Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not written off Wilson one bit. And I know he hasn't either. I don't blame him for his failure to find running success behind in the first few weeks of the season before his injury. The OL that finished the season looked like the Niners OL compared to what we had the first month of last season. And yes, that says A LOT. Don't forget, unlike Andre Brown, Wilson was running behind Baas and Snee, both players who had unknown season-ending injuries. THAT BEING SAID, yes his injury is alarming. But if he recovers sometime this year like his progression is showing, what makes you think he's finished afterwards? I don't agree with that at all. He is immensely talented and has shown a lot of good so far, and I think a lot of you will be eating your words. He could thrive in this new offense and I'm sure the Giants organization is not fine with moving on without their 1st round pick from just 2012.

There are so many holes on this roster going into next season that it's hard to express much confidence really, and I haven't been this skeptical in years. First thing is first and the OL MUST be addressed in free agency. I expect that completely. We could use a replacement at every position other than RT. It's scary. As shown this past year, a decent OL is crucial for offensive balance and success. Our OL was indeed broken because of this. With a broken offense, you might as well lose out because you're certainly not winning a super bowl. One coaching change is not going to solve all our problems and might not do anything if we can't keep Eli on his feet. Get rid of both Baas and Snee, they are both old, injury-prone and unreliable. Sign Alex Mack and pay a lot to get him. It's mandatory, because our interior OL doesn't have talent and Jim Cordle is NOT going to be our starting center in 2014. Sign a couple other veteran guards on affordable deals. Let Beatty start off LT, see if he can get over last year and if he can't handle it move Pugh to the blindside where he played in college. Let Nicks go. Sign a veteran WR and TE.
On defense, the Giants won't be able to afford both Joseph and Tuck. Both seem to want to be back though and Tuck said he's willing to take a little less to remain on the team. I think we should keep Tuck. He's finally healthy and productive and I think we can get him for a reasonable price. If we want to keep Joseph as well, which I'd obviously love to have back, we'd have to cut ties with Rolle. I personally don't think the Giants will do that, but it wouldn't shock me as he's a huge cap casualty. So if Joseph is gone elsewhere, we bump Hankins to starter to play with Cullen Jenkins, resign Patterson and leave another spot open for F/A and/or draft. Hopefully with this offseason off, JPP will be able to return 100% in September like he claims he will, but we still need a pass rusher and I highly doubt Moore who barely played last year is that guy--at least for 2014. DaMonsta should be used more next year though in pass rushing situations. Resign Beason for sure. In fact, I'm not too concerned with the LB corp right now, but I still think they should look to add someone in the draft or even free agency perhaps. Secondary remains the same for the most part other than add a veteran corner.

With the 12th pick, I think we should focus our attention on defense IF AND ONLY IF Sammy Watkins isn't available. You can go ahead and tell me he won't be all you want, but players slide and in fact Sharrif Floyd who seemed to be a top 5 lock fell to Minnesota at 23. And like i've mentioned before, I don't believe there aren't too many teams before us who will be looking for a WR with their first pick. I still think it's unlikely though, but that's the only exception. I think CB would be the best pick at 12. The secondary could use a top talent, the defense played well overall at the end of the season, but let's not forget I think this was against 5 teams with backup QBs (although Foles included). But still, I think that it makes a ton of sense and we could pick up the best CB in the draft whoever that may be. Our secondary would actually be pretty damn legit with Rolle, Will Hill hopefully, Stevie Brown, Prince, 12th overall pick, and Jayron Hosley. And Thomas maybe. Some other veteran CB too. Our defense would be in good shape, and with Tuck back we'd be able to get pressure on both ends too. However, I wouldn't argue against adding a top pass rusher. I am not for drafting OL here. OL can be a possibility in round 2-3. Ebron would be a good addition if the TE position isn't addressed the offseason, which I believe they will.

Last edited by jerseyboy257 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all in. #Kony2014

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Hansen31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their have been talks about the Giants bringing in Jameel Mclain from the Ravens. Their main priority is also bringing back Beason..What do we think of Mcclain?
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansen31 wrote:
Their have been talks about the Giants bringing in Jameel Mclain from the Ravens. Their main priority is also bringing back Beason..What do we think of Mcclain?

good backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: