Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Draft Discussion 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
RW3 should have been a first rounder, but Kaep and Brady were drafted on their potential/risk. That doesn't excuse reaching on a QB.

1. Once again, aren't you a fan of Manziel? And you're against drafting a guy based on potential/risk?

2. If you draft someone on potential/risk, and it works out and you get a stud, it absolutely does excuse/justify the pick.

If the Patriots would have drafted Brady in the 1st that year instead of the 6th, and if he would have had the exact same career, absolutely no one would be knocking that pick now.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a Carr thread where you could all make your same points over and over, and others could talk about lots of players here....aren't you guys tired of making the same points over and over?
vikes28peterson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I wish there was a Carr thread where you could all make your same points over and over, and others could talk about lots of players here....aren't you guys tired of making the same points over and over?

Agreed it's getting tiring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

What's stopping you from talking about other players?
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes28peterson wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Agreed it's getting tiring

I cannot keep track of this draft thread anymore because of how much Carr crap is on here. Very old. And we still have months until the draft....

Maybe a separate thread just for QB draft prospects..?

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

What's stopping you from talking about other players?

Well, by the time I say something, there is a full page of Carr talk burying the lead. It's really about reading it over and over. Do what you all want, but I can't see how they are still having fun at this point.
joru1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Carr would be the first QB on this roster since the 2009 version of Brett Favre, with actual all-around arm talent.

I miss arm talent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the ideal prospect and position the Vikings should go after if don't want a LB or QB at pick #8? There's a good chance a couple of the QB's will be gone. Rick may not want to pick Carr/Bortles/ Manziel and LB Mack could be gone also. Barr is more of a 3-4 LB and CJ Molsey being so thin might not fit what Zimmer likes in his MLB.
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they don't go lb or qb, I would say either corner or DT. I would love to trade down and grab either Nix or Dennard. Nix would give is thre physical presence in the middle, and dennard would give the other starting outside who could play mainly press-man coverage.

Don't think they will draft either, but wanted to throw other names out instead of the ones we have previously discussed

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_vikingfan wrote:
What would be the ideal prospect and position the Vikings should go after if don't want a LB or QB at pick #8? There's a good chance a couple of the QB's will be gone. Rick may not want to pick Carr/Bortles/ Manziel and LB Mack could be gone also. Barr is more of a 3-4 LB and CJ Molsey being so thin might not fit what Zimmer likes in his MLB.

CB - Dennard or Gilbert
NT - Nix
OG - Robinson
WR - Evans or Watkins
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_vikingfan wrote:

It's imperative we go BPA then. I would Greg Robinson, Ra'Shede Hageman, Mike Evans, or Sammy Watkins.
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Bruce Feldman:

Quote:
Got to see #Texas A&M WR Mike Evans train this wk in CA. Knew he was tough & had good hands. Didn't realize he had so much explosiveness.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful about picking on the Lions guys, lol . . . I don't think they'll be laughing stock this year.

Stafford is a really good QB

To get off the QB . . . assessments Rolling Eyes Maybe we should discuss how Walsh was so horrible last year . . . .Let's spend a 2nd on a kicker? Laughing

Just kiddin'

I still hold strong that MLB or LG should be the 1st round pick ------ unless the Vikes lose both Allen and Griffen, then we better look at DE.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

I'm tired of the excuses, this is Ponder 2.0 coming outta FSU.

Even if all other aspects of their game were the same (and they aren't), Carr still has a substantially better (not a little better, not a bit better, a substantial amount better) arm than Poner, and that's not something that can be ignored.
And that's literally it. It was the same story for Ponder. Great guy off the field. Played games with injury all season. Had a great senior bowl. Family dude. Very smart. High IQ. He's Ponder with an arm guys; I'd argue Ponder is still a better pure passer when it comes to the intermediate game. Carr can't hit a receiver in stride to save his life, every ball he throws the receiver has to adjust unless it's a screen pass or a deep ball in the bread basket.

Anybody who is a great guy off field, has played through an injury before, and possesses a high IQ is now very much the same player as Christian Ponder?

Lol this is just plain obnoxious man, Ponder and Carr are just about polar opposites.

Those are great assets; what I'm saying is don't let those distract you from the on field play. This kid has amazing stats, but fails the "eye test" if you will. If he can improve his foot work, throwing motion/delivery, and work on hitting receivers in the right windows, this kid could be Brett fricken Favre. But he's not. He's a huge project. I wouldn't touch a project past the mid second round.

Wasn't Brett Favre a huge project coming into the NFL?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dc_vikingfan wrote:

If Mack is gone, and we are not going QB, then I think our next most pressing area of concern is CB, adn I would go with Dennard all day. IMO, he is a lock down press man corner and that is exactly the fit for Zimmer's defense, plus he is a big body, so he can cover the tall receivers in the NFC north well.

I know Robinson has been mentioned, and I suppose he could be an option, though even with Charlie Johnson, our O-line wasn't horrible. We still have more glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball.

If we are not taking a QB or Mack at #8, I think the best play is to take Dennard, or do what we can to drop back a few spots, then go BPA.

Also, would not consider Nix to be an option at #8, I think he is heavily overrated, and a late 1st round pick, definitely not a top 10 selection.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 74 of 100

Jump to: