Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KeystoneViking's Mock w/ Analysis 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Bishop was playing good ball before he got hurt this year ...

Not confident with going into the season w/ him as a starter though.
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm very aware of how compensatory picks are awarded. Only once in the last ten years have they added more than 5 compensatory picks based on record. That was the lockout year in which there was very little player movement the year prior due to the looming lockout (13 picks were awarded that year). So, the lack of player movement forced an addition of record based compensatory picks.

That would leave the Vikings on the outside looking in for a compensatory pick

Oh okay, for some reason I thought that there was usually 9 or 10 awarded. I remember the Vikings missed out on a 7th round compensatory pick by one pick the year they took Ponder 12th; but, as you said, that was the lockout year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only trade up for a franchise player and that's not Teddy Bridgewater. If we traded all that I would expect to come away with Clowney.
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
You only trade up for a franchise player and that's not Teddy Bridgewater. If we traded all that I would expect to come away with Clowney.

In your opinion he is not; in mine he is. From what I've seen of him (3-4 draftbreakdown videos) I believe his floor is Sam Bradford and ceiling is Aaron Rodgers -- and with his work ethic I have no reason to beleive he will not reach his ceiling.
FWIW I would never trade up for a guy like Jadeveon Clowney. I'm not saying he will bust, there is just a lot of risk there and I feel he's a tad overhyped.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a fan of Munnerlyn and Sims. I think Cook will at least get to compete on the outside with Robinson and Robert Blanton was a very good nickel corner for us! Sims is only a 2 down NT who is lazy and often out of shape. Use the Munnerlyn and Simms money on a 3 down NT like Linval Joseph. Joseph is a freak of nature for how big he is! Look at his combine numbers! He was faster than Suh and McCoy, but I think Atkins was a little faster. He has at least 20 lbs on those guys though.

I love bringing in Jenkins!

I agree with the players you retained even though I would prefer Michael Johnson to Everson Griffen I would be happy with either.

The draft is great and I love trading up for Bridgewater. I think we would only need to trade up to for though; which would be way cheaper. I think the Browns will trade with the Texans or Rams. Then we can trade with whoever is at 4.

Teddy Bridgewater is absolutely a franchise QB and someone that you can build around. My roommate is from Louisville and made me watch every game this year. Even in the one game they lost he still looked elite and the loss was more of a reflection of the defense playing poorly! It baffles me how Bortles and Manziel are getting more hype than him, but I'm not complaining if it means there is a chance of him falling.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
I'm not really a fan of Munnerlyn and Sims. I think Cook will at least get to compete on the outside with Robinson and Robert Blanton was a very good nickel corner for us! Sims is only a 2 down NT who is lazy and often out of shape. Use the Munnerlyn and Simms money on a 3 down NT like Linval Joseph. Joseph is a freak of nature for how big he is! Look at his combine numbers! He was faster than Suh and McCoy, but I think Atkins was a little faster. He has at least 20 lbs on those guys though.

I agree with the players you retained even though I would prefer Michael Johnson to Everson Griffen I would be happy with either.

The draft is great and I love trading up for Bridgewater. I think we would only need to trade up to for though; which would be way cheaper. I think the Browns will trade with the Texans or Rams. Then we can trade with whoever is at 4.

Teddy Bridgewater is absolutely a franchise QB and someone that you can build around. My roommate is from Louisville and made me watch every game this year. Even in the one game they lost he still looked elite and the loss was more of a reflection of the defense playing poorly! It baffles me how Bortles and Manziel are getting more hype than him, but I'm not complaining if it means there is a chance of him falling.

Agreed, he's one of the top 5 QB prospects in the last ten years! To me, he's African American Matt Ryan

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
kparty69 wrote:

Agreed, he's one of the top 5 QB prospects in the last ten years! To me, he's African American Matt Ryan

i could go for a Matt Ryan caliber qb on the Vikings

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap Munnerlyn is a drastically undervalued defender. Bricks and mortor type of player that any defense needs. As a slot/complimentary #2, he has tremendous value to a team.

I don't necessarily agree with the whole draft, but I can greatly appreciate that you nailed the round valuation of the players as close to what reality would indicate to us at this point. If Teddy Bridgewater fell to us - which he won't - I'd bite, but in a top heavy QB class with fewer assurances than years passed, I'll sit and evaluate who's available instead.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkavikes27 wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:
kparty69 wrote:

What's sad is I know people who wont' think he'll succeed or win a SB because he's a black QB Brick wall

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
tonkavikes27 wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:
kparty69 wrote:

What's sad is I know people who wont' think he'll succeed or win a SB because he's a black QB Brick wall

You seriously know people who think that?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

why are you guys even entertaining the thought of having a discussion along this line?

Confused

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jshowers wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

why are you guys even entertaining the thought of having a discussion along this line?

Confused

Ohhhhh, I'm not going into detail don't worry Very Happy But yes, unfortunately I do...

jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJpillz317 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
jshowers wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

Confused

Ohhhhh, I'm not going into detail don't worry Very Happy But yes, unfortunately I do...

Yeah, no need to go into detail/discussion. I hope everyone can recognize that opinion as ridiculous.

Just show em a picture of Russell Wilson Wink
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, guys...

the rules we all agreed to abide by when signing up don't say not to discuss a taboo topic in detail, they say not to discuss it:

Webmaster wrote:
Forum Rules

8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we aren't going into further discussion. It was a brief mention. Happens all the time on the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: