - Clowney

i give it a chance, but not very likely lol

If Cleveland goes Watkins Oakland would almost certainly go Manziel. Bt god knows what Oakland is going to do.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, although getting a chance to sign Mack is highly unlikely as Cleveland has expressed he's their top priority.

I also agree with the idea that we need to add some sort of competition at RT.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: