Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

23 known interviews at combine, Colbert on Vince Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 known interviews at combine, and Colbert on Vince Will Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
32houchen32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
Steelers have used 3 of their 60 interviews at least at this point. They are:
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR
2. Donte Moncrief, WR
3. Ka'Deem Carey, RB

Two of them are definitely off the board in R2. Moncrief has a change to greatly improve his draft stock at the Combine. I expect him to have a very good showing.

Benjamin officially came in at 6'5, 240. Will be interesting to see how he runs. He's the same size as Ebron. Little taller, little lighter.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-to-meet-with-mississippi-wr-donte-moncrief-at-combine/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/02/report-steelers-met-with-arizona-rb-kadeem-carey-at-the-combine/

In another interview, Colbert talked about how a fwe guys cycled through that ILB spot, but Williams really 'solidified' it and showed he could handle the communication inside. They look for him to take another stride this year. Not a huge statement, but interesting.

So I guess that means ILB wont be a target early....especially since they are apparently hopeful for Sean Spence playing this year as well...even though I am not.

43, I know this has been talked about numerous times, but what's the negative stuff on spence, besides his knee now. I'm not saying your wrong by any means. Is it because he is unproven and undersized?

Its not secret that I was never a huge fan of the Spence PICK. I am a fan of his....very instinctual player, good read/react guy, solid in coverage....but yes, I think he is undersized for our D. No, size isnt everything (at least thats what keth told me *awkward pause*), but he has a small-ish frame and struggled with leverage in college. Still, as I said, while I didnt like him as a prospect for LeBeau's D, I became a fan as soon as the draft ended.

HOWEVER, my comment was only in reference to his knee and how he is healing. I dont have confidence he will ever be back to what he was. He may be able to play, but I think he will definitely lose a step, and given his skillset and size, he needs that step.

Hope I am dead wrong. Hope he comes out and LeVeon Bell's me. Wink

i scratched my head for a while after the steelers took him. i doubt he is the same player also, but i have a soft spot for him since his injury.

if he does play this season, i see him being more of the 3rd down linebacker, subbing in for williams. if he gets back to form on what could of been, i believe he will compliment Timmons well.
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
In an interview with NFL.com Eric Ebron says "He and Mike Tomlin had a great time like they knew each other for a long time. I felt like he felt me more than anybody."

I can't wipe this smile off my face! Very Happy
So Mike Tomlin knows how to use his hands.He must be all in his players. lol
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelers have talked to or are scheduled to:

ebron
evans
robinson
brooks
gilbert
bailey
pryor
nix
tuitt
haha
gaines
crichton
d. jones NT
hageman

A whole lot of defense.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
steelers have talked to or are scheduled to:

ebron
evans
robinson
brooks
gilbert
bailey
pryor
nix
tuitt
haha
gaines
crichton
d. jones NT
hageman

A whole lot of defense.

I personally would not mind seeing us take a big WR threat in round
1 and primarily focus on D the rest of the way. Double up on safeties, corners, and some d lineman. The D needs an overhaul and this is the draft to do it in.
So much depth!
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying into trading almost to out of the 1st round and get a lot of depth.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: