Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Positions that dont need attention
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
How do we suddenly have so many needs? Crying or Very sad

Maybe we should trade back. Bilk the Rams for roughly what they got out of the Redskins; both 1sts this year and a 2nd and next year's 1st and 2nd or something outrageous. I can't believe I'm even considering it.

I can't believe your considering trading back, your a big Bridgewater proponent. Like PD said we can probably fix 5 positions this offseason, QB, OT, OLB, FS, and CB. That won't complete the team, we can add some depth to other positions as well, but it will take more than 1 yr. to fix everything and those positions will go a long way to fixing this team.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still might need a free agent OL / OT

Quote:
Texans second-year OT Brennan Williams (knee) said he'll be ready for OTAs.
"I'll be back on the field for spring," Williams said. "I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't been healthy in, I dunno, two years now. So just to be able to be at my full capacity, be able to go out there and be myself is really exciting." Williams underwent shoulder surgery as a senior at North Carolina before missing his entire rookie season after micro fracture surgery. He could eventually push RT Derek Newton in Houston.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bostonhigh-school&city=boston&i=FB&id=30107&w=1dqqx&src=desktop&wjb
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Still might need a free agent OL / OT

Quote:
Texans second-year OT Brennan Williams (knee) said he'll be ready for OTAs.
"I'll be back on the field for spring," Williams said. "I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't been healthy in, I dunno, two years now. So just to be able to be at my full capacity, be able to go out there and be myself is really exciting." Williams underwent shoulder surgery as a senior at North Carolina before missing his entire rookie season after micro fracture surgery. He could eventually push RT Derek Newton in Houston.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bostonhigh-school&city=boston&i=FB&id=30107&w=1dqqx&src=desktop&wjb

That's good news, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have little confidence that we'll ever see meaningful snaps from Williams.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, when you go 2-14, you have a lot of needs. I expect a pretty ridiculous turnover from last years roster. I expect a few UDFAs to make the team. We've got first ups on the waiver wire all year. We should have some decent money to spend in FA.

If the new personnel department is going to be successful, it should show right away BECAUSE we already have very talented players at several key positions throughout the roster to combine with the new crop of talent.

There seems to be a pattern emerging of teams with talented players on the roster tanking.. changing coaching staffs.. picking first overall.. and turning things around rather quickly. (See Colts and Chiefs)

Bob McNair forced Keenum into the lineup against Kubiak's will before ultimately firing him in the middle of the season, practically ensuring that we wouldn't win another game (I don't think anyone considered Wade Phillips a legitimate contender for the HC job, and he doesn't seem to be able to find work anywhere right now).

What I'm trying to say is, EXCELLENT JOB MR MCNAIR. We've got the best position (aside from Superbowl Champions) in the league right now. I expect us to take full advantage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: