Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ceiling for Our WRs:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
I honestly question why you mentioned Moore in that 3. I see more hope in Holmes than I do Moore at this point. Less proven, but more hope. I don't think Moore is a significant part of the long term future here, Holmes is at least a maybe on that. He made more wow plays in his short time than all of our other WRs combined for the year.

Minus Streater, I agree. Streater goes way to under appreciated around here. He made a ton of tough jump ball catches this year along with some of the underthrown passes from Pryor and at times, McGloin.

I do like Holmes though. No need for Mike Evans when you have a faster version of him already on the roster.

Agreed. Streater gets no love on here.

+2. Guy is a steady WR. On a good team, he'd be a household name. Awesome find as an URFA. Good hands, routes, speed and ability to make tough catches.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you guys just don't read closely enough. I never said anything against Streater. I like him. And he's definitely our most consistent WR. One of our most consistent players and legit performers overall without a doubt.

I just said Holmes made more wow plays. Which he did. Streater has every chance to be one of those Rod Smith type #1s. Solid, consistent day in day out performer who may not make the head scratching catch but definitely puts up performances. But Holmes flashed actual high end #1 skills more than all of the others, even if flashing is a tiny fraction of actually becoming that guy.

Going back to the original point, Moore in my mind has flashed but unfortunately hasn't shown any sign of more than that. "Inconsistent" and "potential" may very well be his ceiling at this point unless he magically becomes more. IF we drafted Watkins the 3 man conversation at WR should be Watkins, Streater, Holmes. Let's see what shakes out of Moore in his coming contract year, I don't forsee him being a part of this team after that point.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things:

It's hilarious that this thread has turned into a manziel discussion.

Streater is awesome. His measurables especially stand out:
6-3 220 4.37 40 Yard Dash Plus he can break tackles and make contested catches AND work off the scramble. If streater was in the draft this year, he would go in the first for sure.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
2 things:

6-3 220 4.37 40 Yard Dash Plus he can break tackles and make contested catches AND work off the scramble. If streater was in the draft this year, he would go in the first for sure.

Based on what criteria though? Every good young player who has done stuff in the league would go in the 1st if their pro career arc was known. If it was the college version of Streater he'd still go undrafted because his production was so awful. A list of hundreds of guys would go in the 1st based on how their pro careers shook out.
Heck, if I could know the future of the next 3 years I'd be a billionaire in months. So would every other intelligent person on earth if they had that power.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
+2. Guy is a steady WR. On a good team, he'd be a household name. Awesome find as an URFA. Good hands, routes, speed and ability to make tough catches.

Imagine if Tom Brady had him to throw to. Shocked

holyghost wrote:
I just said Holmes made more wow plays. Which he did. Streater has every chance to be one of those Rod Smith type #1s. Solid, consistent day in day out performer who may not make the head scratching catch but definitely puts up performances.

I guess my initial point was that Streater does/can make those plays too. I mean the first time I ever heard of him was on SportsCenter when he made this catch in college...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqW3xwaQ-GY

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
2 things:

Based on what criteria though? Every good young player who has done stuff in the league would go in the 1st if their pro career arc was known. If it was the college version of Streater he'd still go undrafted because his production was so awful. A list of hundreds of guys would go in the 1st based on how their pro careers shook out.
Heck, if I could know the future of the next 3 years I'd be a billionaire in months. So would every other intelligent person on earth if they had that power.

I meant he's a first round talent now and better than a lot of guys we could draft at wr. Obv he didn't get playing time at temple but it was just a compliment. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: