Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack's Mock 3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Packattack's Mock 3.0 Reply with quote

Resigned:
- Shields - Ted locks up our best young CB
- EDS - He has been solid at center and he won't break the bank
- Q - He has potential and we need TE depth w/ Finley gone
- Lattimore - Good young developing ILB/cheap
- Pickett - Takes a short team friendly deal
- Jolly - If his health checks out he is cheap and productive
- Dexter Morgan, I mean Matt Flynn - Ted knows he needs a good backup
- Kuhn - Shouldn't cost too much and he has great value as a blocker
- Tramon restructures

Draft - We are awarded 3rd and 5th rd comp picks.

1. Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville - Pryor could end up being the best safety in this draft and after the combine I believe he will have good value here and also fills a huge need.

2. TRADE - TT trades up sending our 2nd and 3rd for Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn - At the rate our OLB's get injured Ford could get a lot of playing time. This guy has great speed off the edge to get after the QB, something GB lacks other than Matthews.

3. Traded

3. Comp - Kelcy Quarles, DL, South Carolina - Quarles has nice size and quickness and would be a good fit at DE for the pack.

4. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA - He stood out at the senior bowl as an aggressive backer that can cover ground in a hurry, which is exactly what GB needs.

5. Richard Rodgers, TE, CAL - Rodgers has good upside and athleticism and gives GB some depth w/ Finley gone.

5. Comp - Mike Davis, WR, Texas - Davis has a nice skill set and good speed. He adds depth and could be a future playmaker, plus he can help in the return game.

6. Kenny Ladler, S, Vanderbilt - TT should double dip at safety this to make sure the talent and depth improves, so he adds an under the radar guy to come in and compete.

7. Corey Linsley, C, Ohio State - Linsley was a solid player for OSU and could come in and add depth and competition. Probably lands on the PS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, we need to start thinking of Dee Ford as a possible first rounder, though instead of trading up, we might want to think about trading down. I hate Pryor as a prospect. Here's why:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/calvin-pryor-vs-ucf-2013/

In this film, he makes two plays, one is an actual tackle, the other is the one-handed INT we've seen a ton of times. The rest of the video shows that while his instincts and diagnoses are solid, he can't tackle, he'll go to the ball but shys away from contact. He'll lunge at players taking himself out of the play. He's Charlie Peprah, essentially.

The rest of this draft I like a lot. I think Quarles might be the steal of this draft if it went this way for us and both Davis Ladler provides solid depth for us at their respectable positions. I also completely agree with your assessment on Zumwalt.
PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the film on Pryor; I think he has the tools to be get and your right his tackling needs improvement but I think he can fix them. Notice the speed he brings in when attacking. His angles are good but he needs to come in controlled. His range and playmaking skills are what will get him drafted. I think he will be a better centerfield safety in the nfl, which is what we need. Value wise I think Pryor is an early 2nd but not great value at 21st
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I'm looking at the safety prospects in this draft, the more disappointed I am. This is a really weak safety draft, but the good news is there is a good group of free agent veteran safeties that could be available. So my hope is that we sign a starting safety and then work value in the draft. I like the Ladler pick in the 4th, and wouldn't mind getting someone like Ward or Bucannon in the 3rd round. However, Clinton-Dix and Pryor both make me nervous as first round picks {especially Pryor). I'd rather go LB, DL, or TE in the first round honestly. However, if Ted sits on his hands in free agency again, I'm afraid we'll reach for a safety who will end up being a bust. Pretty good draft otherwise. I'd love to get Ford if he were available in the early 2nd round; he is rising like a rocket though.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackOfLuck27 wrote:
After watching the film on Pryor; I think he has the tools to be get and your right his tackling needs improvement but I think he can fix them. Notice the speed he brings in when attacking. His angles are good but he needs to come in controlled. His range and playmaking skills are what will get him drafted. I think he will be a better centerfield safety in the nfl, which is what we need. Value wise I think Pryor is an early 2nd but not great value at 21st

However, despite that one helmet-to-helmet hit, Pryor doesn't have the toughness Clinton-Dix has, nor does he have the ball skills Clinton-Dix has either.

You really can't teach either...
Ronald323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
PackOfLuck27 wrote:

However, despite that one helmet-to-helmet hit, Pryor doesn't have the toughness Clinton-Dix has, nor does he have the ball skills Clinton-Dix has either.

You really can't teach either...

thats one thing packers had over the years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: