Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UTMoc's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: UTMoc's Pre-Combine Mock Draft Reply with quote

FA/Resign
------
Bernard Pollard
Ropati Pitoitua
Daryl Smith

Cuts/Not Resigned
-----------------------
CJ2K
Kenny Britt
Mookie Johnson
Rusty Smith
Jackie Battle
Kamerion Wimbley
Karl Klug
Kevin Walter
David Stewart
Craig Stevens
Marc Mariani

Draft
---------
Trade Pick No 11 to NYJ for Pick’s 18 & Pick 69 (3rd Rd.)

Round 1. Jeremiah Attaochu OLB - GT.
I think if Attaochu had primarily played OLB again this season he would be a 1st round lock. I think his stock dropped a little by playing out of position at DE. He would be a great tool for Horton to use in the new 3-4 defense.
I've seen comparisons from Von Miller to a better run defending Bruce Irvin. Will probably improve his stock at the combine and end up going in the 1st.

Round 2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE - Washington.
We obviously have some more pressing needs, but if we want Locker to continue to develop he needs another big target. ASF is definitely big. Standing at 6-6 he is more of a security blanket than a game changer and is far from being a guy like Jimmy Graham. He has good hands however and is a better blocker than people give him credit for. He could be a huge asset in the red zone. Literally. I think he'll be a better pro than college player.

Round 3. Justin Ellis NT - Lousiana Tech
Many people on the forum aren't sold on Hill or anyone on the roster being able to play NT. This pick goes out to you. Ellis has had a monster "off-season" with good play at the Shrine game and the Senior bowl. He is a massive dude weighing it at 342 lbs. Has potential to hold the point or penetrate and get after the QB on passing downs. Would make for a formidable duo with Casey beside him in 4-3 looks.

Round 4. Charlie Sims RB - WVU
The RB out of WVU could be just what Whiz is looking for. He has good hands out of he backfield and isn't an easy guy to take down unlike CJ. He is a one cut and go guy which should fit in well with our OL. Can also line up at WR on occasion to add a little more complexity to the offense.

Round 5. Morgan Breslin OLB - USC
Yup. I'm doubling up on pass rushers. Breslin is more of a depth pick though. He got snubbed by not being invited to the combine. He missed 9 games last season and suffered from a hernia injury when he did play otherwise I think he would've been taken higher. After transferring from the JUCO level to USC Breslin had 13 sacks in his first season. The Titans have a history of drafting out the Pac-10 and this pick fits that trend as well.

Round 6. Michael Schofield OT - Michigan
Schofield is far overshadowed by Lewan, but he is a good RT. I don't think he has what it takes to protect the blind side but he is another good depth pick and could compete with Stingily for the RT job in camp.

Round 7. Shaq Evans WR - UCLA.
Back to the Pac-10 we go. We seem to have a love affair with Pac-10 players so why not pick a WR from UCLA? It seems odd to have a draft without a WR in it. Evans has experience returning kicks and could make the roster based on ST play. He is a big bodied guy 6-1 210 lbs. I think Evans would essentially replace DWill on the roster.

Depth Chart.
----------------
QB - Locker/Fitz/Wilson
RB - Sims/Greene/L.Washington
FB - Mooney
TE - Walker/Seferian-Jenkins/Thompson
WR - Washington/Hunter
WR - Wright/Preston/Evans
OT - Roos/Otto
OG - Levitre/Spencer
C - Schwenke/Turner
OG - Warmack/Spencer
OT - Stingily/Schofield

DE - Pitouitua/Morgan
NT - Ellis/Hill
DE - Casey/Martin
OLB - Attaochu/Breslin
ILB - Brown/Gooden?
ILB - Smith/Fokou
OLB - Ayers/Breslin
CB - McCourty/Sensabaugh
SS - Pollard/Stafford
FS - Griffin/Wilson
CB - Wreh-Wilson/Campbell/Wooten

K - Bironas
P- Kern
LS - Brinkley
KR - Washington
PR - Evans/Washington
[/img]
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I think Attaochu will rise up draft boards, I do not know if he will go in the top 20 though. I would rather trade down more to get him. ASJ is a great weapon but I cannot see us spending a 2nd on a TE after throwing so much money at Walker. I could see us adding a TE later on Crockett Gilmore would be an interesting later selection at TE. Not sold on Ellis and I have him ranked as a 4th rounder so IMO he would be a reach in the 3rd.

I really like the rest of your picks, Schofield and Evans are two of my sleeper players. However, I think with the lack of depth at tackle in this draft Schofield will go in the 5th.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely think Attaochu goes in the top 20. Just because the media has skipped over him doesn't mean the pros have. I currently want us to take Attaochu at #11. Best pass rusher in the draft after Clowney and Mack.

Justin Ellis is another player I really would love to find a way to add to our team. Moves very well for as big as he is.

I'm definitely not opposed to taking ASJ, but without an OT being addressed in FA, we could probably take one in the later rounds. Especially considered what we paid Walker. I'm with you as far as Stingily as a starter, but it's hard to believe the coaching staff won't bring in someone. Otto is a FA as well.

All in all I think it is a very good offseason. Only problem now is convincing the Jets to trade us! haha

Honestly looking at it.. it is damn near what I had us doing this offseason.

I had us signing Arthur Jones to contribute on the DL and help with the 3-4 swap. Not resigning Pollard. Signing an cheap OT to compete with Stingily.

Draft: 1. Attaochu-OLB 2. Tre Mason-RB 3. Justin Ellis-NT 4. Ahmad Dixon-S 5. Colt Lyerla-TE

Fairly similar ideas.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I absolutely think Attaochu goes in the top 20. Just because the media has skipped over him doesn't mean the pros have. I currently want us to take Attaochu at #11. Best pass rusher in the draft after Clowney and Mack.

Justin Ellis is another player I really would love to find a way to add to our team. Moves very well for as big as he is.

I'm definitely not opposed to taking ASJ, but without an OT being addressed in FA, we could probably take one in the later rounds. Especially considered what we paid Walker. I'm with you as far as Stingily as a starter, but it's hard to believe the coaching staff won't bring in someone. Otto is a FA as well.

All in all I think it is a very good offseason. Only problem now is convincing the Jets to trade us! haha

Honestly looking at it.. it is damn near what I had us doing this offseason.

I had us signing Arthur Jones to contribute on the DL and help with the 3-4 swap. Not resigning Pollard. Signing an cheap OT to compete with Stingily.

Draft: 1. Attaochu-OLB 2. Tre Mason-RB 3. Justin Ellis-NT 4. Ahmad Dixon-S 5. Colt Lyerla-TE

Fairly similar ideas.

I think the Jets could trade up to get a guy like Ebron, Evans or another offensive weapon. Would really help Geno out.

If the Jets don't trade maybe we could bait Cleveland into trading up and getting their I think #26 pick? Might be able to get Attaochu their but I think he goes a little higher.

I'm not worried about what we paid Walker really. They could both be on the field at the same time regardless of run or pass. It would add some more guess work for defenses. Whenever Stevens is in now you know he won't catch the ball. Not the case for ASJ. You could even line up Walker at FB in certain formations just to add another thing for defenses to think about. ASJ also has 6 inches on Walker. He is more of a red zone threat. Him and Hunter in the end zone would be great targets for Locker.

We could bring in an OT to compete in FA but I don't know much about the options out there to be honest so I just left it with Stingily/Schofield. Seems like any of the guys that are good are going to command multi year big money deals. Can't offer that if you just want a competition. Seems like the guys who would accept a 1 year deal are over the hill or just don't have what it takes.
If the Texans or Jags pick Clowney I would think a little bit more about drafting an OT in the top 3 rounds but I think they both go with QB's. Bortles/Bridgewater.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: