Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you could bring in 1 FA...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
32houchen32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin. A journeymen vet that has skill sets that we could use.

Retain cotch. That shouldn't be to big of a problem, considering the fact he likes it here. But he did have a solid year
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
While I agree in terms of talent, Veldheer I have trouble believing isnt a HGH guy or roider(not saying he is, just that I wouldnt be shocked) and am worried about issues that could arise there.

well, I'd bet $100 that he is juicing

of course, I don't hold that against him and think that the majority of NFL players are

lord knows I would.

43Mafia wrote:
Im fine giving our current group another year and hope Adams can develop under Munch. Id rather see us target one of the top FA CBs or Brandon Spikes.

yeah, agreed.

43Mafia wrote:
Jarius Byrd is a pipe dream, so I wont mention him.

that's a shame though, because he SHOULDN'T be a pipe dream.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given recent years, I think we should just narrow the list of FA's the team will look at to guys Colbert drafted and left. The whole point of building through the draft is to avoid overpaying guys. The Steelers are fine overpaying their own players, though.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
While I agree in terms of talent, Veldheer I have trouble believing isnt a HGH guy or roider(not saying he is, just that I wouldnt be shocked) and am worried about issues that could arise there.

of course, I don't hold that against him and think that the majority of NFL players are

lord knows I would..

Its less about the ethical morality of doing it and more about the physical and legal issues of it.

I would just be worried about giving him a huge contract is all I am saying. If we could get him for like, 3 years, Id do it. 5-6 years would scare me.

Anyway...the Raiders have tons of money, so I seriously doubt he hits FA unless he cares more about winning than he does about getting rich.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verner from the Titans...cutting Ike saves $7 mill...no issues just giving that to Verner.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

lord knows I would..

Its less about the ethical morality of doing it and more about the physical and legal issues of it.

I would just be worried about giving him a huge contract is all I am saying. If we could get him for like, 3 years, Id do it. 5-6 years would scare me.

Anyway...the Raiders have tons of money, so I seriously doubt he hits FA unless he cares more about winning than he does about getting rich.

AH, Ok then, I gotcha. Agreed on all points
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert or Byrd.

both are instant upgrades for 5 years at positions that are hard to draft well
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Monroe isn't all that great. If we go after a FA LT, it should be Veldheer (if healthy) or Albert or Jordan Gross.

With Munchak (good hire for a change) OL coach, do you think he will have say in who they bring in? Anyone hear about what players in UFA he would consider bringing into the organization?
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Verner from the Titans...cutting Ike saves $7 mill...no issues just giving that to Verner.

Taylor is set here for life, so that ends this . Too bad this team has such loyalty to players that should be replaced. Keisel will be back no doubt.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Taylor is set here for life, so that ends this . Too bad this team has such loyalty to players that should be replaced. Keisel will be back no doubt.

While they do show loyalty to players, they have let several go over the years....including favorites such as Faneca, Porter and Harrison.

Ike will definitely be back if they can afford him, but if they need cap relief and he holds his ground like Harrison did, he could be gone.

Regardless of how much money we had, we likely wouldnt pay much for a FA CB.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Monroe isn't all that great. If we go after a FA LT, it should be Veldheer (if healthy) or Albert or Jordan Gross.

With Munchak (good hire for a change) OL coach, do you think he will have say in who they bring in? Anyone hear about what players in UFA he would consider bringing into the organization?

He will likely have a say, for sure....but its not as simple as him wanting it and getting it.

It will be a matter of who he likes on our roster currently, who he would like to get, and that pros and cons of going after a certain player, either in the draft or FA.

At this point, my guess is Munchak is watch endless amounts of gametape to see what we CURRENTLY have, and we will likely have no idea how he feels until FA and the draft starts. If we target OLine early, its probably because he didnt like what we had at a certain position.

If we go to zone blocking, I could see him wanting to replace Foster and Gilbert.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alterraun Verner
Arthur Jones
Tyson Jackson
BJ Raji
Cam Thomas
Brandon Spikes
DRC
Sam Shields
Mike Jenkins
Major Wright

All these players will get looks or potentially resigned, but I believe each brings value to the Steelers. Either as a key reserve or with the ability to come in and play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: