Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

De'Anthony Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjfollett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: De'Anthony Thomas Reply with quote

I don't get everyone putting him on the Steelers. He is not a good fit. The kid barely has a spot on an NFL roster. KR/PR maybe. Where do you draft that?

He might be fast, but he is not as tough as a guy like Darren Spoles. He's not as good as LaMichael James, who he followed at Oregon.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to work on his route running and prove he can be a consistent asset in the passing game.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him in the 6th round...maybe 5th depending on how the board looked.

I wouldnt touch him in the 3rd (comp) or even 4th where Ive seen some mock him to us.

I agree with JPN he COULD be a weapon in the passing game and as a return guy, but I wouldnt touch him until the later rounds, because I think there is a better chance he is out of the league in a few years than regularly contributing to an NFL offense.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I would take him in the 6th round...maybe 5th depending on how the board looked.

I wouldnt touch him in the 3rd (comp) or even 4th where Ive seen some mock him to us.

I agree with JPN he COULD be a weapon in the passing game and as a return guy, but I wouldnt touch him until the later rounds, because I think there is a better chance he is out of the league in a few years than regularly contributing to an NFL offense.

I might be ok with him in the 4th. Depends on his combine numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

He would have to weigh in over 180 and run sub 4.4 for me to even consider that.

If he weighs in under 165, which I expect, I wouldnt touch him until the 5th or 6th.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

He would have to weigh in over 180 and run sub 4.4 for me to even consider that.

If he weighs in under 165, which I expect, I wouldnt touch him until the 5th or 6th.

I'm sure he doesn't weigh 165. That is atrocious

I like him bc he has a thirty minute highlight tape on YouTube. Most guys have 3 mins and he has 30. Not sure what to say other than that. He has made that many plays and every time he touches the ball he can take it to the house. Hence, The Black Mamba.
cjfollett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

I think Thomas has so many highlights because Oregon runs the up-tempo O with many many plays to pick from.
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could serve as a good complement to Le'Veon Bell, who has established himself as our bell cow back. Guy could catch passes out the backfield and could fill a need at KR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I'm sure he doesn't weigh 165. That is atrocious

I like him bc he has a thirty minute highlight tape on YouTube. Most guys have 3 mins and he has 30. Not sure what to say other than that. He has made that many plays and every time he touches the ball he can take it to the house. Hence, The Black Mamba.

I meant 175. He has a small frame. He really cant add much more weight without it affecting his speed. I wouldnt be shocked if he is around 170 at the combine since Im guess he will be focused on showcasing his speed more than anything.

And as for those "30 minutes" of highlights for Thomas, alot of those "highlights" arent even remotely impressive. He has a few where they are pretty average kick returns and very easy catches. Most players dont have every single positive play they ever made in their careers in one video like he does. On top of that, alot of his highlights were followed by replays of the same play.

Dont get me wrong...Thomas was a dynamic college player and could be good in the pros, but there have been more impressive players with better tools and potential that failed in the NFL.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Undrafted Free Agent, I love the idea of having him on our team. As someone we have to use a pick on, no thank you, I'd rather draft Kirby Van Der Kamp or Pat O'Donnell, seriously.

He adds speed but that's about it, he'd be a PR/KR because he's not, imo, got the physicality to stand up against the agression of the NFL.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: