Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Beckham is shorter than Id like, I really like him, and would be thrilled if we got him in the 2nd.

Even though alot will change with the combine and pro days, I currently have Beckham going to the Pats in the first round and dont think he makes it past the Lions or Giants in round 2.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Although Beckham is shorter than Id like, I really like him, and would be thrilled if we got him in the 2nd.

Even though alot will change with the combine and pro days, I currently have Beckham going to the Pats in the first round and dont think he makes it past the Lions or Giants in round 2.

Height doesn't bug me, if we get a guy that is 6 5 or a guy that is 5 10 I will be happy. It would be nice to have a guy that can out jump the defends, but I will settle with good play design at the same time.

Any thoughts on brandin cooks or Paul Richardson?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32houchen32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Height doesn't bug me, if we get a guy that is 6 5 or a guy that is 5 10 I will be happy. It would be nice to have a guy that can out jump the defends, but I will settle with good play design at the same time.

I think a physical, big bodied WR would be more valuable to this offense than another shorter guy. Not that Im against a shorter guy with the right talents, but IMO we need a guy who excels in the redzone. That or a guy that can take it from the house from anywhere like Wallace (although that might be Wheaton).

Need to watch more of Cooks and Richardson to give an educated opinion.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
32houchen32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I think a physical, big bodied WR would be more valuable to this offense than another shorter guy. Not that Im against a shorter guy with the right talents, but IMO we need a guy who excels in the redzone. That or a guy that can take it from the house from anywhere like Wallace (although that might be Wheaton).

Need to watch more of Cooks and Richardson to give an educated opinion.

Fair enough. I haven't watched to much on them. Like what I saw, only highlights but those can make anyone look good at first.

Thing that scares me a bit about Richardson, they have him listed at 6 1 170.
mwalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Adams is a stud.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LtcrNuM8Tw

OGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL-GOW0lgqA

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFgTEQ0qgU

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT
Taylor Lewan--6' 7 1/8", but only 33 7/8" arms and 9 1/4" hands. That potentially could drop him down. Too tall to be an effective OG, but shorter arms and smaller hands than you'd like on a LT.

Jake Matthews--6' 5.5", 33 3/8" arms , 9 7/8" hands. That could potentially drop him down as well, and definitely past Greg Robinson, who measured in at an ideal height, weight, arms and hands. If he falls to 15, that'd be a tough choice depending on who's left on the board.

"Tiny" Richardson--6'6", 336, 35" arms, 10" hands. If he interviews/tests well, he'll be in the top half of Rd 1, potentially.

TE
Eric Ebron--6' 4 3/8", 250, 10" hands. He measured slightly taller than expected with large mitts. He may have just solidified himself as a top 15 pick; of course, assuming he tests well.

Jace Amaro--6' 5", 265, 9" hands. Really small hands for a guy his size. Might drop him down out of 1st if he has some drops during the gauntlet and other catching drills.

Troy Niklas--6' 6.5", 270, 10" hands. Might be a solid choice for us in the 2nd. Dude's mammoth.

CJ Fiedorowicz--6' 5", 265, 10 1/4" hands. 3rd Rd?

Xavier Grimble--6' 4", 257, 10 1/4" hands. If we don't go Ebron in the 1st, I'd love to grab Grimble in the 3rd (comp pick).

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Richardson goes before Lewan.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: