Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trib-6 players Steelers will be watching closely at Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix gives nothing that Terrence Brooks does not have except height. Brook is by far the best FS in the draft on talent. He 5'11 height holds him back.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Dix gives nothing that Terrence Brooks does not have except height. Brook is by far the best FS in the draft on talent. He 5'11 height holds him back.

How does his 5'11 height hold him back? That was a fair argument for a guy like Sharmako Thomas since he is only 5'9...but 5'11 to 6'1 is about average height for a safety. Ed Reed was 5'11. Brian Dawkins was 6'. Polamalu is 5'10. Earl Thomas is 5'10. Eric Weddle is 5'11. Eric Berry is 6'.

There are alot of safeties who have been taken early and played at a high level that were at or near that same height.

Also, I dont agree that Brooks is the best at all, based on pure talent or college performance. Obviously its a matter of opinion, but I see a 2nd - 3rd round talent in Brooks.

I dont like Dix as much as I used to... Shocked ....but I definitely take him over Brooks.
treat88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:

How does his 5'11 height hold him back? That was a fair argument for a guy like Sharmako Thomas since he is only 5'9...but 5'11 to 6'1 is about average height for a safety. Ed Reed was 5'11. Brian Dawkins was 6'. Polamalu is 5'10. Earl Thomas is 5'10. Eric Weddle is 5'11. Eric Berry is 6'.

There are alot of safeties who have been taken early and played at a high level that were at or near that same height.

Also, I dont agree that Brooks is the best at all, based on pure talent or college performance. Obviously its a matter of opinion, but I see a 2nd - 3rd round talent in Brooks.

I dont like Dix as much as I used to... Shocked ....but I definitely take him over Brooks.

I really like Dix. Think he'd make a hell of a pick at 15.

If it's not him both Ward and Pryor are interesting. Dix>Ward>Pryor for me.

Those three could be difference making CF's IMO. Height aside, I don't feel that way about Brooks.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: