Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Random Hypothetical...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
Well you missed the Lytle fumble in Denver that may have kept us from returning to the super bowl in 77' and "Ghost to the post" was a great "clean" play no controversy with that.

I had "and so on" in my original post to cover any bases that I may have missed. Doing it off the top of my head isn't always the best way to be accurate. And I know the GttP play was clean; it's just a noteworthy play I threw in (again) off the top of my head with no real research.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was scolding you there, the Lytle fumble is not very well known and even though it may not have been a definitive game changing call I think it obviously was a big influence on the final outcome, Denver fans will argue that we would have been pinned in our endzone in a defensive heavy game anyways so it probably would not have changed the outcome. I will never believe that.
G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think about that play and the Patriots name...It was post 9/11
Super Bowl Champion Patriots must sound better than Super Bowl Champion RAIDERSSSSS!!!
We lost...
The game
Chucky
CB Allen
G Wisnewski
but not our playbook or calls. Confused
Who lost Robbins meds?!? I lived in SD then and would have taken him to TJ myself AFTER the game.

WE WILL be back on top again. That I have no doubt.

I can't like the Pats, Brady or Belcheat because of that game... Evil or Very Mad

If in Oakland it's a different game
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I think about that play and the Patriots name...It was post 9/11
Super Bowl Champion Patriots must sound better than Super Bowl Champion RAIDERSSSSS!!!
We lost...
The game
Chucky
CB Allen
G Wisnewski
but not our playbook or calls. Confused
Who lost Robbins meds?!? I lived in SD then and would have taken him to TJ myself AFTER the game.

WE WILL be back on top again. That I have no doubt.

I can't like the Pats, Brady or Belcheat because of that game... Evil or Very Mad

If in Oakland it's a different game

I have a huge conspiracy theory regarding that game. And please don't think Im making light of the situation. but as somebody posted, this was right after 9/11. who would the NFl rather win? the team wearing red,white and blue or the team that wears Black? like I said no disrespect...

Also they pull this crap off in Oakland and we burn down half the city looking for the officials. for once the cloud of smoke that lingers over the stadium wouldn't be "medicine"

lastly when the scab refs were calling games the Raiders had I think a total of 5 penalties in 4 games, as soon as they came back it was business as usual and we were right back to our normal 10 a game. I don't understand how 2 different sets of refs can be so different in their understanding of penalties. I kinda got a little happy when I saw the Bowman fumble yesterday, get called a dead ball.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I'm still baffled by the TD that was taken away from Streater in San Diego.

Rules are so inconsistent.

What were the refs thinking when they made that call. Even the announcer tried to justify it and made up some BS. Fortunately it was not infuriating as the game was meaningless.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
The overturn was correct, ref just made a balls of explaining it.

Negative, Ghost Rider... the refs used the first half of the rule and not the second half (complete) rule. Read the rule, watch the video, Brady has the ball in both hands when he gets hit, therefore a fumble. Its arguable whether the ball even needs to be in both hands as "tucking the ball" can be interpreted as going past the throwing motion (which Brady clearly was, unless there was a Smurf at his feet I didn't see), the ball being at his abdominals... but the outcome is the same, its a fumble.

If it was in Oakland I don't think it would have been reviewed, it was called a fumble right on the field; even if the booth wanted to the refs would have used the entirety of the rule and made the correct call.

The real question this "What if...?" brings up is "Do the Patriots start a dynasty or does this halt it before it began?" Idea

You are so correct in your determination. I watched a tape 20 times and though hard to see at first he did touch the pigskin to his left hand. I mean where do you stop an attempted forward pass. Certainly when it touches both hands at once. I posted this in this forum and got no response whatsoever.
If you recall there was a very long wait for the call. One of the announcers commented that an NFL guy up in the booth called it the Tuck Rule. When he said NFL I knew we were in for a screw'n.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: