Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Tom wants to coach past 2014:

http://www.giants101.com/2014/01/24/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-says-he-wants-to-coach-well-beyond-2014/

I'm alright with this as long as he continues to push our guys like he has in the past.

We the North
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Tom wants to coach past 2014:

http://www.giants101.com/2014/01/24/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-says-he-wants-to-coach-well-beyond-2014/

I'm alright with this as long as he continues to push our guys like he has in the past.

He still gets the team fired up to play...I mean, 0-6 start and we ended up with 7 wins. We all know the offense is broken and the O-line was horrid. He still got the team to be competitive end of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be opposed to extending Coughlin. He has his flaws like other head coaches, but his ability to motivate the team and make sure that they are fundamentally sound is fantastic. He's certainly an asset for this organization.

While I do feel that much of the failure this season was due to poor roster construction, it would be short-sighted to not hold the coaching staff accountable. Gilbride was mostly to blame in that department and the Giants already let him go.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn’t find a random thought threat here but I’m looking for a little info from some Syracuse fans…when Paul Pasqualoni was HC did he run a 4-3 D or a 3-4 D? Thanks in advance for any info.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I couldn’t find a random thought threat here but I’m looking for a little info from some Syracuse fans…when Paul Pasqualoni was HC did he run a 4-3 D or a 3-4 D? Thanks in advance for any info.

Paul P ran a 4-3 for at least the last few years at Syracuse.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see this coming, Osi says Tuck should try to stay with Giants, seemingly regrets leaving:

http://www.giants101.com/2014/02/01/osi-umenyiora-has-advised-justin-tuck-to-do-whatever-he-can-to-stay-with-new-york-giants/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys lost Ware and Hatcher, and Spencer is a free agent. I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan, especially when it comes to the NFCE, but I can't think of a single defensive lineman on the Cowboys roster off the top of my head.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The Cowboys lost Ware and Hatcher, and Spencer is a free agent. I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan, especially when it comes to the NFCE, but I can't think of a single defensive lineman on the Cowboys roster off the top of my head.

A defense that played poorly last year, I could only imagine how dreadful they will be this year.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Only one that comes to mind without looking up the roster is Selvie. And I think they picked up Mincey?

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I started a FFMD NFC East smack talk thread in our forum so all the teams could talk about the moves we've all made in the FFMD. Come on over and join the conversation!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17865992#17865992

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Hey guys I started a FFMD NFC East smack talk thread in our forum so all the teams could talk about the moves we've all made in the FFMD. Come on over and join the conversation!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17865992#17865992

Seems like a trap to me. Anytime I've ever gone in the Skins forum and said anything negative your mods are threatening the ban hammer. Confused

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not only are the eagles looking to trade desean... they might straight up release him if they can't find someone to take him.

It would be heaven to play the eagles without him. Hes been a giant killer. The most hated player in the league for me.

And chip Kelly's offense with two mediocre wide receivers, two average tight ends, an aging back up running back and shady.

We shut down shady (been doing that recently) we can shut down their offense. They have to be looking at marquise lee or something with their first. They should focus on defense

IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
So not only are the eagles looking to trade desean... they might straight up release him if they can't find someone to take him.

It would be heaven to play the eagles without him. Hes been a giant killer. The most hated player in the league for me.

And chip Kelly's offense with two mediocre wide receivers, two average tight ends, an aging back up running back and shady.

We shut down shady (been doing that recently) we can shut down their offense. They have to be looking at marquise lee or something with their first. They should focus on defense

They should, but they won't. That is what happens when you get an offensive minded coach. Kelly will push for his guys in the draft and hope that the defense is serviceable.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have one of the scariest offenses in the league. But they disappeared at times last year.

Their defense is three years away from being above average (would probably have no one left)

Gotta play two sides of the ball to win championships.

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see Desean OUT OF the NFC East. Better yet even out of the NFC. Dude is lethal. Philly would be dumb to get rid of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 71 of 78

Jump to: