Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Coaching Staff Transactions (OL Coach Drevno to USC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
We were 7th in yards per pass attempts... maybe what you seek is not so much a scheme change, but a philosophical shift in our run-to-pass ratio.

If Kap can build on the end of this year and keep his completion percentage above 60%, his yards per attempt could be even higher. If we improve on third down conversions and in the redzone, that will drive his completion percentage and YPA higher. I know the playcalls haven't always been the best, but Kap has left a lot of yards and points on the field with his inconsistent accuracy. He was far more accurate in 2012 than he was this year. If he can work with a coach on his mechanics (like Tom House, who helped Alex tremendously), our offense would look a lot better. The scheme, although not very sexy, seems to work. 7th in the league in yards per attempt. 2nd in 2012.

Yeah, my biggest complaint on Romas has been some of his playcalls on 3rd or 4th and short, but this offense runs through the philosophy of Harbaugh. Remember, he had arguably the best QB prospect in 20 years in College in Andrew Luck and they still were a run first team. The teams that lead league in YPG will be those that are heavy passing teams. Kap certainly left a lot of yards and points on the field and next year his YPA should go up to at least 8.5. So we may still rank towards the bottom in total Passing YPG next year, but some settle improvements will go a long way. His completion percentage HAS to be above 60%, and I believe before the postseason it was with Crabtree. Of course, calling some easy/safe play calls such as quick hitters to the WRs, or running some screen plays will help the completion percentage.

Like I said yesterday (I think) Brett Favre could be the model - a QB with a cannon for an arm that liked to throw it a bit longer than most guys, and into tight windows. Still he had a lot of years over 60%, several near 65%, and he even had several seasons over 65%. And a ot of those years he still had a YPA over 7. Some people here said as the year was starting that it would be OK for Kap to hit only 60% of his passes. I think that target is too low. He should be aiming, and our offense should designed to help him be getting to, 65% or more.

He only had 2 seasons over 65%.

According to NFL.COM he was over 65% in 2003, 2007, 2008 and 2009. But I don't wast to go down the path of exactly how many seasons he had over 65%. My point is simply that I think I don't think 58% is high enough. I can't think of a reason that Kap can't get up in the range of 65% and still keep a good YPA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Twitter, donatell is getting a new deal with us.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Yeah, he was getting paid like a DC anyways Laughing . One of the absolute best DBs coaches in the league and the biggest reason I want us to always take the high potential RAW DB. I honestly feel 9 times out of 10, Donatell will get the best out of that player. He develops players faster than most and he deserves a high salary. I read somewhere that we pay our positional coaches more than any other team in the league?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Yeah, he was getting paid like a DC anyways Laughing . One of the absolute best DBs coaches in the league and the biggest reason I want us to always take the high potential RAW DB. I honestly feel 9 times out of 10, Donatell will get the best out of that player. He develops players faster than most and he deserves a high salary. I read somewhere that we pay our positional coaches more than any other team in the league?

Haha. Agreed. Look at what he has done with cully for example
Cully was regarded as a big reach but was on pace to be one of the better up and coming corners in the league.

Yes, I think I have read the same article about us paying our staff a lot but it works =).
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is also the reason why we don't let coaches go before their contracts are up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 5m
Stanford announces it has hired #49ers [inappropriate/removed]'t Pete Hansen to coach inside linebackers. Hansen spent three years at Stanford prior to 49ers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: