Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Combine--Rank your 1st Rd Choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Rashade Hageman

I gotta ask, and not just you 43, why would anyone be excited about any 5 tech in the first round? Especially mid 1st round.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hageman is a very, very good prospect and I think 5 tech is absolutely a need for the team, but we are also absolutely assured that anyone we pick at the position will ride the pine for at least 2 seasons and will be coming close to C2 before they are allowed to make an impact.

With Lebeau/Mitchell running the show, and with the show being a 2 gap 34, I don't see how any prospect, even one named Watt, would be worth the 1.15. They simply won't be allowed to contribute, even if they are capable, enough to get any value out of C1. Hell, even Watt would just now be earning starter's snaps ala Heyward.

I'd love to have Hageman, Tuitt, Crichton et al. on board and in the pipeline, but it seems a low value way to spend a premium pick.

Now, if you think they would start right out of the gate, like Richardson did in NY, then I understand. But if you think that, given the coaches and the history of the position here, I gotta ask...why would it be any different this time around regardless of the prospects name?

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Rashade Hageman

I gotta ask, and not just you 43, why would anyone be excited about any 5 tech in the first round? Especially mid 1st round.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hageman is a very, very good prospect and I think 5 tech is absolutely a need for the team, but we are also absolutely assured that anyone we pick at the position will ride the pine for at least 2 seasons and will be coming close to C2 before they are allowed to make an impact.

With Lebeau/Mitchell running the show, and with the show being a 2 gap 34, I don't see how any prospect, even one named Watt, would be worth the 1.15. They simply won't be allowed to contribute, even if they are capable, enough to get any value out of C1. Hell, even Watt would just now be earning starter's snaps ala Heyward.

I'd love to have Hageman, Tuitt, Crichton et al. on board and in the pipeline, but it seems a low value way to spend a premium pick.

Now, if you think they would start right out of the gate, like Richardson did in NY, then I understand. But if you think that, given the coaches and the history of the position here, I gotta ask...why would it be any different this time around regardless of the prospects name?

Youre right....and initially, I even included a comment about how Id be wary about taking him due to that.

However, my post mainly just revolved around the best players that I believe will be on the board when we draft. Even if Id be reluctant to take him based on position, he is still one of my favorite players.

It really just depends what they do with Keisel. If they keep him around....or even Ziggy for that matter, which I doubt....then I wouldnt draft any 5 tech early. However, if they let Keisel and Ziggy go, then I do think there is a good chance that Hageman could start immediately.

That being said, Im not sure Id take Hageman there, even over certain players I have ranked below him, but BPA alone, I think he will be near the top of my list.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: