Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

djw4bucs Perfect Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Murray actually is considered a strong armed qb. I'm not sure where the whole average arm qb is.

Umm...no he's not.

Quote:
Arm strength hovers around adequate, showing average velocity to the intermediate and deep portions of the field. Passes outside the numbers occasionally take a while to reach their intended target.

Quote:
"Backup quarterback in the league. Short, average arm and a good college quarterback," the scout added. "He can start in stretches but would be better as a backup."

Quote:
Murray looks like an NFL backup. He is undersized and doesn't have the physical athletic ability to make up for it.

There are many more. He doesn't have a bad arm, but to say he is a strong armed qb is completely false.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Never really played with great wrs minus Aj green 1 year. Elevates players above talent level.

You see how these two contradict each other? He played with some guys that are NFL players, including Moreno, Green, Massaquoi, Brown, etc. Just because he didn't play with an NFL all star cast doesn't make him any better. He played with an SEC supporting cast that was on par with the rest of the league.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Leader amongst men.

Cute buzzwords. He was a four year starter at an SEC school...of course he's a good leader. So are about 25 other draft eligible quarterbacks.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Accurate.

Yeah he's got some accuracy, but his meh arm will really test that in the pros where the windows are tighter.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Very good pocket presence.

Indeed he does. Might not be the greatest idea at his size, but he hangs in there.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Is short.

Indeed he is, but I don't really care. It's his complete lack of tools that are the issue.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I actually like the pick.

I know you do, you rave about him and Jimmy G constantly. He's one of those guys who is going to end up being very wait and see for whoever picks him (won't be us, for the reasons I outlined above...he's redundant here), since he will spend tons of time as a backup/3rd stringer before he gets a chance to start anywhere.

He is your typical good college quarterback who doesn't have the tools to cut in in the pros. Hopefully for him he carves out a niche as a good, safe, game manager type backup. It's honestly weird that you don't like Glennon, but then love Murray who is basically the same guy but half a foot shorter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the draft and pretty unrealistic. Robinson to play guard future lt is a stupid pick when we have so many needs. Then the trade with 9ers I find crazy. Jones lasting till 102?! The man can rush the passer stop the run and play decent coverage. Then FA with all the money why not sign Greg Hardy coming into his prime plus is Jones worth that type if money when he's 29 already?? Not really impressed
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very limited interest in paying McCown $4 millon/yr at age 35 to compete for a back-up role. Why would Zuttah restructure to $2 million/yr. He'll be 28 and I would believe he would get a contract comparable to what he is making now with the Bucs. He is not a Pro-bowler, but is serviceable and has been durable. He would better off being cut then to restructure to $2 million/yr.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I don't like the draft really at all. No real explosive players added but Jacoby Jones?

Like ASJ, but that's where it ends really. Robinson is more of a guard than a tackle. Could take Gabe Jackson in the second. First rounder needs to be an impact player like Watkins, Ebron, Mack Barr, or a QB with that 7th pick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was good besides the first round pick. Honestly think we need better skill position players.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect.. lol

Funny one's impression of perfect..

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: