Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid combine mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballboss24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Mid combine mock Reply with quote

Major cuts
Sanchez
Holmes
Cromartie

Free agency
Jarius Byrd 4 years 32 million
Josh mccown 2 years 8 million
Antonio cromartie 2 years 8 million
Jason worlids 4 years 23 million
Emanuel sanders 3 years 13 million

Draft
1- Odel beckam jr wr lsu obj I think Watkins lee Ebron and Evans off the board the kid can ball he has big hands ran a great 40... Was a big time player in sec and is a nice home run threat

2- Asj te Washington former basketball player good athlete great size and redzone threat... MAy be a bit of a reach hoping he falls this far

3- Jarvis Landry lsu- think his forty time combined with depth of the class hurts him but might have best hands and would bring much needed toughness to the offense... The way he plays reminds me of boldin

3- dri archer rb kent state- watching his tape e runs like Austin. He is a burner who looks like he got shot out of a cannon prolly 5-10 touches a game but think the way he can break the game open is worth the pick

4-arther lynch te Georgia we have now double dipped at wr and tightend lynch is another big body who can block and catch

My knowledge of prospects falls off after this round but I would like to draft a guard corner and saftey with the remaining picks

Thoughts concerns questions? I know some won't like archer and say we won't be that active in free agency but we have the money and think he was can add two big time players

Last edited by footballboss24 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with this. I like some different players then who you have, but I like the offense being addressed.
footballboss24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I'd be ok with this. I like some different players then who you have, but I like the offense being addressed.

Who would you prefer... I'd love to get a tre mason or seastrunk but don't think either is there with the second 3rd so I went with a home run hitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against it. I love getting OBJ, after today 18 doesn't sem like reaching for him anymore. ASJ in the second is a nice value, I am not a huge fan of his really but I can't argue with getting him there. Getting Landry in the 3rd is huge, I think he plays much faster than his time, and he is a baller. Archer in the 3rd is a reach, I think that is a bit of a reaction to his time, but I wouldn't be too mad.

Also I vote to change the topic name to Mid-Combine mock, as the combine isn't over yet lol.

FA is a bit send heavy and I highly doubt that we get a chance to even talk to Byrd or Worilds as much as I would like to.
footballboss24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I'm not against it. I love getting OBJ, after today 18 doesn't sem like reaching for him anymore. ASJ in the second is a nice value, I am not a huge fan of his really but I can't argue with getting him there. Getting Landry in the 3rd is huge, I think he plays much faster than his time, and he is a baller. Archer in the 3rd is a reach, I think that is a bit of a reaction to his time, but I wouldn't be too mad.

Also I vote to change the topic name to Mid-Combine mock, as the combine isn't over yet lol.

FA is a bit send heavy and I highly doubt that we get a chance to even talk to Byrd or Worilds as much as I would like to.

All that money we gotta spend it on someone... And your wish is my command changed the name haha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

All that money we gotta spend it on someone... And your wish is my command changed the name haha

lol nice. Ya depending on how we structure the contracts it would work, i'd just hate to see us be strapped for cash every year like we were with Mike T.
footballboss24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
footballboss24 wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

lol nice. Ya depending on how we structure the contracts it would work, i'd just hate to see us be strapped for cash every year like we were with Mike T.

Agreed I tried to get two big guys and stop the jets would still have over 20 million in cap in this situation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping at the same positions as you I'd rather the players like this.
1. Jordan Matthews
2. ASJ (I like that pick)
3. Abbrederis or moncreif
3. Seastrunk
4. Joe Don Duncan or CJ Fiedorowitz if there.
Jets913

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to love OBJ in the 1st round, his combine has been very well so far and the dude can straight up ball on the field. If Watkins, Evans and Lee are gone I'd be 100% ok taking him, maybe even over Lee or Evans pending how things go for him further on

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have added Mettenberger and Jeremy hill after. LSU Jets baby!
LiL_Pontoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mid combine mock Reply with quote

I like its, especially the FA's.

The WR class is so deep. So I think it would be smart to wait til round 2. If Ebron is there he's a no brainer.

I think if Aaron Murray is available in round 5 we should snag him. Use this year as a "redshirt". His downside is a solid backup and his upside is solid starter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: