Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Seattle’s dominance should mean for the Saints...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Sounds like Mickey intends of having some money to spend this offseason...

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-with-Mickey-Loomis/72733e20-4cdf-4108-b5a6-407fc4b40a85

One on One with Mickey Loomis, at the 3:30-4:10 mark Loomis makes a clear statement that his intention is to not only adjust the cap situation but that he intends on improving the roster.

Very encouraging

Easy to say it, harder to do it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-with-Mickey-Loomis/72733e20-4cdf-4108-b5a6-407fc4b40a85

One on One with Mickey Loomis, at the 3:30-4:10 mark Loomis makes a clear statement that his intention is to not only adjust the cap situation but that he intends on improving the roster.

Very encouraging

I think it's an indication that there is going to be some surprising / unexpected cuts as well as allowing players to leave via free agency without much effort to keep'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

I think it's an indication that there is going to be some surprising / unexpected cuts as well as allowing players to leave via free agency without much effort to keep'em.

Theirs no surprising cuts that would save us money though...And the only guy we let go that would be surprising is Graham.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

Theirs no surprising cuts that would save us money though...And the only guy we let go that would be surprising is Graham.

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet... My only hope for this offseason is a continued youth movement.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet... My only hope for this offseason is a continued youth movement.

Who would we bring in that would make it worth losing Graham? That would be a very poor move by Loomis.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're gonna spend, I wonder if we could afford Talib + Nicks. Then go S (Joyner or Pryor) in the 1st and WR in the second.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

Who would we bring in that would make it worth losing Graham? That would be a very poor move by Loomis.

No, no, no... Didn't mean let Graham walk! Just that letting some aging veterans go might end up being addition by subtraction. Wanna continue to see an influx of youth and young guys get their opportunity. Guys like Toon, Robinson & Lelito.

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

No, no, no... Didn't mean let Graham walk! Just that letting some aging veterans go might end up being addition by subtraction. Wanna continue to see an influx of youth and young guys get their opportunity. Guys like Toon, Robinson & Lelito.

Oh I agree. What I'm saying is, other than obvious cuts like Moore, Greer, Smith, Sproles, Harper, maybe Bunkley and Thomas. Theirs no one we could really cut that would save us money. Guys like Lofton, Hawthorne and Colston would all cost us money to cut.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

Oh I agree. What I'm saying is, other than obvious cuts like Moore, Greer, Smith, Sproles, Harper, maybe Bunkley and Thomas. Theirs no one we could really cut that would save us money. Guys like Lofton, Hawthorne and Colston would all cost us money to cut.

Well if you look at my mock, we cleared what was it like 33 million in cap space without making too many moves that push a lot of money back, but there was also a lot of veterans cut that you might not expect.

Also if we move on from Graham it would have to be in a tag and trade as I doubt they just let him leave.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Very encouraging

Well if you look at my mock, we cleared what was it like 33 million in cap space without making too many moves that push a lot of money back, but there was also a lot of veterans cut that you might not expect.

Also if we move on from Graham it would have to be in a tag and trade as I doubt they just let him leave.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: