Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Awesome Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I change my sig now Laughing Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

LOL, it's very early. With a new GM in place that changes the game. He's calling the shots draft wise. I feel confident that Tedford will lobby for Carr, but Licht has to be on board.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

LOL, it's very early. With a new GM in place that changes the game. He's calling the shots draft wise. I feel confident that Tedford will lobby for Carr, but Licht has to be on board.

If you look at Licht's history he definitely understands the importance of a good QB. From seeing Brady in NE to the ups and downs with Philly in past years after McNabb went downhill to the mess in Arizona after Warner retired. If he doesn't think Glennon is the guy them I fully expect him to make a move to get his guy. Lovie will be with him as well as Tedford having some input but ultimately Licht will mortgage future picks and decide who is worthy of a trade up as well as make that call over Lovie if he sees fit. Though I see him and Lovie working together. Bottom line, our chance of a new QB goes up with Licht becoming out GM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
who said Tedford is a QB guru? I feel like every teams new hire is some kind of "guru".

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/01/02/audio-mike-pawlawski-jeff-tedford-is-a-qb-guru-that-likes-to-run-the-ball/

Quote:
Despite being a QB guru, Pawlawski says Tedford likes to run the ball

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9544:&Itemid=15

Quote:
Tedford has made his name in college football as a quarterback guru

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308852/article/jeff-tedford-hired-to-be-tampa-bay-buccaneers-oc

Quote:
The quarterback guru spent 11 years coaching the University of California

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-frazier-theres-the-making-of-a-good-defense-here/2161163

Quote:
Known as a quarterback guru, Tedford said Wednesday that he was impressed with the body of work by rookie Mike Glennon.

It's not that I doubted you deuces Very Happy

But really I don't like relying on these guru coaches to make a star out of someone it usually just doesn't work out like that.

But for the record I do think we should stick with Glennon for next year and load up the offense
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft. I like Carr much more than the QB's the BUCs have drafted in the past: Glennon, Freeman, King, Dilfer, Gradkowski, Simms, Johnson.

If we really like a QB I think we need to jump on that, it is obvious that the perennial playoff contenders have a Franchise QB. On the other hand if that isn't available we should go defense like Mack or Barr. A Franchise QB combined with a dominant defense and a great coach is the best way to achieve success in the NFL imo. Hopefully we go into next season with 2 out of the 3.

I love the Cooks pick, but I don't think he is there at our 2nd rounder. Lately it seems there is a run of WR's at the end of the 1st and I think that trend continues with Cooks being in that mix.

Adding Allen would be a dream come true, makes a lot of sense. Adding Tillman would be nice but I wonder if that would conflict with Revis, Revis obviously wanting to play more man, Tillman a classic Cover-2 corner. Not a big deal but I wonder what our plans are, play-calling wise, on Defense.

The dream scenario is coming out of this draft with a franchise QB that Tedford can work with and finding a pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: