Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The post-superbowl draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: The post-superbowl draft Reply with quote

Thought I'd throw up a draft post superbowl and see what you guys think:

Round 1:

FS Jimmie Ward NIU

People may hate this, and I'd prefer it if we trade down to an early 2nd to get him, but I really want this guy. Ward in my opinion has the best coverage skills of any safety in this class. Takes fantastic angles, can diagnose plays, is a very sound tackler and has good ball skills.

Round 2:

WR Jarvis Landry LSU

Not the flashiest receiver nor the most athletic. What Landry gives us a solid guy to move the chains. Someone who can create separation consistently, and catch whatever Brees gives them. He runs good routes, has good hands and has decent athleticism. Should fit in fine.

Round 3:

CB Bashaud Breeland Clemson

Probably another pick people won't be over the moon, but he's another riser. Decent size, ridiculous arm length and has some tenacity. Good ball skills and athleticism to play the position. He's got good instincts too. He is a little raw, but given some development I think he could be a very good player for us.

Round 4:

DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence Boise State

[img]http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/screenshot-2013-12-27-19-06-25.png%3Fw%3D210[/img]

Granted, I'm not sure he'll be here come draft day, but right now he's projected here. Athletic, has a decent variety of pass rush moves, good use or arms and leverage. Can play decently against the run. Needs some refinement, but I think he could do nicely under Rob Ryan.

Round 5:

WR Ryan Grant Tulane

If you've been paying attention, you should know I like Ryan Grant. Really nice prospect with a variety of skills. He just makes playing WR look easy.

Round 6:

TE Crockett Gilmore, Colorado State

Late entry into the Senior bowl, but did well with the chance. Primarily a blocker, but has some upside as a pass catcher. Should help gives us TE depth.

What do you guys think?

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
spanky3801

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward is good, but not there. I'd rather Beckham than Landry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: