Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get ready for disappointment, Texans consider keeping Schaub
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he a bonafide cokehead or was he caught like once?

Because there's a big difference.

kenney

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Is he a bonafide cokehead or was he caught like once?

Because there's a big difference.

Being caught and being one usually go hand in hand. No one gets caught the only time they do it.

My best friend from high school was a cheerleader at Arkansas during the Mallett years and personally attested to his cocaine use. I also met Mallett at a party and can firmly state that if he is on this team I will be a Seahawks fan until he is inevitably cut.
norg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfff man at this point IDK who are QB is im just tired of losing mann im tired of watching other teams in the SB that's not Houston

I don't care if we keep matt and draft a Young QB

I don't care if we get like Ryan mallet and get a young QB

whatever bob decided 2 do I just hope it turns into success
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys can win a Super Bowl with Schaub. He's not the best, probably not even top 16, but he's capable of putting together a string of three or four good games enough to win a Super Bowl.

I think all it takes is a better offensive gameplan and continued defensive support.

The way I see it, you guys are three years away from a Super Bowl with Schaub (possibility-wise). Four to five years away from a Super Bowl with a rookie.

Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger are EXTREMELY rare (QBs to win a Super Bowl in their second year).
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I think you guys can win a Super Bowl with Schaub. He's not the best, probably not even top 16, but he's capable of putting together a string of three or four good games enough to win a Super Bowl.

I think all it takes is a better offensive gameplan and continued defensive support.

The way I see it, you guys are three years away from a Super Bowl with Schaub (possibility-wise). Four to five years away from a Super Bowl with a rookie.

Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger are EXTREMELY rare (QBs to win a Super Bowl in their second year).

I would have agreed with this idea LAST year (and did quite vehemently), but it is impossible to ignore what played out last season and Schaub's direct role in the implosion. Yes, I lay much at the feet of Kubiak and his tired offensive system and playcalling, but Schaub clearly physically lost something likely starting with the lisfranc further limiting his mobility and all the hits he took 2012 that seemed to impact him late in the season. By 2013, clearly his decision making was impacted by the pass rush and since the defenses knew exactly was coming they jumped the routes and the turnovers robbed him and everyone else of any confidence in his ability to lead this team in a positive manner. Once that is lost, I think it is next to impossible to return and definitely not without a change of scenery as the boo birds will be deafening should he suit up in a Texan uniform again. We saw it here before with both Carr and Rosenfels and even Jake Delhomme had a cup of coffee here as a reminder of BOTH how a smart QB working with his strengths despite marginal skills can take a team to a Super Bowl (03), but also how even one horrific high profile game (5 ints, 1 fumble in 09 playoff loss) can crater a career better yet an abysmal season like Schaub had. I do think Schaub has the potential to write a better final act than 2013, but it will have to be written someplace else.

It makes absolutely no sense for a 2 win team to repeat history and miss the opportunity to minimize the massive cap chunk Schaub takes up and not turn the page and build around a new signal caller. I'm not enamored with any of the 4 QBs being touted as first rounders right now, but I can acknowledge that at least 3 of the 4 are better than any that were drafted in 2013 and we simply can't fail to seize the opportunity to grab the best possible QB to guide this team for the next 4 to 12 years. We have hired a quality progressive offensive mind and playcaller in Bill O'Brien and given sufficient talent at the QB position I have confidence that he will be able to build around the other talent on this team and lead us back to respectability and possibly even the playoffs in short order.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: