Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential FA Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be excited to land Stevie Brown fo sho
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference is clearly one of the top 3 free agent safety's or the draft. Every other FA is a risk. Brown had a great year in 2012. One season though. And the last thing this team needs is another player coming off injury.
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were a position I'd rather scoop up a veteran on, it would be at safety. Safeties take time to develop. I seem to remember a lot of exasperation around these parts directed toward Nick Collins, before he got a few seasons in, and became a solid safety. I see the Packers with a specific window here of just a few years while Rodgers is in his prime, and Lacy, Cobb, Matthews and Nelson are all with the team.

I think if we skimp too much at critical positions, we squander that window with a bunch of 10-6 and 11-5 seasons where we're fighting for a home playoff game instead of living up to the team's potential.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregoreo22 wrote:
If there were a position I'd rather scoop up a veteran on, it would be at safety. Safeties take time to develop. I seem to remember a lot of exasperation around these parts directed toward Nick Collins, before he got a few seasons in, and became a solid safety. I see the Packers with a specific window here of just a few years while Rodgers is in his prime, and Lacy, Cobb, Matthews and Nelson are all with the team.

I think if we skimp too much at critical positions, we squander that window with a bunch of 10-6 and 11-5 seasons where we're fighting for a home playoff game instead of living up to the team's potential.

Can't say I disagree here. My point is if TT doesn't chase Byrd, Ward or Whitner, it'd be beneficial to hopefully strike gold in the draft. Nobody besides those 3 gets me very excited. Then we are in the exact same situation next season. Does it take time for a player to develop at Safety? Absolutely.But I'd rather take the time to develop a safety than waste a year with a mediocre free agent acquisition.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregoreo22 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers is currently under contract through the 2019 season. If Rodgers starts the 2021 Super Bowl he still won't crack the list for top 5 oldest starting quarterbacks. There is no window closing any time soon.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's sign Tillman and move him to safety.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
let's sign Tillman and move him to safety.

If he can stay healthy, that might not be a bad idea actually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: