Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Try

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R8ders4Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: First Try Reply with quote

All the think tanks say we need a QB. While I agree we don't have an Rodgers Manning Brees ect under center. Trent Dillfer won a ring on the back of Baltimores D. So with that in mind I think we load up the team with talent and let McGloin manage the offense till we find our QBotF. With improved talent the defense will keep us in the games.

Free agents we keep

Jared Veldheer - top 10 LT
Tony Pashos - solid depth
Khalif Barnes - willing to play multiple position solid depth
Rashad Jennings - he will be our feature back
Lamar Houston - Franchise Tagged is he worth that money? No but we cant let talent continue to walk out the door for free
San Fran calls up and offers us there 1st and 3rd for him
Pat Sims - Played very well put allot of doubts to rest
Tracy Porter - He did well covering the slot
Mike Jenkins - Good depth and we have the money to improve the depth
Charles Woodson - great teacher for our DBs and played well at times

FA
Greg Hardy - the pass rusher we need
Everson Griffen - LDE for the future
Aqib Talib - has proved himself in New England can be our #1 corner
B.J. Raji - Reggie scouted him he will shine in Tarvers D
Malcolm Jenkins - Dennis has worked with him before

Draft
#1 Houston - Teddy Bridgewater
#2 St. Louis - Jake Matthews
#3 Jacksonville - Jadeveon Clowney
#4 Cleveland - Johnny Manziel
#5 Oakland - I see us going many directions but for this I think we trade back to acquire more talent. Who do we trade with? Buffalo fearing that the "big 3" DE/OLB Clowney(gone)/Mack/Barr will be gone jump up and over us there second rounder.
#5 Buffalo - Khalil Mack
#6 Atlanta - Anthony Barr
#7 Tampa - Greg Robinson
#8 Minnesota - David Carr
#9 Oakland - as we are about to make our selection the phone rings and its Mike Lombardi offering 1st 2nd and 3rd(Pitt) round picks and Reggie takes it
#9 - Cleveland - Mike Evans they go get JF his number 1 target from college

1a - Trent Murphy DE
1b - Kyle Van Noy - OLB

2a - Aaron Donald - DT
2b - Gabe Jackson - LG
2c - Davante Adams - WR

3a - Jimmy Graoppolo - QB
3b - Dominique Easley - DE/DT
3c - Stanley Jean-Baptiste - CB/S
4 - De'Anthony Thomas - RB/WR/KR/PR a swiss army knife

6 - Ricardo Allen CB

7a - Mister Coble - NT
7b - Spencer Long - OG
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so unrealistic. A 1st and 3rd for Houston? Cleveland trading 3 picks for Mike Evans when they have Gordon?

Just way to unrealistic to take seriously. Everything from FA to the draft.
Re-Drew-Vinated

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when playing Madden I don't think I could get a 1st for Houston. Ain't gonna happen

^^big_palooka on the sig^^

On Buster Davis:
Boltstrikes wrote:
He also lacks the toughness necessary to sell girl scout cookies.

Very Happy
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know offseason is about dreams, but this is bordering wet dreams. I hope you changed your pants after making this.

Lets start with the 9ers trade for Houston. There is no way on earth they give up a 1st and 3rd. We would be lucky to get a 2nd.

Now free agency. So we are going to sign the top DE, DT, CB and one of the top FA Safeties?

The draft. Buffalo will not give away their 2nd to move one spot. I dont dislike the picks. Im thinking Donald, Garoppalo, and Easley will all go earlier than where you have them being picked.

If it wasnt so far fetched i would like this offseason, but like the others have said its just too unrealistic.

Sigged by Jamison
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
I know offseason is about dreams, but this is bordering wet dreams. I hope you changed your pants after making this.

Lets start with the 9ers trade for Houston. There is no way on earth they give up a 1st and 3rd. We would be lucky to get a 2nd.

Now free agency. So we are going to sign the top DE, DT, CB and one of the top FA Safeties?

The draft. Buffalo will not give away their 2nd to move one spot. I dont dislike the picks. Im thinking Donald, Garoppalo, and Easley will all go earlier than where you have them being picked.

If it wasnt so far fetched i would like this offseason, but like the others have said its just too unrealistic.

Laughing
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, nice shot.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are mean.
Loveless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really Bridgewater? Blake Bortles to me looks like the absolute best QB prospect that we could get at our spot (5)...im pulling for this guy and if you guys look him up he looks great all-around...oh and hell NO!! to Johnny boi
G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm offering the Rams our 1st and 2nd to get Clowney.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it your LAST try, so unrealistic.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Nope as much as I like Clowney I would never ever trade up. Trading up rarely results in a Super Bowl. You have to let the draft come to you. In every single draft there is a player who slips through the cracks that has no business going that late. The key is to identify that player. I read a captivating story about how in love Seattle was in love with Wilson but they were determined to wait until the 3rd and how anxious they were through the first 2 1/2 rounds.

That's the difference. Drafting Brady or Wilson in the first isn't the same thing. Three guys who I think would be absolute difference makers in this draft that are consistently being undervalued as 3rd rounders are: WR Donte Moncrief, who has unbelievable measureables + excellent hands but is being mocked behind guys with better size/speed ratios but inconsistent hands, SS Deone Bucannon, chiseled big hitter whose ball skills are vastly underrated & Gabe Jackson, ultimately he may be a RG but he's extremely agile for his size.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Buffalo gives us a second to move up to five and Cleveland wants the ninth, so they give their first, second, and third to get Evans? If anyone would give a first and third for Houston then their GM would be in the unemployment line.

I appreciate you taking the time and the effort to create a mock. I would be ecstatic if this happened, but it's not going to.
G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
G wrote:

Nope as much as I like Clowney I would never ever trade up. Trading up rarely results in a Super Bowl. You have to let the draft come to you. In every single draft there is a player who slips through the cracks that has no business going that late. The key is to identify that player. I read a captivating story about how in love Seattle was in love with Wilson but they were determined to wait until the 3rd and how anxious they were through the first 2 1/2 rounds.

That's the difference. Drafting Brady or Wilson in the first isn't the same thing. Three guys who I think would be absolute difference makers in this draft that are consistently being undervalued as 3rd rounders are: WR Donte Moncrief, who has unbelievable measureables + excellent hands but is being mocked behind guys with better size/speed ratios but inconsistent hands, SS Deone Bucannon, chiseled big hitter whose ball skills are vastly underrated & Gabe Jackson, ultimately he may be a RG but he's extremely agile for his size.

Usually true, but We should have given up 3 firsts to get Peyton in 1998. He's the only reason Indy (paid the price) and now Denver made it to Super Bowls. Woodson was the pick to wait on being there were 5 players we could have taken. Manning, Leaf, Wadsworth, Woodson and Moss. I think the Rams will turn it down and yes a great player will be there at 5, but will we take him?!? The QB's remind me of 1999. 3 will go high and one might pan out. Laughing Clowney was good enough to not even play and be the #1, but injury and effort is the only reason he won't go #1 and he still might. Houston took Williams with Bush and 3 QB's there for the taking in 2006. Give me a Tackle if we don't like the QB's and Clowney is gone. Trading down from #5 won't get much on the value chart so other teams will have your attitude and wait too. So we need a pass rusher and one of the best in a decade is there for our 1st and 2nd and you wouldn't do it?!?
If it was possible, I would. Smile
Darbsk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
G wrote:

I don't know, I'd consider trading up for Clowney as he'd make the rest of the D better. I can appreciate the philosophy of letting the draft come to you but in hindsight would you have taken Wilson in the 2nd? I would.

I really like these 3 guys too, though I think NFL scouts will see the value in Moncrief and Jackson is a little less aggressive than I like in an OL. Bucannon reminds me a bit of Branch (in his aggresion and physicality) but with better natural ball playing ability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: