Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade up for Donald?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We are at a point where we need all the draft picks that we can get. We are more then 1 or 2 players away from being where any of us would like us to be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider a trade up to the low to mid 20's to get him, but I wouldn't give up more than this year's 3rd.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty much with yall on the not 1st next year was just seeing what the opinion on Donald was if we could come out of the draft with clowney or mack + him on the D-line.

Im more in line with the trading down some to get him if possible and grabbing more picks along with it or if he somehow fell to around 25 to 30 maybe going a 2nd + 4th + 3rd next year something along those lines to get it done. But i do agree a 1st was a bit much to move back up just that far.
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.

Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.

How should his size be the least of anyone's concerns? It's a serious detriment , and for every geno Atkins there's 15 no names that either never make it to the league or flake out after a year or two.

6' 285 is big enough to handle business as long as you play with great technique, have alot of strength, good agility, know how to play with leverage, and have great work ethic. Donald has everyone of those things and has proven so on a consistent basis against every team he has went against. Rod Coleman who was 6'2 285 is very similar to the exact same type of player Donald is in size and playing style. Not saying he will be the next Rod Coleman but if anyone has the drive and potential to do it Donald would be one of them.

Don't really understand why im debating this with you if all your worried about is 1 or 2 inches on a player and not his whole body of work and what he has shown on film and on the field.

This^

Optimal scenario would be trade to mid 1st, load up on picks and take Donald (assuming Clowney or Mack is gone )
Agree about Donald. Wtf else does the guy have to do. He won every award for a defensive player. Beasted in the Senior Bowl. And just lit up the combine. TBH, Id take him over Mack if a trade down was possible. Id go Donald in the 1st(trade down somewhere in the teens and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. He's not making it past Dallas).Can grab a guy like Dee Ford in the 2nd and go BPA with the xtra pick. Hell even if we somehow got Clowney, he wont be [inappropriate/removed] if Brees, Newton, etc can just step up into the pocket like always. Donald stops that. Dude is a tackle for loss machine. He lives in the backfield. Reminds me of John Randle. Bring in a BIG NT to put beside him(Joseph, Soliai), resign Peters, draft Justin Ellis in the 4th, and were set up front for the 1st time in a looooooong time...
My board
Robinson
Donald
Mack
Matthews
Clowney is gone btw(I don't really care either)
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.

Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.

How should his size be the least of anyone's concerns? It's a serious detriment , and for every geno Atkins there's 15 no names that either never make it to the league or flake out after a year or two.

6' 285 is big enough to handle business as long as you play with great technique, have alot of strength, good agility, know how to play with leverage, and have great work ethic. Donald has everyone of those things and has proven so on a consistent basis against every team he has went against. Rod Coleman who was 6'2 285 is very similar to the exact same type of player Donald is in size and playing style. Not saying he will be the next Rod Coleman but if anyone has the drive and potential to do it Donald would be one of them.

Don't really understand why im debating this with you if all your worried about is 1 or 2 inches on a player and not his whole body of work and what he has shown on film and on the field.

This^

Optimal scenario would be trade to mid 1st, load up on picks and take Donald (assuming Clowney or Mack is gone )
Agree about Donald. Wtf else does the guy have to do. He won every award for a defensive player. Beasted in the Senior Bowl. And just lit up the combine. TBH, Id take him over Mack if a trade down was possible. Id go Donald in the 1st(trade down somewhere in the teens and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. He's not making it past Dallas).Can grab a guy like Dee Ford in the 2nd and go BPA with the xtra pick. Hell even if we somehow got Clowney, he wont be [inappropriate/removed] if Brees, Newton, etc can just step up into the pocket like always. Donald stops that. Dude is a tackle for loss machine. He lives in the backfield. Reminds me of John Randle. Bring in a BIG NT to put beside him(Joseph, Soliai), resign Peters, draft Justin Ellis in the 4th, and were set up front for the 1st time in a looooooong time...
My board
Robinson
Donald
Mack
Matthews

I wouldn't mind trading down and grabbing Donald or Someone like Lewan. I think Dee Ford has a chance to be one of the best DE's from this draft. He could be had in the 2nd. He has the production along with the technique to get around tackles with his speed rush. He uses his hands quite well also. I think he can be a 4-3 end although he is a little small.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

You can say that about ANY player at ANY position.....
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
No. We are at a point where we need all the draft picks that we can get. We are more then 1 or 2 players away from being where any of us would like us to be.
Exactly..Trade down, or stay put.. Draft is too deep. Glad Piolis in town. No telling what TD's thinking about doing.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

This^

My board
Robinson
Donald
Mack
Matthews

I agree as much as I want Clowney or Mack, if someone was on the phone offering us a 2015 1st, 2014 second and 2015 third or something like that I would take that and run... drop back and take Donald with the first, dee ford or trent murphy with our first second rounder, and the with the extra 2nd grab a nasty guard like Su'a-Filo. Resign Peters and bring in Linval Joseph. Our line would be looking pretty mean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: