Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Van Pelt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Alex Van Pelt Reply with quote

There's rumors going around that if the Browns hire Mike Pettine as their head coach, he would then bring Alex Van Pelt along as offensive coordinator. What do you guys think of him? Is he a good coach? Do you think he'd be a good coordinator?

Smack on the sig.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. We had a very talented stable of running backs and they did a good job. So he didn't wreck our RB's. Lacy and Starks really never fumble, but Franklin had his share of problems. I really don't know much about the guy.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that when he was in Tampa it was the only time Freeman was good or above average. Freeman was the 6th ranked passer one year under his tutelage and since he left the wheels came off for Freeman. So that could fit if you guys drafted a QB (which most think you will). He also had one season being OC for the Bills and did well enough. He utilized Fred Jackson quite a bit both running and catching.

He is also the favorite to take our QB coaching gig. So essentially we would be losing two QB coaches to coordinator jobs.

Don't know much more than the surface stuff, but I don't think it would be a bad hire by any means.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man our staff gets stripped every freaking year

we should start start doing the fuc.. i mean stripping of other teams coaches
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he has one year left though so McCarthy can block the move if he wishes. Has done it before.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Van Pelt Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
There's rumors going around that if the Browns hire Mike Pettine as their head coach, he would then bring Alex Van Pelt along as offensive coordinator. What do you guys think of him? Is he a good coach? Do you think he'd be a good coordinator?

We really don't know all that much about him because he was only the RB's coach for two years. 2012 we had very little talent at the position and our RB's generally didn't do anything until DuJaun Harris came to town late in the season. Lacy also excelled under him this past season along with James Starks off the bench. It seems like Van Pelt can get the most out of his players though.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Eusebio13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just confirmed as new QB coach

RapSheet: #Packers RB coach Alex Van Pelt, who has a year left on his deal, is becoming the QB coach to replace Ben McAdoo after interest from Browns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: