Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RB's behind Bell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: RB's behind Bell Reply with quote

Who do you want? Does Dwyer and LSH stay?

Any free agents you would like? Tate would be nice! Laughing But what about a guy like MJD... I know thats not the Steeler style to bring in a high profile guy like that unless the price is really cheap but if he has anything left I'd love him in Black N Gold. A hype dream I know but I am allowed to dream Wink

But are there any free agents or late round draft picks you would like to see on our roster?

Predict our 4 RBs for 2014.

1. L. Bell

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF he isn't tendered, maybe Jordan Todman. He is a restricted free agent so he'll likely be tendered by the Jaguars, but if he isn't, the kid has some speed. Could be a decent change of pace prospect for the backfield.

In terms of draftees, maybe Marion Grice or James Wilder Jr. I'd even say Terence West but he'll be drafted much higher than he should be imo.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind bringing back Dwyer on a short deal. Hopefully he's in shape. He runs pretty angry and I enjoy it.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. LeVeon Bell
2. Jonathan Dwyer (if in shape), otherwise Felix Jones
3. LSH or rookie with wiggle
4. Low cost FA or UDFA

In my opinion, at least one of the backs from this past season will be back, and they could possibly draft someone in rounds 4-7.
mwalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need some diversity in our backfield. I think some speed would be nice, and a slasher type runner to compliment.

1 L.Bell
2 J.Dwyer
3. someone like James White from Wisconsin, in the 5-7 round area (be nice if they also returned kicks)
4 lo-cost FA, LSHowling or UDFA (Storm Johnson?)
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the Steelers success at late round RB's, I'm more for avoiding the throw away pick to try and find that 'compliment.' I would be fine going into the season with Bell/Dwyer as the top two, and either Jones/LSH as the third on the cheap.

Bell was drafted to be a 3rd down guy, and he is going to excel at it. I love how little talk he got from the rest of the league while Lacy was being named All-Pro. I think the Steelers made the right choice between these two. Dwyer has some ability as a guy to give him a breather.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Considering the Steelers success at late round RB's, I'm more for avoiding the throw away pick to try and find that 'compliment.' I would be fine going into the season with Bell/Dwyer as the top two, and either Jones/LSH as the third on the cheap.

Bell was drafted to be a 3rd down guy, and he is going to excel at it. I love how little talk he got from the rest of the league while Lacy was being named All-Pro. I think the Steelers made the right choice between these two. Dwyer has some ability as a guy to give him a breather.

I agree for the most part, but you cant really point to the success of late round RBs since late rounders at most positions are usually scrubs. On top of that, we got Dwyer in the 6th and Willie Parker was a UDFA....and who knows what Batch couldve been if not for his injury.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm over Dwyer you never know if he is going to turn up in shape so I just don't trust him. I think if you can get Felix Jones on the cheap you keep him.

I think they give LSH another shot. So I really don't see much change at all.

I'd personally try and draft another later round guy and see if he sticks as back up, someone like Wilder if he is there in the 5th/6th.

How I think it will pan out.

1. Bell
2. Dwyer/Jones/Wilder Jr
3. LSH/D'Anthony Thomas/Dri Archer
4. Alvester Alexander/Miguest Maysonet/Tauren Poole/UDFA

So yeah pretty much what FourThreeMafia said lol
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Bell
2. Dwyer
3. Winner of the LSH/Maysonet battle
4. Rookie
Like it or not this is your backfield (IMO).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
1. Bell
2. Dwyer
4. Rookie

I have no issue with it, but if Dwyer showed up out of shape again, I dont think he would stay.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
1. Bell
2. Dwyer
4. Rookie

I have no issue with it, but if Dwyer showed up out of shape again, I dont think he would stay.

You'd hope not but he's come in out of shape every year (including Rookie year). Until they stumble across a better option he'll be on the roster. If they carry 4 that assumes a Rookie AND a FA beats him out. That seems less likely to me. Fat or not. Hopefully this year something changes (i.e. he comes into camp in shape or they find a better option).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: