Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

question from cleveland browns fan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

trade?
up
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
stay
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

fumblebluntz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: question from cleveland browns fan? Reply with quote

ok without saiing give us the pick if you were actually ur own gm what would you do with the cleve draft? now i only came on here bcuz when we lost our team u guys stuk up us and thats y clevend loves u till the end. but on sunday its on
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: question from cleveland browns fan? Reply with quote

fumblebluntz wrote:
ok without saiing give us the pick if you were actually ur own gm what would you do with the cleve draft? now i only came on here bcuz when we lost our team u guys stuk up us and thats y clevend loves u till the end. but on sunday its on

english please?

are you asking what would we do if we were in charge of Cleveland, or if the Steelers had Cleveland's picks?
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take Khalil Mack with the 1st pick and designate him as a LB and consider using him on the inside. A great majority of his sacks come from stunts up the middle anyway.

Id look at a weapon with the second pick in Austin Sefarian Jenkins

With the 3rd pick id consider looking at zac Mettenberger, but if Carlos Hyde was still available Id get my running back for years to come. With those 3 talented players now on my roster id look at picking up Logan Thomas. Hes a project with enormous ability and talent that given Big Ben type rookie year treatment with a great defense could move the ball and will develop as he goes. His problems cone when he tries to be cute .

In the mean time you could consider bringing in vet like Vick. Manziel would be fun but short lived. Build a roster not a magic show.

Actually I was thinking of Matt Schaub when I wrote this but couldn't think of his name. It's a possibility Houston releases him outright, if so consider picking him up with a 2 year deal. He's not perfect but a solid vet that can carry the team. I'd also look at Kirk Cousins trade possibilities, as much as I like Cousins I'd be comfortable with a Shaub type idea for Cleveland.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cjfollett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't draft another QB, for Pete's sake!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Steeler fan I want you to take Manziel because I think he is going to be a below average pro QB.

If the Browns have a chance for Bridgewater I would take it. Moving up to #2 if need be. Otherwise JPN has it correct in saying get Mettenberger later.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the OP 5 times and still dont understand it.

Im just going to assume youre asking what we would do if we were the GMs for the Browns.

As someone else stated, I hope you guys draft Manziel....but if I were being serious about improving that team from my standpoint....

1(4): QB Teddy Bridgwater or Blake Bortles
(Id also consider trading up, but wouldnt overpay. Neither are elite prospects IMO)
1(26): TE Jace Amaro (Cameron IMO is hit or miss and 2 TE sets could be lethal)
2(3): OG Gabe Jackson or David Yankey
3(7): CB Pierre Desir
3(17?): ILB Shane Skov

If both QBs are gone and cant trade up..

1(4): WR Sammy Watkins
1(26): TE Jace Amaro (At least when you found a QB, he would have crazy weapons to play with in Gordon, Watkins, Cameron and Amaro. I although think the Browns will get a RB in Free Agency)
2(3): OG Gabe Jackson or David Yankey
3(7): QB Zach Mettenberger (After Bortles and Bridgewater, has the best chance of being a great NFL QB IMO)
3(17?): ILB Shane Skov

If you cant get one of the top 2 QBs, wait until the 3rd round. That way, you can see what you have in that player for a year, but unless they show really well, wont stop the team from possibly drafting a QB early next year, assuming they finish with another high pick.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
treat88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go up and get Bridgewater if it is at all possible.

Short of that sit at 4 and take Johnny Football if he makes it down. He may never live up to the hype, but I think he's better than a guy like Kaepernick/RG3 within a year.

If he doesn't make it down then it gets interesting. Watkins would really complete that O and Hoyer/Weeden can be stop gaps to 2015. Robinson would be a real nice addition even if he moves inside to start.

With that early first I'd want one of these guys in this order. Teddy is the only one I'd go up and get.

1. Bridgewater
2. Clowney
3. Manziel
4. Watkins
5. Robinson

Everything else depends on this first pick. If you still have a second first when the dust settles, if you get the QB, then add a secondary weapon for him. Get the WR, build the D. Get the OL, either D or WR work. Get Clowney, get the secondary receiver.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Go up and get Bridgewater if it is at all possible.

Short of that sit at 4 and take Johnny Football if he makes it down. He may never live up to the hype, but I think he's better than a guy like Kaepernick/RG3 within a year.

If he doesn't make it down then it gets interesting. Watkins would really complete that O and Hoyer/Weeden can be stop gaps to 2015. Robinson would be a real nice addition even if he moves inside to start.

With that early first I'd want one of these guys in this order. Teddy is the only one I'd go up and get.

1. Bridgewater
2. Clowney
3. Manziel
4. Watkins
5. Robinson

Everything else depends on this first pick. If you still have a second first when the dust settles, if you get the QB, then add a secondary weapon for him. Get the WR, build the D. Get the OL, either D or WR work. Get Clowney, get the secondary receiver.

If they think Clowney is a special prospect, by all means, but they just drafted Mingo last year, have Sheard (although his contract is about up) and Kruger (I know he isnt that good, but they did sink alot of money into him).

Although I really wouldnt want to see Clowney and Mingo twice a year.

So please...draft Manziel.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Powerslave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're gonna draft Maziel, and its going to be a catastrophe. Classic CLE. It's their destiny.
rollins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1(4): Watkins WR
1(26): Fuller CB
2(3): Hyde RB
3(7): DeMarcus Lawrence
3(17?): Skov

I would def build the best team I could by taking BPA and riding it out with Hoyer for another year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: