Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Free Agent Master List 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Wimbley, CJ, Fokou, Stewart, Stevens.

Resign Pollard, Pitoitua, DWill.

Sign Karlos Dansby. Starter at ILB. Had a fantastic season last year and adds some more experience to the D. Has connections to Whiz/Horton

Sign O'Brien Schofield. Good depth signing for OLB. Has connections to Whiz and Horton.

Let Verner walk. Am I the only one who thinks tagging Verner is stupid? No way is he worth the projected tag of 11.25 million. Especially as a #2 CB. Horton will most likely play press man coverage and that isn't Verner's game. Let BWW take over his spot or draft someone in the top two rounds. Lots of good CB's this year.

I would try to draft a guy like Barr or Mack in the first. Or trade down and draft an OT.

Draft a RB like Charlie Sims to replace CJ. He has good hands and seems like he would help Locker out in the backfield.
Damian Stafford
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per RW.

Quote:
Free agent ILB Karlos Dansby expects to be back with the Cardinals in 2014. "I definitely expect to be an Arizona Cardinal next year," Dansby said. "We don’t have long here (before free agency) so we’ll get to talking and try and hammer something out."

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Cut Wimbley, CJ, Fokou, Stewart, Stevens.

Resign Pollard, Pitoitua, DWill.

Sign Karlos Dansby. Starter at ILB. Had a fantastic season last year and adds some more experience to the D. Has connections to Whiz/Horton

Sign O'Brien Schofield. Good depth signing for OLB. Has connections to Whiz and Horton.

Let Verner walk. Am I the only one who thinks tagging Verner is stupid? No way is he worth the projected tag of 11.25 million. Especially as a #2 CB. Horton will most likely play press man coverage and that isn't Verner's game. Let BWW take over his spot or draft someone in the top two rounds. Lots of good CB's this year.

I would try to draft a guy like Barr or Mack in the first. Or trade down and draft an OT.

Draft a RB like Charlie Sims to replace CJ. He has good hands and seems like he would help Locker out in the backfield.

1st - Karlos Dansby never played in Ray Horton's system

2nd - I disagree, Verner showed last year that he can play press man and hold his own. No he probably won't shut down Megatron, but he's an intelligent playmaker who will only get better with a stronger pass rush.

**RIP Steve McNair**
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my thoughts as far as personnel, free agency and the draft go..

CJ1K and David Stewart are cut for obvious reasons. Wimbley will be asked to take a pay cut and if he refuses then I think he'll be shown the door. I firmly believe our coaching staff will take a good hard look at Craig Stevens and determine if he can be our #2 TE. Stevens has always been an underrated pass-catcher IMO and he features some of the best in-line blocking you can ask for in a TE. Factor that in with the fact Whiz is a former TE, with a TE coach as his OC and a system that loves to use the double tight sets and there may be a chance that Stevens returns but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a cap casualty. I agree with most here that Fitz is one of, if not the most reliable backup in the NFL but he's going to be cut because he is absolutely awful for this offense. Whiz has the tools to make this a nice two-way offense but when he airs it out he prefers the vertical game. I don't trust Fitz to make those throws on a consistent basis if he has to play and I don't think he has the arm to succeed down field. I'll explain why I think it will be easy to cut Fitz and who his replacement would be when I get to the draft.

Verner isn't going anywhere, at least not now. He wants to be here and I don't see any reason why Horton and Louie Cioffi wouldn't want him here as well. I don't agree with what people are saying about "press man" and all this stuff. Ray Horton is a flexible, accommodating and intelligent DC. He's going to tailor our defense to our strengths and keeping one of our best defensive players is imperative. I also want to stress the mark Horton and Cioffi made on guys like Haden and Ward, the sky is the limit for Vern and J-Mac. It's going to go one of two ways IMO, Verner is going to be tagged and signed to a long-term deal at some point during the season or he's going to get that long-term deal this offseason. Although he played well and at a Pro-Bowl level, he isn't going to demand top 5 money thankfully and I think Webster is a good enough GM to get him locked up at a financially reasonable deal for both parties. Casey is deserving of an extension as well and I think it'll come. The cuts we make this offseason aren't going to be so we can go crazy throwing money at FA's but so we can lock up some of our own and create continuity for a franchise in flux. This team isn't far off from being a playoff contender and if it weren't for an injured starting QB that led to inconsistent faces and play under center for most the season, we could already be up there. This is a MUCH better coaching staff and I think keeping our guys together should be a bigger priority than "rebuilding". Damian Williams and Bernard Pollard are also two guys we have to look at trying to retain, whether it be long-term or for 2 year deals, I'm maintaining that continuity is important to this team.

I'd love for us to target perhaps one or two defensive players that have experience in a 3-4 or hybrid look system, not All-Pros but guys that can come in here on the relative cheap and contribute to a young team. Potential targets to fill that role would be Kenyon Coleman, Brett Keisel, CJ Wilson, Ziggy Hood, Paul Soliai, Parys Haralson, Frank Zombo, Jamaal Westerman, Darryl Sharpton, Arthur Moats, James Ihedigbo, and the crown of FA would be a guy like Perry Riley or TJ Ward. The reason why I didn't include Dansby on that list (who would be fantastic here) is because he and the Cardinals have both come out publicly and stated their desire to stay together. I'd also like to add some RB depth, someone who can actually take a few carries and offer some change of pace if needed but isn't just a RB3 taking a roster spot, but a returner too. Leon Washington could fill that role but I'd prefer a guy like LaRod Stephens-Howling, especially with his ties to Whiz.

As far as the draft goes, I think at #11 we have to go with the best defensive player available at the time of the pick, unless Teddy or Bortles slide to us. I'm truthfully fine with any of the premier defensive talents at the top end of the draft because I have faith in Horton and the defensive staff Whiz has put together to get the best out of our current players and incoming players alike. I don't think enough emphasis is being made on how incredible of a staff we've managed to put together. At #11 I'm fine with Mack, Barr, Clowney if he somehow fell, Nix or even Mosley. If one of the top two tackles or a guy like Sammy Watkins slides then you have to consider them but I'm personally really high on Stingily and I think he can be a good RT in this league, so I'd rather not spend a pick on a tackle and an early round WR isn't a need whatsoever. If that situation does happen, there will be no shortage of teams willing to jump up and I'd hope we trade out of there and pick up another second+ but I'd even be happy with getting our 3rd rounder back and some late round stuff because we have typically had success there. Now, as promised I'll touch on a QB. Whether it's in the second round, third if we can get a pick, or fourth if he's still there.. I want Aaron Murray. If the only knocks on a guy are that he's a little small for the position and that he had a knee injury, count me in. Russell Wilson and Drew Brees' Superbowl rings should have already silenced critics about the size of a QB and with that said, 6'1/215 aren't exactly poor measurables. The injury sucks but it's not like the kid had "injury concerns" and in today's day and age guys are coming back 10x better after injuries like this. Murray can sling it and he's got a cannon for an arm to go along with a near perfect release point. He shows good touch on the deep routes and has the ability to make all the short to intermediate throws asked of him and his footwork should only get more polished at the next level. The kid played in the toughest conference in college football and was a winner, beating some of the better teams in the nation. With the remaining picks, I'd like to add a later round RB to come in and offer some dynamic (ala Danny Woodhead, who thrived in Whiz's system last year). I think a RB by committee approach, which is essentially the status quo unless you have a guy like AP or Lynch, is the way to go. Shonn Greene as the primary ball carrier, with a draft pick that can catch the ball out of the backfield and take 10 carries a game, and Stephens-Howling rounding it out would be perfectly fine.

All in all, I would rather see us re-sign our own and lock up our talented players long-term, as well as draft strongly, than go on another FA spending frenzy. I believe the cuts of CJ, Fitz, Stewart, Fokou and possibly Stevens/Wimbley are enough to make these things possible and I believe our loaded coaching staff will be all the resources we need to take our team to the next level. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
EddieGeorge27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Free Agent Master List 2014 Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

Toby Gerhart- I have always loved his talent, anyone who compares him to Greene has not watched him. He has more speed and agility and is a better pass catcher out of the backfield. Younger and could become a star if given more carries, has been hidden behind AP.

I have never watched him extensively. He just seemed like a bruising back when I did watch him. My apologies

Sadly I still don't see him being brought in here. I think Greene will be primary carrier with a change of pace back coming in via draft or free agency.

No need for apologies thats just my opinion. He is a brusing back but he offers more than just power. Check these out.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVf_74OGjDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MW6B03KUbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaY5wlEVis

He looked very good in relief of AP this season.

I would LOVE it if we could land Toby Gerhart. I'm a Stanford fan so there might be some bias here, but to me, he is one of the most underrated running backs in the league. I think he'll really shine if he gets an opportunity to be a feature back.

Sign me up for the Gerhart bandwagon. He impressed me this season when he came in for AP, definitely seems like a back that gets better the more he gets the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas just got cut. I know he's a FS and I haven't paid much attention to him, but I liked his first two years in the league. I remember thinking he was better off as a SS than a FS. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

Thoughts?
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Louis Delmas just got cut. I know he's a FS and I haven't paid much attention to him, but I liked his first two years in the league. I remember thinking he was better off as a SS than a FS. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

Thoughts?

I would rather keep Pollard and Griffin.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 105 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Titans_Va

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one wants Rob Jackson.

He's a stud but was Orakpo's back up.

When Orakpo got hurt he filled in tremendously with a small drop off.

Btw Orakpo's stats a gaudy at best
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really think this needed its own thread since we already have a FA thread but word is the cap is going up to 130 million this season could mean us keeping Wimbley or CJ.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 53m
NFL's salary cap now projected to rise to about $130 million, up 5 percent from $123 million last year, per league sources. More $ for all.

Damian Stafford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: