Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NhTitan Pre-Combine Titans Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NhTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: NhTitan Pre-Combine Titans Offseason Reply with quote

Nothing too crazy, but smart moves.

Cut
David Stewart
Craig Stevens
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Patrick Bailey
Moise Fokou

Restructure
Kamerion Wimbley

22.5 million cap Space

Extend
Jurrell Casey 4/24m 15m guaranteed

Re-Sign
Bernard Pollard 3/13m(4m cap)
Damian Williams
Ropati Pitoitua

Free Agent Signings
- Brandon Spikes MLB 3/10m
A vital area of the defense immediately fixed. Spikes is the hard hitting thumper in the middle we need. Will play the first two downs. Pollard and Spikes vs the run will be great.

- Terrance Cody NT 3/6m
Hill and Cody will fight it out in training camp for the NT position, Cody has been a disappointment in his NFL career, but is still young. Signing Cody will allow Casey to do what he is good at, and thats getting after the QB.

- Brandon Myers TE 2/2.5m
Cutting Stevens and signing myers for a million less. Stevens caught two balls last year....seriously.....Myers is a better all round player

- Some O'line depth

So after a fairly modest FA period. I kept CJ, I just think we will. We can still get better without having to cut a player like CJ. It doesn't save us that much and wanna see this O-line gel one more year. If we are giving Locker one more year, might as well give CJ a year in Whiz's system.
Basically I would miss CJ.

We are set for the Draft looking for
DE, OLB, CB, QB, OT, depth WR/RB/TE

Draft
Matthews, Mack, Barr, Clowney, Hopkins all gone.
The phone rings, its the bloody Eagles desperate to move up for Ha-Ha Dix. Offering 1(22), 2nd(54) and 4th(119) for 1(11).
We accept.

1.(22)- DE Rashed Hageman 6'6 318lbs Minn(CBS DRAFT #26)
He just looks like a Titan! He is the ideal fit on the 3-4 line at DE with Casey. He is a tremendous interior pass rusher, who just bullys one on one match-ups. I like Tuitt as well but Hageman is the guy I want. Our d-line now looks like Casey/Klug/Pit----Cody/Hill/Casey-----Hageman/Morgan/Martin

2.(42)- CB Bradley Roby 5'11 192lbs Ohio State (CBS DRAFT #44)
There is no way we are paying Verner anything close to what the Vikings or the Raiders are gonna pay him, so he is gone! Roby is my sleeper of this draft. I think he will wind up being the best CB in the draft. He is lightning fast and he has great instincts. I have been impressed with Sensabaugh and BWW, we will see who starts with McCourty,

2.(54)- OLB Trent Murphy 6'6 252lbs Stanford (CBS DRAFT #43)
It would be a difficult choice here if Jeffcoat, Murphy and Attaochu are all here. I like Murphy, he is a smart, tough football player. He is going to experience a fall after the combine as he is not a track star. He is good value here in the Second round though and adds to our Linebacking core.
Ayers-Brown/Gooden-Spikes/McCarthy-Murphy/Wimbley

4.(109)- RT James Hurst 6'6 305lbs UNC (CBS DRAFT #128)
There seems to be a big hole at RT. Not anymore, I think Stingly can start at RT whilst Hurst heals from his leg break. Either way Hurst is a steal in the 4th, should be a 2nd rounder apart from injury.

4.(119)- TE C.J Fiedorowicz 6'6 262lbs Iowa (CBS DRAFT #105)
It's nice to have new targets for your Franchise QB, nice to have a 6'6 mauling run blocking TE as well. Total package! Walker, Fiedorowicz, Myers. Taylor Thompson better play well in camp.

5.(145)- RB Marion Grice 6'0 207lbs Arizona State (CBS DRAFT #162)
I liked what I saw from Grice, he can do everything. Has good patience and timing, and solid hands. CJ, Greene and Grice.

6.(184)- WR Michael Campanaro 5'10 191lbs Wake Forest (CBS DRAFT #184 lol)
Wes Welker clone. I remembered him from a few years ago, friday night Wake forest game, nothing else was on. This guy is shifty and will make a career for himself in the slot. Great upside. Smart player again.

7.(226)- QB Tom Savage 6'4 220lbs Pitt (CBS DRAFT #229)
Was watching film on Devin Street, and came away more impressed with Savage. Great looking arm, accuracy and can take a hit. Every pass I saw him make he had a Dline in his throat. Anyone got any info on him?
If Locker goes down or falls on his face we will be in tank mode anyway. I dont see the point in drafting a mid round qb or keeping Fitzpatrick. I think Tyler Wilson is around for a reason.

Well what do you think?

Last edited by NhTitan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Justin615$

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be alright with this, but Jurrell Casey will get a lot more money than that.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassey will get 50 mill on his next contract bank it
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see I'm not the only one who like Tom Savage. I think he may end up a 5-6th rounder.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut CJ and find another RB and I'd be okay with it.
ironlion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of keeping CJ. I'd say cut Greene over Johnson. 11$mil is a lot for a backs. I'd say keep the better back and the one who can stay healthy.

Not a madden off season and I like that. Agreed on Casey getting more in an extension. I'll have to look these guys up you've drafted. I do like hageman, I really like getting a good 3-4 de in the first. And the trade back is nice too. Hopefully we can pull it off.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love that trade in the draft!

Others have said Casey will get more. Like the realistic signings all could be pretty good bargains. Me personally has alwas liked CJ and hope we keep him. But am ok if he isn't back. But overall I like it

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt hate it but at the same time I am not a fan either......

While I still like CJ, I think he is not worth what we are paying him and due to the fact we are up against the cap he will likely be gone.

I dont really like Spikes, I would prefer Dansby or even more likely Daryl Smith. Cody would be an okay signing but he has shown nothing so far to warrant putting faith in him. I dont get the Myers signing at all, why sign a TE and then draft one?

As everyone has mentioned Casey will get a lot more $$$

As for the trade, I like it I think the price is steep and Philly would likely not move up for Clinton-Dix. I think the Browns are a better potential trade partner.

As for the draft I like everything a lot, not completely sold on Roby but overall I can't knock it.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey's gonna get Atkins-type of money, IMO. 56m over 6. Which would be about 37 over 4, if you only extend him 4 years.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's going to get quite as much as Atkins.

I'm going to peg him around 8 million a year. Still in that ballpark, but about a million less per year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: