Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://

What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.

I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.

I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.

I was thinking Cal Norton Jr. This isn't what you want to hear from one of your coordinators btw:

Can we just continue the evolution?

Ken Norton Jr -> Cal Norton Jr -> Cal Ripken Jr.

-> Carl Ripken Jr.

-> Carl's Jr.

But to complete the transformation...

-> Carl...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I wouldn't do to get Wade Phillips in Baltimore to replace Pees...
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm not sure what I wouldn't do to get Wade Phillips in Baltimore to replace Pees...

He'd definitely make for an excellent hire.

I just saw his twitter comments... likely by some PR representative. But he's a guy that could definitely get the best out of our defense. Would love it if bringing in Kubiak sort of sets Wade Phillips up for moving to the Ravens as a "pass defense coordinator" where he effectively takes over as our DC, just without the title. Pees can keep the title for a year. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I just saw his twitter comments... likely by some PR representative. But he's a guy that could definitely get the best out of our defense. Would love it if bringing in Kubiak sort of sets Wade Phillips up for moving to the Ravens as a "pass defense coordinator" where he effectively takes over as our DC, just without the title. Pees can keep the title for a year. Laughing

I did like in the post-season press conference that Harbs called out Pees specifically a bit, saying that toward the end of the season we weren't getting pressure and that wasn't Ravens football. That he specifically told Pees he wasn't too happy with it. Hopefully that signals some pressure on Pees to bring more pressure and let his corners play more press man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

What about simply "pass rush coordinator" -- aka, he tells Pees when to use pressure (which is about 500% more often)?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

What about simply "pass rush coordinator" -- aka, he tells Pees when to use pressure (which is about 500% more often)?

Sounds good to me. I think we need to fax this over to Steve Bisciotti or Ozzie Newsome...

So that they, in turn, can tell Harbaugh to hire Phillips in this role. Because we all know Harbaugh is just a pawn that has no say in the matter. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody else see that the Cowboys hired Linehan with the title of passing game coordinator? I think Baltimore started a new trend. Laughing
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Or more simply, "pass rush moves coordinator" in which he teaches our pass rushers that there are in fact more pass rush moves than just a bull rush!

*Terrell Suggs' head explodes*
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive front seven or pass rush coach are a couple other options for Wade Phillips until we, inevitably, wish Dean Pees the best in his future endeavors.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized what the icining on the cake for this season has got to be.

For as much hard work and dedication many of our players have put in this season, they will be watching the big game while sitting on their couches this Sunday. Where as the guy who was arguably the laziest, sorriest sack of crap while on the team - Micheal Huff, will be playing in the Super Bowl with a very real chance of winning a ring. Ain't that some ish....

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Just realized what the icining on the cake for this season has got to be.

For as much hard work and dedication many of our players have put in this season, they will be watching the big game while sitting on their couches this Sunday. Where as the guy who was arguably the laziest, sorriest sack of crap while on the team - Micheal Huff, will be playing in the Super Bowl with a very real chance of winning a ring. Ain't that some ish....

You said Michael Huff - but what you meant was Bryant McKinnie...

I still hold that Huff wasn't given a fair shake on this team, but that's my opinion.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/6330/nfln-surveysuper-bowl-qb-ravens?ex_cid=espnapi_public
Quote:

In an ESPN.com survey, 320 players were asked what quarterback would you want with the Super Bowl on the line. Just one player named Flacco.

This is a slap in the face when you see that this is the same amount of votes received by Michael Vick, who is no longer a starter, and Josh Johnson, the backup quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals. Matt McGloin, an undrafted rookie with the Oakland Raiders, got one more vote than Flacco.

This is absolutely crazy. I mean I get that the guy gets disrespect around the league from fans, but even the players disrespect him this much?? All the guy does is win, and he was the last QB to win a SB, yet more players want Matt freakin McGloin leading their team? I just don't know what the guy has to do to earn some respect in this league if winning a SB MVP after one of the most spectacular postseasons in NFL history doesn't do it. For me, I wouldn't pick Flacco on this poll, but there would only be a handful of QBs I'd put ahead of him tbh.

GO RAVENS!!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I blame them. Why would anyone pick Flacco over Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Roethlisberger? We should be thankful one guy was dumb enough to pick Flacco (probably Pitta).
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Can't say I blame them. Why would anyone pick Flacco over Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Roethlisberger? We should be thankful one guy was dumb enough to pick Flacco (probably Pitta).

Like I said, I wouldn't pick him either, but it isn't like those were the only guys getting votes. There were a number of QBs far worse than him getting more votes.

GO RAVENS!!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Like I said, I wouldn't pick him either, but it isn't like those were the only guys getting votes. There were a number of QBs far worse than him getting more votes.

Yeah, and they were probably those guys' teammates...Not a big deal IMO.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 55 of 100

Jump to: