Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rev's mock 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revenant04

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Rev's mock 2.0 Reply with quote

In my new version I assume that we keep Ware and are very close up against the cap.

Cuts
Parnell
Durant
Orton
Bernadeau
Austin

Restructure
Romo
Witten
Lee
Scandrick
Costa takes a paycut to stay as backup

Free Agent
Grossman

We trade our 1st (17th) and 2nd (48th) for Cleveland's second 1st (26th), 2nd (35th), and second 3rd (83rd)

I also assume we get three comp picks in the 7th round.
We use our 7th and one of the other 7ths we got to trade up in the 7th

Draft and off season and season predictions
1. Mike Evans drops due to slow 4o time, possibly even into second round.
2. Mike Evans makes every team that passed on him look like fools within 2 seasons.
3. Crawford puts on weight and becomes our starting 3 tech, backed up by Hayden this year and Brent next year.
4. Minnesota trades up to the Second overall pick as St. Louis sticks it to Cleveland by not accepting their trade offer again.
5. Jacksonville takes Clowney or trades out allowing the third "best" qb to slide to Cleveland.
6. If a qb is drafted by Cleveland in the first we should start drafting his sports obituary.
7. Wilbur becomes starting SAM
8. The first "what were they thinking" move questioned in the draft will be about the New Orleans Saints
9. Six wide receivers will be taken in the first round and up to two tight ends
10. Pittsburgh despite having a declining defense will take an offensive player in the first round.

Dallas Draft
1. Calvin Pryor FS
Is an explanation really necessary.

2. Aaron Donald DT
See number 1.

3. Gabe Jackson OG
Cutting Berny makes this a priority

3. Brandon Coleman WR
Tall receiver to balance out our short ones.

4. Kareem Martin DE
Depth and competition with Selvy. Also Ware wont be here much longer.

5. Chris Watt OG
Needed depth. Hopefully Free wont have to move inside if there is an injury.

7. Antonio Andrews RB
Gets on the practice squad and will hopefully develop in case we let Murry walk.

7. Marquis Flowers LB
Someone to develop at wlb.

7. Cornelius Lucas T
Can compete with Weems for backup spot. Worst case scenario, he is on practice squad in hopes that he develops.

7. Larry Webster DE
Again, with Ware and Selvie not being here much longer developing depth is a key.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just comment on the draft, not the predictions.

An interesting trade back, and I like it if it allows us to grab Donald early in the 2nd.

1. This would be an interesting selection here. Obviously we have invested a lot of mid round picks into trying to find a safety, but we haven't found a true "playmaking" safety. I think Pryor can be that guy. Allow Wilcox to develop behind Church, and once he is ready to take over I like our future safety combo.

2. Love it. Perfect 3 tech for our system.

3. Another solid pick. I'm a fan of Jackson. Massive body but has quicker feet than most people realize. I think he'd be a great fit at LG.

3. Not a fan of this one. I like the idea of bringing in another receiver, because I'm a little worried if one of Dez or Williams goes down. I don't think Beasley or Harris can play outside on a consistent basis. But I don't like Coleman very much. He's tall, but doesn't high point the ball. Can get outmuscled by smaller corners. If we go WR, I'd rather grab a guy like Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant, maybe even Jared Abbrederis.

4. This is a pick I like. I think he has great tools, and could develop into a pretty decent pass rusher. Not a stud, but can play the run well and get the occasional sack.

5. I don't really understand this pick to be honest with you. We already took one guard, and I would rather just keep Bernadeau to compete for the RG spot. I don't think we should create another hole.

7. Solid RB depth. Nice pick

7. Not very familiar with him, but I like taking a LB here if we don't take one earlier.

7. Not a huge fan but in the 7th round I don't mind taking a gamble with Lucas.

7. Really good pick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rev's mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Revenant04 wrote:

Dallas Draft
1. Calvin Pryor FS
Is an explanation really necessary.

2. Aaron Donald DT
See number 1.

3. Gabe Jackson OG
Cutting Berny makes this a priority

3. Brandon Coleman WR
Tall receiver to balance out our short ones.

4. Kareem Martin DE
Depth and competition with Selvy. Also Ware wont be here much longer.

5. Chris Watt OG
Needed depth. Hopefully Free wont have to move inside if there is an injury.

7. Antonio Andrews RB
Gets on the practice squad and will hopefully develop in case we let Murry walk.

7. Marquis Flowers LB
Someone to develop at wlb.

7. Cornelius Lucas T
Can compete with Weems for backup spot. Worst case scenario, he is on practice squad in hopes that he develops.

7. Larry Webster DE
Again, with Ware and Selvie not being here much longer developing depth is a key.

1. Like Pryor a lot. I believe a loaded Dline will make our secondary look better, so I don't feel FS is as big a priority as most. Good pick in about the right position.
2. Trade down in the first, and trade up in the 2nd to take Donald. I did the same thing in my mock, so I'd be an idiot to criticize.
3a. Gabe Jackson. Has skills similar to Warford from last year and I wanted us to take Warford in the 2nd, so I'm fine with this pick. If he could drop some weight and not lose strength, he could be a real find in our ZBS.
3b. Coleman. May be a little too early for him, and I'd prefer to get more dline help early.
4. Martin. I took him in the late 3rd, so if we get him in the 4th, that would be great.
5. Watt. Not a bad pick, but I would prefer someone with a shot to play RT, when Free leaves after this year.
7. Flowers. Know nothing about him.
7. Lucas. Would much rather have a G prospect here, and a T prospect where you took Watt.
7. Webster. Tall guy with frame to add weight. Always like to get Marinelli some athletic projects.

Good job overall. Appreciate the thought and effort.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mock draft. Really think Pryor can be the piece Dallas desperately needs to solidify it's secondary.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Great mock draft. Really think Pryor can be the piece Dallas desperately needs to solidify it's secondary.

A secondary is utterly worthless and irrelevant without a strong defensive line. The reason Seattle's secondary is as good as it is isn't just due to the talent back there. They get a ton of help from the d-line which allow them to do the things they do. Our d-line sucks. So unless every d-lineman of relative value is gone, I wouldn't look at a Safety to start with.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

A secondary is utterly worthless and irrelevant without a strong defensive line. The reason Seattle's secondary is as good as it is isn't just due to the talent back there. They get a ton of help from the d-line which allow them to do the things they do. Our d-line sucks. So unless every d-lineman of relative value is gone, I wouldn't look at a Safety to start with.

Yep. A good, deep DL instantly improves any secondary.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

I definitely don't disagree with this. But if the choice came down to a playmaker at safety, or just a solid DL, then I'll take the playmaker.

I think, however, we won't be faced with that choice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

This. The best thing we can do for our investments(Mo, Carr, Church, Wilcox) is create pressure up front.
Revenant04

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I'll just comment on the draft, not the predictions.

5. I don't really understand this pick to be honest with you. We already took one guard, and I would rather just keep Bernadeau to compete for the RG spot. I don't think we should create another hole.

I agree and would like to keep Berny, but I couldnt make it work cap wise. Maybe with extra cap space or if he takes a pay cut I could find a way to keep him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

This. The best thing we can do for our investments(Mo, Carr, Church, Wilcox) is create pressure up front.

I agree, but I honestly dont like any of the DEs in the first round (that would be around at our pick). I also dont think we take two DTs in a row.

Since I wont take two DTs in a row, and if I were not going to take Pryor, I would probably look at oline or wlb, but I felt Pryor had too much value to pass up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind Pryor in the 1st...he could be that missing piece in the secondary...and i agree a great D line will make the secondary look better but u still have to have play makers back there...getten Donald in the 2nd may be a bit of wishful thinking...he is almost certainly a 1st round pick maybe as high as Chicago so unless ur willing to pull the trigger on him in the middle of the first dont count on him being there in the second and i personally like OT-OG Dakota Dozier more than OG Gave Jackson...line versatile and a better athlete i believe

Peace
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revenant04 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

I agree, but I honestly dont like any of the DEs in the first round (that would be around at our pick). I also dont think we take two DTs in a row.

Since I wont take two DTs in a row, and if I were not going to take Pryor, I would probably look at oline or wlb, but I felt Pryor had too much value to pass up.

It depends on the value. As I said, if all of the DTs of relative value are gone, then you take the BPA. But if the values between the DTs and other positions are equal, then take the position which also fills the greatest need. Plus, this class is decent at Safety in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's not a spectacular class, but it's pretty good. And, in my opinion, Dion Bailey is one of the better Safeties in this class who fits the Tampa 2 defense pretty well given his skill set.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: