Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans bedrock players
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't jus narrow it down to 3 on each well atleast on the offensive side I wish I could say Locker but we can't but that is the most important position but winning formulas are QB C LT RT 2 playmakers in the passing game so I say Wright Hunter Schweneke Roos an Warmack for now on offense and Defense I feel right now any of our LBs can be replaced by someone in the upcoming draft I like Brown a lot but I feel like Ayers will be the more consistent Pro but McCourty Casey are the top 2 corner stones on defense. We still lack a consistent pass rusher who can get to the QB but Casey an McCourty are the only real anchors on defense right now until Pollards resigned which helps make a case for Griffin too

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go into week 1 with Shonn Greene as our #1 back I won't know what to think

very underwhelming

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedrock players to me are players we can build around and will likely become some of our best players. If I did a top 3 on each side, it would be...

Offense
1.) Kendall Wright - This is easy for me. He's easily our best player on offense. A playmaker from anywhere on the field.

2 & 3.) ? Huge question marks as of right now. Nobody else on offense has really been a consistent player for us and have a bright future. Chance and Schwenke had their moments last year where they showed they can dominate but they also showed a lot of inconsistencies especially in pass protection. Both need a lot of work on technique and hopefully new O-Line coach Bob Bostad will turn them into two stars and combined with Levitre turn them into arguably the best interior O-Line in the NFL. Delanie Walker was considered but he also has his mental lapses with drops. Don't get me wrong, he's far better than Cook and ill take Walker anyday but he had some really and drops last year. Roos has been a great player for us for many years but he has steadily declined the past couple years. Speed rushers are starting to fly by him and he's not dominating in the run-game as much any more. Still a good LT but far from the elite top 3 OT he once was. Justin Hunter flashed a rookie and definitely has the potential to be on this list eventually. However, he has a alot to learn and keeping WR coach Shawn Jefferson was huge IMO. Hunter's potential is through the roof. He honestly has the potential to be a top 5 WR in the league but that remains to be seen. Locker is a guy everyone wants to root for. He reminds me so much of a former Titan QB with his heart and toughness. People may think Jake is tough? What? Fact is, players now-a-days are held out a lot more than in past decades. He's run into some rough luck but when he's healthy, he's shown he can be a solid to good player. Needs to stay healthy for once and show some consistency but he definitely has a chance to be on this list.

Defense
1.) Jurrell Casey - This is a no-brainer just like Wright. Casey is a bonafide star and arguably the best DT in the league. With absolutely no other great players on the D-Line, Casey took on double and triple teams and still managed to get over 10 sacks. It remains to be seen what his role will be in the new defense but we need to build around him. Need to lock him up long term eventually.

2.) Jason McCourty - This is also a no-brainer. McCourty came from a 6th round pick in the 2009 NFL draft to a top 10 CB in the NFL. He got a big extension last season and couldn't of happened to a better person. Many people especially in this forum underate him because he's not the playmaker type CB. Fact is, he's more than that. He's one of the best run support CBs and rare misses a tackle. Yea he might get beat occasionally mostly on slant routes but rarely do you see him get beat deep. He's also a consistent player much like Casey and another player to build our secondary around.

3.) ? As of right now, their is no #3 bedrock defensive player. We have some solid players but that's what they are, solid players. They're not the players who we build our D around. These players are Morgan and Griffin. Then we have players who have great potential but haven't brought it out fully and they include Ayers and Brown. Ayers was downright horrible last year. Offered really nothing for us. Hopefully he feels right at home in the new scheme but if he has another down year, I'd say its time to move on. After lst year, Brown seems to look like one of those 1 hit wonder LBs we've had over the past couple of years(McCarthy, Ayers). Honestly think he can be that 3rd payer with the potential to move up higher if he puts in work and has his head on right. Blame last year on the coaches all you want but fact is, good players make plays regardless of the scheme. He had like 1 or 2 good games at the beginning of the year and fell off big time. Eventually even got benched due to him not following the scheme. I have a feeling he's going to love playing in Hortons scheme especially if its a 3-4 and he's playing a Daryl Washington role. I know he can put up 6 or more sacks a year in that defensive role. I didn't include FAs such as Pollard or Verner because we don't know if they'll be back or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: