Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tibo 2014 mock updated post-combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
WR is the least of the Raiders worries, so I don't think round 1 WR will happen.

TiberiusRising wrote:
I agree. And those stats people reference he actually beat Romo and Paytons records at that school so take that how you will. I cant wait to see Shrine game.

Who is Paytons?

Sean
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped reading after seeing Watkins with our first pick.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Who you taking at 5 if Clowney and Bridgewater are gone and there are no trades available?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Who you taking at 5 if Clowney and Bridgewater are gone and there are no trades available?

Personally, I don't want Watkins at 5, but if there are no trades available and Clowney and Bridgewater are gone, it would be between Watkins, Matthews, Barr, and maybe even Mack for me. Watkins and Matthews are probably the only ones "worth" the 5th pick, but any of those guys would improve our team in one way or another.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

I would take Barr. He has the ability to be a Von miller type. Had limited experience in college and had good production. I'm fine with our receivers. Streater has potential to be a colston type. Moore has a different skill set. Holmes showed potential. We need a elite passer rusher bad. There is no one in our front 7 that is a playmaker.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

I would take Barr. He has the ability to be a Von miller type. Had limited experience in college and had good production. I'm fine with our receivers. Streater has potential to be a colston type. Moore has a different skill set. Holmes showed potential. We need a elite passer rusher bad. There is no one in our front 7 that is a playmaker.

This is my exact train of thought. We've been needing a pass rusher all this time. We've been talking about needing a pass rusher all this tme, yet people want to have us picking someone other than a pass rusher at #5. We have the chance at two great prospects in Clowney and Barr. If Clowney is taken (and I hope to God he isn't) then we take Barr, and I will be completely fine with that because dude is a baller. IF then we get Aaron Donald in the 2nd I will probably start crying. He will be crazy. Fastest way to the QB is straight and this guuy only knows that direction. Baller!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

This is my exact train of thought. We've been needing a pass rusher all this time. We've been talking about needing a pass rusher all this tme, yet people want to have us picking someone other than a pass rusher at #5. We have the chance at two great prospects in Clowney and Barr. If Clowney is taken (and I hope to God he isn't) then we take Barr, and I will be completely fine with that because dude is a baller. IF then we get Aaron Donald in the 2nd I will probably start crying. He will be crazy. Fastest way to the QB is straight and this guuy only knows that direction. Baller!

Where does Barr play in our scheme?
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Where Moore has been playing this season. WLB with emphasis on pass rushing.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

So he won't be a full time pass rusher. He'll be asked to blitz some. I don't think that answers our need for a pass rush.

What becomes of Moore then?
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

So he won't be a full time pass rusher. He'll be asked to blitz some. I don't think that answers our need for a pass rush.

Barr can stand up and rush the passer from the RDE position. Moore will stay on the WLB spot. The NFL is more hybrid now a days anyway, so 4-3/3-4 doesn't hold weight as much as before. We had a whole bunch of hybrid looks, so I don't see that getting in the way of adding such a player.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Barr can stand up and rush the passer from the RDE position. Moore will stay on the WLB spot. The NFL is more hybrid now a days anyway, so 4-3/3-4 doesn't hold weight as much as before. We had a whole bunch of hybrid looks, so I don't see that getting in the way of adding such a player.

Excellent ?s by oakdb36. Best answers I have seen yet from Dat. From what I have a seen, Barr has a role at UCLA very similar to GB's Shane Mathews, which is to almost exclusively rush the QB. Barr has literally no experience setting the edge. As a standing 248lb DE with no experience I would have concerns.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is also something Moore is already doing. Anyways updated the mock. Hate to take Van Noy down but QB trumps all other positions if the value is there. Now if some of the top 5 teams dont take a QB in round 1 then they may take him in front of us freeing us up to take Van Noy. Regardless there is going to be a good player there in round 2 for us. This mock didnt allow it but really hoping we can trade down if Clowney/Bridge are gone.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4-3 DE FA class is very strong and I see us signing bennett, johnson, or hardy and giving them some good money. If clowney isn't there, and if he is we move houston to DT. Otherwise, we should try and trade down. Barr is an awesome rusher, but has a lot to learn instinct wise and I would not take him at 5. Mack seems good, but I questions his competition because it's a serious question as to whether he can beat an nfl caliber tackle on a regular basis. As for Watkins, I think watching him at Clemson the last few years, his route tree has grown each year and he has shown ridiculous talent on screens, intermediate routes, and deep passes. I think he can become a #1 receiver just based on the variety in his game, not to mention he's gonna light up the combine. I would personally take Watkins at 5 because reggie is gonna build the defense in free agency, then donald in the 2nd, and jackson in the 3rd. You can't get a player on offense like Watkins in free agency. It just doesn't happen, too much talent and upside.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he lasts till the 2nd, I would love Trent Murphy as our pass rusher. He doesn't have the flashy athleticism that Clowney or Barr have, but he has good strength, sneaky athleticism, and a high motor. He may not be JJ Watt or Julius Peppers, but I still see him being a guy who will generate constant pressure and be a double-digit sack guy each year.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
If he lasts till the 2nd, I would love Trent Murphy as our pass rusher. He doesn't have the flashy athleticism that Clowney or Barr have, but he has good strength, sneaky athleticism, and a high motor. He may not be JJ Watt or Julius Peppers, but I still see him being a guy who will generate constant pressure and be a double-digit sack guy each year.

I like him as well, early rumors though at Senior Bowl is GB and SF are very high on him so they may take him at the end of the 1st. He is just much slower than I thought he was watching him in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: