Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gruden to Oakland rumors from La Canfora CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3574
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?


Ok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31853
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?


You know this forum is all about swag.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3739
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?


You know this forum is all about swag.


I can't run with the Go Hards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 31853
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?


You know this forum is all about swag.


I can't run with the Go Hards


Pop one of these, it'll help:


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwinbaby81


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 3739
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired soccer player now?


You know this forum is all about swag.


I can't run with the Go Hards


Pop one of these, it'll help:



You know damn right you meant Viswagra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10789
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

He has never liked coaching up the young players. We will get old overnight.

And don't forget that when he left, we had zero talent. Ditto for Tampa.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21797
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Meh.

He has never liked coaching up the young players. We will get old overnight.

And don't forget that when he left, we had zero talent. Ditto for Tampa.


Davis was responsible for the drafts in Oakland. Same reason the team hasn't had talent for a decade.

In Tampa Gruden didn't click w/ McKay who ran their drafts. The team was full of old vets, they were in salary cap jail and traded away high picks to get Gruden.

When Bruce Allen joined the team, they let aging vets like Sapp and Lynch walk. From 2004-2007 (under Allen) they added some nice talent in the draft. Guys like Joseph, Cadillac, Tannard Jackson, Clayton, Trueblood.

Biggest issue for Gruden in Tampa was finding a QB. Garcia played well on his last legs, but otherwise it was a who's who and they never drafted a QB outside Doc B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 5976
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gruden were going to come back, this year would be the year he'd do it. Go to a team he loves (Reportedly Atl or Oakland), Atlanta has a franchise QB and some great key pieces, could be a playoff team again as soon as next year. Oakland has a top 5 pick and 65 million of cap room. Both situations are enticing in their own right, both don't have meddling owners, if he doesn't come back this year I say he's out for good. I can't see any situations being any better than those 2 to choose from. Opposite ends of the spectrum but good opportunities in their own right.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 4988
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
If Gruden were going to come back, this year would be the year he'd do it. Go to a team he loves (Reportedly Atl or Oakland), Atlanta has a franchise QB and some great key pieces, could be a playoff team again as soon as next year. Oakland has a top 5 pick and 65 million of cap room. Both situations are enticing in their own right, both don't have meddling owners, if he doesn't come back this year I say he's out for good. I can't see any situations being any better than those 2 to choose from. Opposite ends of the spectrum but good opportunities in their own right.


I really don't want him. I wonder if he would go after Cutler or draft one
_________________

GaTechRavens wrote:
PREDICTED RECORD: 2-14...a total clown show. It's okay, as Oakland's rebuilding period will soon be water under the bridge.
Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3574
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sum up
Jon Gruden: 'I don't want to be considered for any of these jobs'

The Raiders job also wouldn't fall under "any of these jobs," the phrase Gruden used. But it's worth noting the spirit of what Gruden's going for here. Guys are losing their jobs and he doesn't like being associated as the reason someone would get the boot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24393111/jon-gruden-i-dont-want-to-be-considered-for-any-of-these-jobs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5265
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
To sum up
Jon Gruden: 'I don't want to be considered for any of these jobs'

The Raiders job also wouldn't fall under "any of these jobs," the phrase Gruden used. But it's worth noting the spirit of what Gruden's going for here. Guys are losing their jobs and he doesn't like being associated as the reason someone would get the boot.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24393111/jon-gruden-i-dont-want-to-be-considered-for-any-of-these-jobs


We just don't get NO means NO.

Quote:
"I don't want to be considered for any of these jobs," Gruden said. "I don't want to be considered for anything. There are plenty of good candidates out there. I'm just sick for the guys who can no longer coach their teams.

"I'm hoping to do the best I can to hang on to my job."


This is like when a reporter asked Jordan if he was really done and Jordan said he was "99.3% sure" and the reporters response was "so there is a chance?" The writer here is just making up a story. There's nothing here.

Quote:
Can we stop talking about an overrated retired former coach now?


Is what this should have said. Gruden gets better and better every year that passes.
_________________
2013 Mancrush: DT Richardson, OT Joeckel, FS Vaccaro, FS Rambo, WR Dobson, RB Michael, TE McDonald, OT Foketi, WR Swope
Raidin wrote:
My love for Rod is growing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SPaceGhost


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 2223
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for bringing Gruden back, he's had his vacation, time to get back on the horse and go to town!

Gruden is exactly what this team needs offensively and from a HC, a solid yet dynamic offense and someone that'll put his foot up asses and kick walls. He would probably love nothing better than to come back and finish what he started, namely turning a floundering franchise back into a team of raging badasses and winning a Super Bowl or two. The game pass by Chuck?! Better re'valuate... I'll bet he's chomping at the bit to get back on the field, kick [inappropriate/removed] and chew bubblegum, and I've never seen him chew bubblegum. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SPaceGhost


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 2223
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the last page... drat! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4003
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
I'm all for bringing Gruden back, he's had his vacation, time to get back on the horse and go to town!

Gruden is exactly what this team needs offensively and from a HC, a solid yet dynamic offense and someone that'll put his foot up asses and kick walls. He would probably love nothing better than to come back and finish what he started, namely turning a floundering franchise back into a team of raging badasses and winning a Super Bowl or two. The game pass by Chuck?! Better re'valuate... I'll bet he's chomping at the bit to get back on the field, kick [inappropriate/removed] and chew bubblegum, and I've never seen him chew bubblegum. Twisted Evil


Its not happening. Davis wouldnt be re-signing Allens coaches if there was a chance he was going to hire Gruden. Gruden would want to pick his own coaches. As exciting as it sounds to have him on the sideline again it just isnt going to happen. At least not this year.
_________________

Sigged by Jamison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group