Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

a very UGLY Mock v0.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: a very UGLY Mock v0.2 Reply with quote

Resigned:
Matt Flynn
Evan Deitrich-Smith
John Kuhn
Andrew Quarless
Ryan Pickett
Jamari Lattimore
MD Jennings
Sam Shields

Free Agency:
Fili Moala - DL

Moala is a guy that has played in a similar system at DE and should come relatively cheap. IF JOLLY IS CLEARED, RESIGN HIM AND IGNORE THIS...Laughing

2014 NFL Draft:

The Packers also get a 4th round and a 5th round for Jennings/Walden.

1) *Trade* The Packers trade #21 to a QB needy team(Oakland) trading up for a falling Derek Carr. They receive their 2nd round pick and their 3rd round pick(after idiots in the top 4 reach for QB's and pass on Clowney).

2a) Ryan Shazier | ILB | Ohio State

Shazier is an instinctive LB that is almost too fast for his own good. He's not perfect(he needs to stop over pursuing) but at least he doesn't have to watch the play develop to react ala Brad Jones. Immediate upgrade at ILB over Jones.

*Trade*
Packers trade their second round pick and their fourth round pick to move up in the second round(team unknown, I don't care...Laughing)

2b) Dee Ford | OLB | Auburn

Ford is a guy that is worth moving up for in the draft. Explosive athlete that can play in space. He can set the edge vs the run and has most of his experience playing on the left side of the defense. I love our starting OLB's but with the amount of games they miss, the 3rd and to an extent the 4th OLB is just as important as them. Andy Mulumba and Nate Palmer saw a combined 504 snaps this year...time to upgrade the talent in this spot. Remember that one run by Kaep that everyone blames Bush for losing contain? Watch it again and watch an injured Mulumba try and catch him. That is why I'd draft an OLB high.

3a) Ahmad Dixon | S | Baylor

Dixon isn't my favorite safety but he is an intriguing prospect. Looked athletic when I watched his cut ups, showing good long speed and good short area quickness. The thing about Dixon that I both like and scare me is the fact he is an enforcer in the middle of the field. Simply put, he will hit you. SS type but one that can handle coverage responsibilities. Needs to refine his route recognition but at this point there is no perfect prospect.

3b) Jaylen Watkins | DB | Florida

Flexible defensiveback that can play both CB and FS. Lanky DB that fits Ted's skillset. Looked good at the Senior Bowl.

4(Comp for Gregory Jennngs) Cody Latimer | WR | Indiana

Big WR that reminded me of James Jones. Thick build but needs work on his route running. Perfect depth player while Cobb/Nelson/Boykin do their thing.

5a) Brandom Thomas | OT/OG | Clemson

Played LT but looks more like a guard possibly RT prospect

5b(Comp for Erik LOL Walden's contract) Shamar Stephen | LDE | Connecticut

Big, lanky DL that can hold his ground in the run game. Impressed at the Senior Bowl.

6) Crockett Gillmore | TE | Colorado State

Big, tall TE that can block well but can catch.

7) Storm Johnson | RB | UCF

Rode the bench until his senior season, showed good acceleration and has a bigger frame for a RB. Transfer from the U. Might be wishful thinking he will last until the 7th but you never know. You have to love his badass name though.

53 man roster-
bold = starter
green= added this year
QB-Rodgers, Flynn
RB-Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Kuhn
TE- Quarless, Bostick, Taylor, Gillmore
WR-Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Latimer, Harper
OT-Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Sherrod, Barclay
OG-Sitton, Lang, Thomas
C-EDS, Tretter
(24)

DL-Daniels, Pickett, Moala, Jones, Worthy, Boyd, Stephen
LB-Perry, Shazier, Hawk, Matthews, Jones, Lattimore, Ford, Mulumba, Palmer
CB-Williams, Shields, Hayward, Watkins, Hyde, Bush
S-Ahmad Dixon, Morgan Burnett, MD Jennings, Sean Richardson
(26)

ST-Crosby, Masthay, Goode
(3)

Sig brought to you by Justo

Last edited by ugLymayNe on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw out the Johnson and Thomas picks and I'm cool with this. On the other hand. Who are we grooming at NT for after Pickett leaves?
packattack86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Buckeyes fan I love Shazier but I think he is a poor fit in the 3-4. He is too light for a 3-4 IMO and would do best as a weak side LB in a 4-3.

I like Ford a lot.

Dixon is ok but I like others better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Latimer. Relatively new to football and has tons of upside. I think with Rodgers throwing him the ball and Bennett coaching him up he could be a stud #2 down the road. He's a guy I'm really hoping finds a good home in the draft.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to add a NT somewhere in there but I'm not that high on any particular one yet. To be honest, Nix and Coleman are the one's I like right now. Not a big fan of McCullers, not sure of Jones can two-gap at 3-4 Nose, I don't think Ellis is all that much different from a Raji type player(short arms, OL easily get their hands on them).

I also think Shazier could play Mike in our system. He might have trouble with blockers but at least he does have instincts and reads/reacts quickly.

Latimer is a guy that is going to rise up draftboards soon.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. No comment on Watkins? I think he's one of the guys that would be perfect for our system.

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: