Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 61: Let the Goode times roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=Xx57VH9JQek&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXx57VH9JQek%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/432521/january-27-2014/logo-restrictions-for-the-super-bowl

Clearly, the Colbert Report has been reading the Packers forum. Superb owl.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
Crying or Very sad ... that is truly horrible news. He has my prayers.

My heart breaks for his family! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Crying or Very sad ... that is truly horrible news. He has my prayers.

My heart breaks for his family! Crying or Very sad
Mine too. Such a tragic thing to hear about. Some of the saddest things I have ever seen is when a parent loses their child and when a young child loses their parent. Unfortunately this is both. Such a terrible situation. All my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK boys (and gals), I'm getting married in August and I'd like some feedback from those of you who have helped plan a wedding, particularly on the topic of groomsmen.

I have five groomsmen (best man + 4), and it's time to pick out tuxedos. At Men's Warehouse, it's gonna be about $140 to rent a tux for each guy. After 5 rentals, we get a tuxedo rental free, or a free suit up to $500.

How did you guys do your tuxedo situation? I'm thinking about putting down the $20 deposit on each of the tuxes and having each groomsman pay the remainder, also letting them know that this can be their gift to me and they don't have to get me a wedding present.

My wedding is black and green themed, and I'm getting each of the groomsmen ties and pocket squares, about $25 per person. So that's $45 per groomsman so far including the tux deposit and tie/square, but I'd also like to get them a gift as well. When my brother got married a few years back, he got us groomsmen a 34 oz. personalized beer mug with an inscription special to each guy.

I'm thinking about some monogrammed cufflinks that would end up about $50/pair. All in all, $95-100 per groomsman for the tux deposit/tie/square/cufflinks.

Your thoughts?

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
OK boys (and gals), I'm getting married in August and I'd like some feedback from those of you who have helped plan a wedding, particularly on the topic of groomsmen.

I have five groomsmen (best man + 4), and it's time to pick out tuxedos. At Men's Warehouse, it's gonna be about $140 to rent a tux for each guy. After 5 rentals, we get a tuxedo rental free, or a free suit up to $500.

How did you guys do your tuxedo situation? I'm thinking about putting down the $20 deposit on each of the tuxes and having each groomsman pay the remainder, also letting them know that this can be their gift to me and they don't have to get me a wedding present.

My wedding is black and green themed, and I'm getting each of the groomsmen ties and pocket squares, about $25 per person. So that's $45 per groomsman so far including the tux deposit and tie/square, but I'd also like to get them a gift as well. When my brother got married a few years back, he got us groomsmen a 34 oz. personalized beer mug with an inscription special to each guy.

I'm thinking about some monogrammed cufflinks that would end up about $50/pair. All in all, $95-100 per groomsman for the tux deposit/tie/square/cufflinks.

Your thoughts?

First off, congratulations! That is awesome!

The very small amount I have been around it, the groomsmen have had to pay for their tux rentals and whatever went with it with no help from the groom. So you are already exceeded the standard I have seen Laughing That's a nice gesture to help out the groomsmen and show you appropriate them. Other than that I can't give you much advice, I am pretty inexperienced in that field. But again, congrats!!
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jr911 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
Looks like I'm going to one of these Nike coaching camps in March. Meeting with PSU's HC. Might end up working with their program if I decide to go to PSU over UO or WOU. Should be an interesting few months for me.

Can't wait to see how everything plays out at PSU. Was there a few weeks back and I can't tell you how much different it is than it was just a few short years ago. Everything is different, buildings, faces, EVERYTHING!

I take great pride in my time there and how things were done at the time. I do wish the program well though and have very high hopes for the future. Love the Franklin hire as well.

Wish you well Justo. A big part of my heart will always be at the college level. No better feeling than getting a good kid into school no matter how it plays out on the football field. Might go back down the road when the kids get a little older, house is paid off, ect. I love the work. Just no damn money in it, sadly.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: Portland State not Penn State. I do agree with everything you said, though. Sadly, it always seemed like BOB was a rental if he did well. Once he asked for a lower buyout, it seemed like that was a wrap for him there.

I like Franklin from what I know about him. I don't think he'd move on from PSU as quickly as BOB did. I'm not even sure he'd leave if he built it back up.

I wouldn't be paid much, but having a job in the football program while still in school is better than nothing. Plus, it gets my foot slightly in the door.

Come work at UW-Whitewater. We winz National Championships!!!

Just graduated from there myself last year...great school much to my surprise. You from there?

I'm from Eau Claire, I'm here to play baseball. Also to [inappropriate/removed] off kids in my poli-sci classes, cuz that's destined to happen. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's peoples' takes on hard cider.

like real stuff, not schitty oversweet mass produced trash.

Ever had?
If so, do you like?

example of a quality cider (that has since been taken over) would be Crispin who's dry (Brut) is pretty decent.

Just curious if the cider world is catching on with the younger crowd at all.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
what's peoples' takes on hard cider.

like real stuff, not schitty oversweet mass produced trash.

Ever had?
If so, do you like?

example of a quality cider (that has since been taken over) would be Crispin who's dry (Brut) is pretty decent.

Just curious if the cider world is catching on with the younger crowd at all.

the cider that catches on with the younger crowd is the oversweet mass-produced trash. I don't hate it though Laughing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought it was pretty cool. Packers logo as European soccer badges:

http://www.footballasfootball.com/green-bay
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAKKUHRZ wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought it was pretty cool. Packers logo as European soccer badges:

O/U 1 hour until you get told to change your avi? Laughing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
kgthekid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAKKUHRZ wrote:

Not sure whether I want to change my avy to the first one or keep the one I have.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
PAKKUHRZ wrote:

Probably why no one else has it?
PAKKUHRZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgthekid wrote:
PAKKUHRZ wrote:

Not sure whether I want to change my avy to the first one or keep the one I have.

I like the one you've got, but I'd go with no/white background.

First one the text is too small.

Title Town USA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
PAKKUHRZ wrote:

It's 80x80 pixels. Seems legit.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 6 of 99

Jump to: