Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JR says Giants will consider trading down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: JR says Giants will consider trading down Reply with quote

Good to hear. I'd like to get extra picks.
Also said Nicks and Tuck deserve to test free agency.
Beason seems most likely to be resigned before free agency.
He said he's open to bringing back Bradshaw (Why have one RB with neck injuries when you can have two!?)
He praised Randle.. Expects him to make a significant jump next season.
He hinted he feels there will be good quality players in the second and third waves of FA - I.E. No Mike Wallace deals in the cards.
He confirmed Beason was a 7th round pick (Steal of the draft, so far)
Said there will be significant changes in roster and the 23 FA we have isn't as big as it sounds.
Hinted towards drafting a TE and looking at TE in FA.
Said we have more problems than OL, but OL is a focus in FA.

Those are the major take aways.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure almost all teams will "consider" trading down, so I don't really make much out of that comment. What's he supposed to say--"no we will not trade down in the draft"?

Good to hear about Beason though and the OL being addressed in F/A.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
I'm sure almost all teams will "consider" trading down, so I don't really make much out of that comment. What's he supposed to say--"no we will not trade down in the draft"?

Good to hear about Beason though and the OL being addressed in F/A.

I agree with that... But to me the it sounded more like unless someone is there that they cannot pass on they will be trading down. Personally, I'd rather trade down. There are about 5 or 6 prospects right now that I like at 12 and they should all be gone by 10.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're not gonna trade up for Clowney or Mack , trade down for sure . Get extra picks baby we have holes
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to have 2 seconds 2 thirds and a pick in the twenties. Thats 5 contributors including 3 starters in the first 90 picks of the deepest draft I've ever seen

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade down in the draft and gain another 2nd rounder i wouldnt mind it at all
Would like to see the giants draft a TE like colt lyerla(yes i know his history) or the guy from florida
Resign beason and i agree let tuck and nicks test FA
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Id love to have 2 seconds 2 thirds and a pick in the twenties. Thats 5 contributors including 3 starters in the first 90 picks of the deepest draft I've ever seen

Trade down 8 spots and get an extra second and third? Are we trading with Washington? Laughing Laughing

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
If we trade down in the draft and gain another 2nd rounder i wouldnt mind it at all
Would like to see the giants draft a TE like colt lyerla(yes i know his history) or the guy from florida

A.C. Leonard and Colt Lyerla? I agree with them both. They both have baggage but we took a chance on Will Hill and he's been great when he has played.
Lyerla is the best receiving TE in the draft. Not so much a blocking TE, but he would be in contention for #1 TE if he hand't gone off the rails.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:

Trade down 8 spots and get an extra second and third? Are we trading with Washington? Laughing Laughing

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

A.C. Leonard and Colt Lyerla? I agree with them both. They both have baggage but we took a chance on Will Hill and he's been great when he has played.
Lyerla is the best receiving TE in the draft. Not so much a blocking TE, but he would be in contention for #1 TE if he hand't gone off the rails.

Easy enough to trade back twice to pick up those picks.

Say to MIA 19 would be the 2nd

Then to say 25 would be the 3rd
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

Easy enough to trade back twice to pick up those picks.

Say to MIA 19 would be the 2nd

Then to say 25 would be the 3rd

If that happens, I would definitely love it. Theres a lot of talent we could get with those picks. Rumor has it the Texans are in talks with ST. L. to trade this years 2nd and 3rd and next years 1st to get pick 2... So they'd get Clowney and a QB. I feel like this is a stupid move, but that also puts STL in position to trade up.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would like it but it would depend on what we do in FA
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its all chatter as Reese likes to call it.

This team has never been open to discussion on their offseason strategy but I think trading down makes the most sense.

Giants were said that they wouldn't be against drafting another quarterback in the first round, then they say they wouldn't be against trading down if the right deal came along.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Jordan Raanan said we are heavily attacking young guards in FA. So if we get a G or two. He also said we are counting on bounce back years from Beatty and Baas. Snee will be back at a reduced salary.

Personally, if we get two guards I would cut Baas and have Cordle and Boothe at C. Saffold is also a possibility, but his injury concerns worry me. He's played LT, LG, RG, RT. Everywhere but C.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm praying we can somehow get 2 guards in FA and then possibly moving Boothe to C if we cant get Dietrich-Smith.

Kodaraw wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:

Jordan Raanan said we are heavily attacking young guards in FA. So if we get a G or two. He also said we are counting on bounce back years from Beatty and Baas. Snee will be back at a reduced salary.

Personally, if we get two guards I would cut Baas and have Cordle and Boothe at C. Saffold is also a possibility, but his injury concerns worry me. He's played LT, LG, RG, RT. Everywhere but C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: