Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Turner Effect: what will our offense look like?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about: Take Mike Evans with our first pick, Zach Mett with our second, then draft all defense? Laughing

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikesGuy07 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
So, some of us wonder who exactly will be our "downfield threat WR" in Norv's offense. Right now under contract we have:

Greg Jennings
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Greg Childs
Rod Smith

The 1st 3 I think can be very good players in this league, but don't fit the bill for the new offense, so I was thinking...

What if we trade out of pick #8 and move back to anywhere from #12 to #18. Out of that, we could probably get a 2nd round pick and maybe a 4th? With (lets say pick #17 trading with Baltimore) we still get our guy with Derek Carr.

So, with a lot of ammo now in the 2nd round, do you move up and take Allen Robinson from PSU? I think he fits Norv's offense perfectly. Ideally, we give up a 2nd, 3rd and maybe a 5th, and still have another 2nd round, another 3rd and two 4ths.

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't really say cordarrelle doesn't fit the Air Coryell offense. He is 6-2 220 with a 37in vertical jump so in all honesty he isn't 6-5 but he can still be a good post corner player.

I do agree with Robinson tho, big guy and would fit in well. I have him as my second best wr for the vikings in the draft after mike evans putting him ahead of players like Lee, Benjamin, and Beckham.

How is Greg Jennings not a downfield threat? Maybe he won't beat people in a sprint down the sideline, but he'll be open 15-25 yards downfield with crosses, posts, deep outs, etc. etc.

Also not sure how Jarius Wright isn't a deep threat.

The last thing this team needs is a WR early in the draft.

Jennings is a chain mover, or so that seems to be how we used him last year, and honestly I like him in that role. He's a 3rd down go to guy.

Wright is a downfield threat. I'm not big in stats, but this past year he averaged around 20 yards per catch. Thats fantastic. However, he's not very big and shouldn't be considered a #1

I don't see Childs/Smith as anymore than #4's or #5s in this league.

If we get the ammo for it, I say we should get Robinson. He has the build and the ability to be a #1 WR in this league. Pair him up with Patterson, along with Jennings and Wright, and all of a sudden, we have great WR depth.

Plus, if we are going to draft a QB in round 1, shouldn't we surround him with a lot of talent? The last thing I want is another Christian Ponder/Tarvaris Jackson situation, where we don't have enough talent around him (minus that elite RB we have)

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
DaCDiggity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im Confident Bradley Randle will be the backup to AP with Norv running the O.....very close to Sproles and Norv loved Sproles. most likely be our 3rd and long RB

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was written from a fantasy football perspective, but it is a very interesting article nonetheless: http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1711/the-norv-narrative-offensive-coordinator-impact-in-fantasy-football
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
This was written from a fantasy football perspective, but it is a very interesting article nonetheless: http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1711/the-norv-narrative-offensive-coordinator-impact-in-fantasy-football

Nice find my man!

If we get a real QB, we could definitely see some long term improvement.

more and more, I'm beginning to feel that the West Coast Offense is dead.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
fishtanked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

Great read.

I really feel like we are finally on the right track. With Zimmer and Turner I think we can expect a Vikings team that is top 10 both offensively and defensively within the next couple years. If we can find upgrades at CB, QB, NT this offseason I think good coaching should elevate the play of some of our younger players on the roster as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

From the article...

Quote:
Norv Facts: His middle name is Eugene, he was born in North Carolina, his main hobby is losing playoff games he should win.

Ouch. Laughing

Interesting article. A little too technical for me but I get the point.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he doesn't fit the bill as a tall receiver, but couldn't Jerome Simpson be used as a downfield jump ball receiver this year?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
im Confident Bradley Randle will be the backup to AP with Norv running the O.....very close to Sproles and Norv loved Sproles. most likely be our 3rd and long RB

That's my thought as well, as I think Randle has a big upside...but, we'll have to see if Norv likes him.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 54s
Spielman: First thing Norv Turner did was put in 10 plays for Cordarelle Patterson.
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Spielman: First thing Norv Turner did was put in 10 plays for Cordarelle Patterson.

CP84 should touch the ball around 15X a game for the Vikings; variety of catches, rushes and kickoff returns.
Krauser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
Klomp wrote:

CP84 should touch the ball around 15X a game for the Vikings; variety of catches, rushes and kickoff returns.

At least 4 rushing plays a game, including a couple out of the backfield. He was unstoppable once they started using him like that.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/20/norv-turners-presence-making-vikings-rethink-qb-plans/

The above expands abit on the tweet Klomp quotes. I like the idea of using Patterson much the same way Josh Gordon was used by the Browns last year. I think that Patterson can be the guy that stretches the field for Minnesota.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Turner: "I expect Adrian to catch 50-60 balls."

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Turner-I-Expect-Adrian-To-Catch-50-60-Balls/7bd8a4ac-46e7-4712-948e-dffa0427a0b4

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
tickleMEpurple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that only averages out to be 2-3 passes per game, but Peterson is not a pass catching RB. I don't think he would be utilized well in that form, and I think we will wear him down faster if we do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: