Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SDC78 MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: SDC78 MOCK Reply with quote

DT Aaron Donald DE Kony Ealy and OL Zack Martin are off the board at #16 and Cleveland comes a calling after drafting QB Johnny Football at #4 and wanna land his stud WR Mike Evans.

Dallas trades #16 (1st) and #48 (2nd) to Cleveland for picks #26 (1st) #35 (2nd) and #71 (3rd)

#26 FS Calvin Pryor - finally a play making FS

#35 Traded to San Francisco for picks #56 n #61 in the 2nd round...the Niners watch WR Marqise Lee fall and pay dearly to land the talented WR

#56 Surprise Surprise...another 2nd round future curve ball pick...Dallas has a 1st round grade on this QB and resist trade offers to select QB Jimmy Garoppolo

#61 Not reaching for any lineman Dallas goes with a new toy for Tony in the electric pinball WR Brandin Cooks

Believing they only need a few pieces to overtake the Seahawks San Francisco once again trades up with Dallas swapping both of their 3rd round picks (#77 n #94) for #71 in the 3rd round Dallas got in the Cleveland trade...SF selects C Travis Swanson

Dallas now has 3 3rd round picks and doesnt waist any time rebuilding the D Line

#77 DE Kareem Martin

#79 DT Kelcy Quarles

#94 DT Dominique Easley

#110 OT-OG Dakota Dozier

#147 traded to Chicago for 2 #6 round picks (#167 n #175)

#167 DE Aaron Lynch

#175 RB De'Anthony Thomas

#206 DE Larry Webster

#209 OLB-DE Adrian Hubbard

#215 OLB-DE Tyler Starr

1) FS Calvin Pryor

2) QB Jimmy Garoppolo

2) WR Brandin Cooks

3) DE Kareem Martin

3) DT Kelcey Quarles

3) DT Dominique Easley

4) OL Dakota Dozier

6) DE Aaron Lynch

6) RB De'Anthony Thomas

7) DE Larry Webster

7) OLB Adrian Hubbard

7) OLB Tyler Starr

Peace
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not going to happen. The trade values don't even balance out.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

It's a MOCK, you can say that for every other Mock as well " It's not gonna happen"

You put some good thought into it , I like us taking a QB early ( especially if they plan to let him sit and learn ) I'd prefer they don't take a WR and good with a D lineman, but I could live with this draft Smile
muncy54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor is not what Dallas needs, he is a inconsistent tackler and honestly I have not saw a true ball hawk...a lot of ppl are raving about him so I may be wrong but I don't see it...To early for WR and QB But I do like the Easely and Lynch picks and the fact you added multiple picks...As bad as this Defense was they desperately need as many picks as possible,,,
Baixis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Pryor. Not sure why so many do. I've watched several of his game tapes (NOT highlights) and I just don't see it. He's not the ballhawk we need. He tackles like azz! Goes for the hit too often and totally misses. I would take Ward over him ALL DAY!
I'm intrigued by that QB, but don't want to use a 2nd rd on one.
Don't want another WR. I hate drafting WRs unless they are true #1 guys (only 2-3 guys in each draft IMO), or they are LATE rd fliers. Otherwise, BUY a bargain WR in FA.
I really like the Martin, Easley, and Lynch picks though! Quarles is solid if unspectacular and would be a nice rotational guy.
Lastly, I wouldn't touch Thomas. I believe he is smaller that Sproles, but he's going to end up like Ted Ginn, if he's lucky.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It's a MOCK, you can say that for every other Mock as well " It's not gonna happen"

Oh, so in other words, there's no point in trying to pose scenarios in which players are actually likely to be drafted by us or more reasonable trade compensation based on what generally happens in the draft. Rather, considering this is a "MOCK", we should just arbitrarily place any trade compensation and any players we want in it as opposed to situations with more likely outcomes.

No thought required for those parameters.

Northland wrote:
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Oh, so in other words, there's no point in trying to pose scenarios in which players are actually likely to be drafted by us or more reasonable trade compensation based on what generally happens in the draft. Rather, considering this is a "MOCK", we should just arbitrarily place any trade compensation and any players we want in it as opposed to situations with more likely outcomes.

No thought required for those parameters.

Sure, you can pose any scenario you want. but to say " Its not gonna happen, the trade value doesnt even out" Every team has their own trade value. Whose know. Maybe Clev does get Manziel and then really really wants Evans as he slips down the draft board, they nay be desperate enough to pull the trigger.

Was the trade value fair when Walker was traded to the Vikings??

Was the trade Value fair when the Saints traded everything for Ricky Williams??

Yes, it seems very unlikely that it will happen, but you never know, thats all im saying. Might as well not post anything if your only going to offer " iTs not gonna happen" Just an observation, not trying to be rude, dont get all [inappropriate/removed] about it Smile
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. You mention the two trades which every GM in the league admits were two of the worst trades in the history of the NFL to support your example. Two trades which teams systematically avoid like cancer with respect to compensation because of how lopsided they were. Two trades which also occurred 25 and 15 years ago, respectively. And, you conveniently managed to avoid mentioning or acknowledging any of the thousands of other draft day trades where the compensation was more in concert with the draft spots. Kudos once again on your absurdly warped perspectives of trades and how they work.

Again, if someone is going to make a mock draft - especially one with trades - it should be reasonable with respect to the compensation involved in the trade and who the players will be. That's called being intellectually honest and using the information we have to make the most reasonable statements possible.

Think of it this way: it's utterly ridiculous to think that Jadeveon Clowney will fall to our pick. But, say he has bad stomach cramps during the combine, poops his pants and then trips over his feet during his 40 yard dash time. It's possible that teams will shy away from him because he's clumsy and smells bad, right?

Exactly. Wrong. Why? Because it isn't going to happen, regardless of how "possible" it can be even though "funny things have happened before!"

Northland wrote:

Last edited by plan9misfit on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nice. You mention the two trades which every GM in the league admits were two of the worst trades in the history of the NFL to support your example. Two trades which teams systematically avoid like cancer with respect to compensation because of how lopsided they were. Two trades which also occurred 25 and 15 years ago, respectively. And, you conveniently managed to avoid mentioning or acknowledging any of the thousands of other draft day trades where the compensation was more in concert with the draft spots. Kudos once again on your absurdly warped perspectives of trades and how they work.

Again, if someone is going to make a mock draft - especially one with trades - it should be reasonable with respect to the compensation involved in the trade and who the players will be. That's called being intellectually honest and using the information we have to make the most reasonable statements possible.

Geez Plan, like I said , it's just an example of even if it's an absurd trade, It could happen! What part of that you not get? There were some on here that said we didn't get fair trade value on the Frederick deal even though I thought the deal was fair, others don't, it's what a person perceives to be fair. What you think is fair is not what someone else thinks. Anyhow, it's a freaking MOCK, No one was is going to correctly pick all of our draft picks. I give him Credit for taking the time to do one, I do t bother with them , but that's just me. I know how a trade works, I also know even once I. A blue moon, some GM makes a stupid trade, off to lunch, your giving me tired head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: