Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints release Roman Harper, Jabari Greer, Will Smith, etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of corner is Jabari? the Vikings should be in the market for a decent #2 corner opposite Rhodes Island Cool

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"No! try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
What kind of corner is Jabari? the Vikings should be in the market for a decent #2 corner opposite Rhodes Island Cool

IMO at this point in his career he'd be best as a slot corner, or on a #2 WR if the opponent doesn't have a strong #2. He can get lost in space or on broken plays, but he's solid on short-mid routes.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:

He was a really good CB for us, started to slow down a good bit this year and obviously had a real nasty ACL injury. I honestly see him getting very little interest on the market and retiring, unfortunately. Sad way to see his very underrated career end.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
I could have swore Roman Harper had one really good year.

Didn't he record like 8 sacks one season? He also led the team with that number IIRC.

Always liked Harper, always seemed like a jack of all trades, master of none, kind of player. I'd love to have him play alongside Devin McCourty if he's got anything left in the tank.

He had a couple really good seasons, and has always been great in the red zone. I swear people saw him play against Seattle a few years back and now just think he's the worst safety in coverage of all time. Roman Harper had a really nice career. He'd be a great addition for a team like the Pats. He's got an extremely similar game to Rodney Harrison.

I'd like the Pats to look at Harper, although I'm not sure what use he'd be on this team with Harmon and Gregory playing across McCourty. I guess it'd be a good problem to have.

ELRammy
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think he's a turd, but wouldn't be opposed to Harper replacing Pollard if we let him walk. Or Greer to battle with Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Sensabaugh if Verner is gone.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

IMO at this point in his career he'd be best as a slot corner, or on a #2 WR if the opponent doesn't have a strong #2. He can get lost in space or on broken plays, but he's solid on short-mid routes.

The Vikings will actually be in the market for a slot CB and RCB. They have the LCB spot locked up with Xavier Rhodes.

If Greer can be a slot guy, id welcome him in MN. The Vikes still would need to add a starting RCB. Both Josh Robinson and Shaun Prater are more effective on the outside than in the slot so maybe one of those two can fill in at RCB.

Perhaps CB wouldnt be as pressing of a need with Rhodes, Prater/Robinson, and Greer as the top 4 if MN would prefer to focus on improving the front seven earlier in the draft/big money free agents.
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Jabari part of the bounty? I think he was. But if he really was, then he can stay out of Minnesota.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
Was Jabari part of the bounty? I think he was. But if he really was, then he can stay out of Minnesota.

At this point, I think the bounty has to be let go, if Greer is determined to be an upgrade over what we have.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:

Erm, I can't imagine how often a CB would be in position for big hits. I don't believe he was, nor should it really matter.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:

Erm, I can't imagine how often a CB would be in position for big hits. I don't believe he was, nor should it really matter.

*looks at the posters username*

Yeah.

Either way I still think he's a pretty decent CB and could be a nice slot corner, or maybe a #2 as long as he recovers from the ACL injury.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: